Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:29 AM

17,376 posts, read 16,518,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Financial Aid forms?? Aaaaargh! I had a terrible flashback when I saw those words! I will be so pleased to see President Obama's education platform be put into action; may no other parents be pushed to the point of panic attacks by those evil forms. Better paying back your student loans thru
service than to have to care for parents who had nervous breakdowns getting you those loans!
He has promised a $2500 college education tax credit. That will be enough to get you some classes at a community college. Beyond that, you'll be doing some sort of vague community service to pay for your college. Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like a part time job, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
He has promised a $2500 college education tax credit. That will be enough to get you some classes at a community college. Beyond that, you'll be doing some sort of vague community service to pay for your college. Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like a part time job, doesn't it?
No.

I wish you folks would look up what you want to comment on before doing so, you won't sound so ill-informed as a result.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No.

I wish you folks would look up what you want to comment on before doing so, you won't sound so ill-informed as a result.
Obama's plan sounds vague to me (as does much of what he says). If you have more info about it please feel free to share.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,881 times
What a bunch of whiners the bunch of you! Jesus Christ, its like reading a weeks worth of Michelle Maulkin dribble.How about you all write "return to sender" on your stimulas checks and send them back! How about that for a mass statement from you people.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I still appreciated his speech. This morning on NPR, I just heard an interview with a Republican Senator, the name of whom I can't remember. There was the usual disagreement over where tax cuts should happen, but he was seemingly open to bipartisan work with the Democrats to solve the issues facing our country. He disagreed with President Obama on some areas, but he did not seem to be an obstructionist.

I noticed that the Republicans in the audience stood and applauded on many issues. It kills me to say this, but I think that they may be more willing to work with Obama than my Democrats were willing to work with George W. Bush. I may be living in La La land and dreaming, but it seems to me that the obstructionist actions we have seen in the first 30 days of Obama's presidency may be waning somewhat.

Having said that, I did not hear the Republican response last night. Too late, too tired, and Jindahl apparently put me to sleep in my recliner.

I am going on with my dream of bipartisanship on the horizon.

Republicans are usually more willing to work with the other side than Democrats are.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
What a bunch of whiners the bunch of you! Jesus Christ, its like reading a weeks worth of Michelle Maulkin dribble.How about you all write "return to sender" on your stimulas checks and send them back! How about that for a mass statement from you people.

What stimulus checks??? To my knowledge, there aren't going to be any "checks" sent out. Unless you count that extra $13 dollars on my paycheck, that doesn't count. If there has been a change and we are now getting a check from the government in the mail, someone please clarify if we are!
I will say that his speech didn't enlighten OR disgust me, IMO it was the same old spill he has been saying since last summer. When he can show some results then I'll make my decision, otherwise, its just the usual political hogwash!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Republicans are usually more willing to work with the other side than Democrats are.

So true.....Democrats have a tendency to "shut out" Republicans so they can push there hidden agendas.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
So true.....Democrats have a tendency to "shut out" Republicans so they can push there hidden agendas.

Yes, liberals are only liberal as long as you are agreeing with them. Otherwise they get downright nasty.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
What stimulus checks??? To my knowledge, there aren't going to be any "checks" sent out. Unless you count that extra $13 dollars on my paycheck, that doesn't count. If there has been a change and we are now getting a check from the government in the mail, someone please clarify if we are!
I will say that his speech didn't enlighten OR disgust me, IMO it was the same old spill he has been saying since last summer. When he can show some results then I'll make my decision, otherwise, its just the usual political hogwash!
The stimulus money ($13/wk) will show up in your paycheck. No checks are being mailed out.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 PM

404 posts, read 560,930 times
"Disgust"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections