Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:53 PM

6,021 posts, read 7,800,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I would rather be a sore loser than the "bitter winners" all you dims seem to be. Why so much anger? YOU WON!!!!

so were u a bitter winner the past 2 terms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,178,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Am I correct in assuming the majority of those 25 states are located south of the Mason Dixon Line?
5 are blue states and I never tried to figure it out because it is a non issue to me. Again, and for the last time, there is NO PLACE ON THIS THREAD FOR RACISM, there is no place for racism, period.

I cant kick you off of the board but I can put you on ignore and recommend that all others do the same and why, so stop with that crap.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:02 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,148,407 times
Go right ahead TG, and btw you cannot dictate where or what I can post.....

Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,164,999 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I would agree with you but more than a few of these states are blue, how do you explain that away as playing to the right?
The state I live in is blue and Bachmann got elected in a district here. They don't come much higher in the tin foil hat crowd than she is. So you see it's not that we don't have the wacko nut jobs in the blue states. We just don't have a many.

Also jimmy, they have an ignore function here. If you want to legitimately debate our differences then do it in an adult manner, if you want to keep up the sarcasm, I will be happy to add you to my list.
Maybe you can explain to me the proper way to debate your character assassination of the President of the United States. I'm always willing to learn.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,120,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
As many "high-level" officials are now considering this as there are "high level" courts taking the birth certificate ruckus seriously.

I've never seen such a bunch of whiney sore losers. Ever!

Obama's president. He got there because Bush/Cheney mismanaged the nation on a scale never seen before. That's the reality. Refusing to see won't make it go away.

You have seen such whiney sore losers before...they were called democrats the eight years Bush was in office. Now it's your turn.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Maybe you can explain to me the proper way to debate your character assassination of the President of the United States. I'm always willing to learn.
Saying that Obama may not be eligible to be POTUS is character assassination how? That is no more character assassination than saying that he has lied about many of his campaign promises, can he prove that he hasn't?

As an adult there is no need to use childish names for those you disagree with. You are a smart fella, you don't need to resort to that kind of discourse.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:08 PM

31 States Claiming / Planning Sovereignty (http://www.mrstep.com/politics/az-wa-mo-nh-ok-claiming-sovereignty/ - broken link)

Not a lot of love for Obama.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,120,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Obama's president. He got there because Bush/Cheney mismanaged the nation on a scale never seen before. That's the reality. Refusing to see won't make it go away.
OK...I've been reading this type of comment since the election. This is a perfect example of "if you repeat a lie long enough, you start to believe it yourself."

Now I'm no huge fan of GWB, and I know that many people disagree with him and his politiics, but can we put aside the knee jerk vitriole and look at the reality. You can disagree with the war, you can believe that we should put the "rich" in jail and take their wealth and give it to people in homeless shelters, but please....can we be intellectually honest for once?

Where exactly did Bush and Cheney "mismanage the nation on a scale never seen before?" That's just factually untrue, even if you discount the fact that Democrats were in control of both houses of Congress for his last 2 years. Spending went up...much more than I would have wanted, but where were the Democrats? Where were the principled fillibusters of the spending bills? There were none.

As for the financial crisis we're in, some of that has its roots in the 1990s and has nothing to do with Bush or Cheney. The Republican Congress, with Bill Clinton's signature, repealed Glass-Steagall and allowed banks to blur the line between investment and deposit banks. Mega bank mergers resulted and the "too big to fail" bank was born in the 1990s. Add to that the tacit approval by Democrats of people unqualified to buy houses being given mortgages, regardless of their incomes and ability to pay their mortgages. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd looked the other way as Fannie and Freddie sowed the seeds of the current problems. After the dot com bubble burst and 9/11 happened, Bush and Cheney brought us back to a pretty strong economy. No one was complaining when GDP was roaring at 5% per year.

There is plenty of blame for both sides of the aisle, so let's not try to say that one party or Bush alone is somehow at fault for what we now experience. Where was the Democrat in Congress who fought to control spending? Where was the Democrat who fought in Congress to tighten lending and reduce risk?

ANSWER: There was none because the Dems approved.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,431,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
According to Representative Rohrer: 10th Amendment Clearly Defines State Powers. At least 22 States are worried that the Federal Gov. is taking control of too many issues that should be left to the individual states to deal with.

The real question is why are so many taking this kind of action now that Obama is the POTUS? Obama's administration must be doing something that is upsetting them to go to this length to reassert their sovereignty.

Here is a
video of Rep. Rohrer explaining his position. And this: LINK

Again, did anyone hear anything about this in the MSM or before Obama took office?
Everyone should be glad for this. There is no way that Obama's government can keep spending trillions of dollars that don't exist and that can never be repaid.

When he brings about the collapse of the federal government, we can get back to the Constitution or pre-Constitution where the states held power. Otherwise look how bad anarchy would be.

The 50 states can assume power once the federal government has spent itself into oblivion. They can form form alliances as they please.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,372,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You have seen such whiney sore losers before...they were called democrats the eight years Bush was in office. Now it's your turn.

I'm not the one whining.

I'm glad Obama won. America is ready for some mature, adult leadership after the past eight years of incompetence and cronyism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections