Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:29 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Not one of the lawsuits has cited any evidence. All they have are internet rumors and blog sites which would be tossed as hearsay if they were dumb enough to present them in court as evidence, should they ever see the inside of a courtroom. Lucky for them, the lawyers purposely write moot, flawed lawsuits that they know won't make it to court, because their purpose is only to collect donations.

The defendents wouldn't use Snopes. They have the actual birth certificate, stamped and certified by the State of Hawaii, which is self-authenticating as well as accepted by nature of the "full faith and credit clause" of the Constitution. Plus they could call Dr.Fukiwhateverhername to the stand as keeper of the record if needed for further authentication. The irony being, the court would never require the "long form vault copy" of the bc because the short form meets the requirements of State and Federal Rules of Evidence.

Of course, none of this matters because it will never make it to court.

I know for a fact she's under investigation. She's held on to her license up to this point because she never had a client before, outside of family, so she's stayed under the radar. But she's violated so many ethics rules in these birth cases, it's unbelievable, and numerous attorneys have notified the Bar about her soliciting clients and donations, and nondisclosure of use of funds. She's a disgrace to all of us. She had a duty to disclose to her "military clients" that signing up could lead to court martial... I don't see that in her solicitations. Unconscionable behavior. Anyone can add to the complaint by calling or writing to the California Bar The State Bar of California. If you write, use the anonymous option. Otherwise she will get your personal info and will post it on her site. She's already done that to a couple lawyers. She also posted name/address/phone and Social Security numbers of all the people named Stanley Dunham in the US, under some conspiracy theory that Obama's mother was still alive... no matter that they were all men of various ages. I know she wears a white coat, but really, the arms should be crossed and tied in the back.
Never making it to court is exactly why this officer said he signed up and according to this article, Orly did tell the officer to consult with his attorney before making the statement and signing the letter. Here is an excerpt:

"As an active-duty officer in the United States Army, I have grave concerns about the constitutional eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama to hold the office of president of the United States," wrote Scott Easterling in a "to-whom-it-may-concern" letter.

Obama "has absolutely refused to provide to the American public his original birth certificate, as well as other documents which may prove or disprove his eligibility," Easterling wrote. "In fact, he has fought every attempt made by concerned citizens in their effort to force him to do so."

Taitz told WND she had advised Easterling to obtain legal counsel before making any statements regarding the commander-in-chief, but he insisted on moving forward. His contention is that as an active member of the U.S. military, he is required to follow orders from a sitting president, and he needs – on pain of court-martial – to know that Obama is eligible."

Old 02-24-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
It goes on and on and on simply in order to keep the money flowing in via those "donation" buttons.
You are kidding right? It goes on and on because people on this and nearly every other board keep it going. If you want it to stop then do not reply, it's that simple.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
On the issue of money, there's a huge difference between billing your client for competent legal services and inventing your own lawsuits and then soliciting clients and donations. The Bar has strict ethics rules of accountability and transparency for soliciting public donations in a pro bono case. Orly's violating them. And why isn't Keyes paying his own bill? He seems able. I'm sure the IRS will be interested in her "foundation" too. Wonder if they've been notified.
Good points, if she is breaking the law then I agree but, in this country we are still innocent until proven guilty aren't we? I think I see a few here who have appointed themselves Judge and jury.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:42 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Austin, I know how you feel and you know how I feel about the POTUS. There is no need for us to continue to argue about it unless you have something new that I am unaware of. All I do is post information that has not been posted before about this issue. Today I posted that according to Orly a former chief of the NSA and an active duty officer have joined her action. This is news that the MSM will not write about. If it is not true, then it will be found out. There are some really sharp posters here and you are one of them.

According to the poll that I started, anywhere from 20 to 25% think there is something to this and I am one of them. Why can't people allow us to have our opinion without all of the "extra curricular activity" if you know what I mean.

I am finding it hard to believe that the percentage is so low because of the number of visits these types of post get, and the types of posts they get. There are some very deep seeded feelings about this subject.
If people don't respond to your posts, or all the responses you get to your posts of "new" information agree with you, Tg, then you're still getting the benefit of advertisement. IMO, that is exactly what Orly wants. More and more advertising. So you shouldn't complain that people keep your threads alive. And I suppose that every post I make helps keep the issue "alive" on the Internet. However, it is almost impossible not to respond to the continued apparent irrationality of the same type of information being posted over and over, after it has been debunked time and again.

Tell me this. Who, individually, stands to gain the most from the continuation of this drama which Ms. Orly has going on? Have you contacted the California Bar and asked them about the donations she is collecting to "work" these so-called lawsuits?

Ethics mean anything when you are blindly following someone?

Btw, I've had a very nice day, thanks. How 'bout you?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:44 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Good points, if she is breaking the law then I agree but, in this country we are still innocent until proven guilty aren't we?
Yes you are correct yet the conspiracy nuts here have President Obama tried and convicted without proving anything!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:46 PM

Default Tg

Quote:
You are kidding right? It goes on and on because people on this and nearly every other board keep it going. If you want it to stop then do not reply, it's that simple.

Interesting, I just addressed that very issue. You are right. However, it is against my nature to let SOOOO MUCH free advertising for Ms. Orly go by without responding.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yes you are correct yet the conspiracy nuts here have President Obama tried and convicted without proving anything!
Yes there are some who feel that way but I am not one of them. I have always said I do not know for sure but I want to and it will take more than what has been shown so far.

Try communicating without the names OK?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Interesting, I just addressed that very issue. You are right. However, it is against my nature to let SOOOO MUCH free advertising for Ms. Orly go by without responding.
I know, but I still call you friend.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:54 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Try communicating without the names OK?
Sorry it's not ok, nothing personal.....

Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
What I believe is very simple.....

If Obama has nothing to hide, then why is he paying attorneys to keep documents hidden?
You only keep things hidden when you have something important to hide.

Very cut and dry. Very simple.
Maybe in your simple way of viewing the world it is very cut and dried. Maybe in a common sense, everyday way of thinking many people would agree with you.

However, the courts have now been involved in this issue, even if the lawsuits are bogus and frivolous. It is abundantly clear that you don't really understand the significance of that reality. He's not paying attorneys to "hide" any documents. The attorneys are retained to represent him in these ridiculous lawsuits.

So your life is an open book to EVERYONE in the country? You have nothing to hide? How about if we all wanted to see your medical records?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections