Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times

Advertisements

I thought Palin was the future of the GOP, how dare they throw her under the bus and not grant her this opportunity....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 08:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I am sure many voted for Obama because of the way he "sounds" and not based on policy and ideas. I see that as disturbing.

Look, after barely tolerating The Decider's lack of speaking abilities for eight long horrible years, we've been longing for an articulate POTUS that can inspire with his eloquence. We cannot nor do we deserve another obnoxious speaker on the podium. Hell no! Please...no more!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Wait until the American public hears about his creationism and exorcism beliefs. Of course the party of Bush and Palin and Joe the Plumber seems to think Americans like stupidity.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Maybe instead of assuming what we're talking about you should take the time to ASK first so you don't end up looking silly.

No one cares about his ethnicity nor his accent. He was speaking as though he was talking to a bunch of 3 year olds, not the adult population of America. Although I guess if you didn't notice...
I agree. It was extremely condescending.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Default Poor Bobby Jingals

The guy reminded me of Mr. Rogers on Prozac..Also, what will the wingnuts say about their new 37 year old leader of middle eastern descent. If they called Obama a terrorist, can anyone imagine

Last edited by Tank1906; 02-24-2009 at 09:13 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM

442 posts, read 790,380 times
LAmexican posts...

Naw, you're thinking of Timothy Geithner here.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
Jindal's speech did not contain enough substance to get Americans excited about the GOP's plans for America's future.

Instead, the governor stuck to the tried-and-true attacks on Democrats as the spend, spend, spend party. Hey, that's basically true.

But what's the alternative from the GOP? Exactly how do Jindal and the Republicans want to get America out of its fiscal mess?

Look closely, and Jindal's speech contained little that shows he and his party have a lot of good clues about how to do that.

There was the empty appeal to bipartisanship:

Republicans are ready to work with the new president to provide those solutions. Here in my state of Louisiana, we don’t care what party you belong to if you have good ideas to make life better for our people. We need more of that attitude from both Democrats and Republicans in our nation’s capital.

Notice there were no specifics from Jindal on what, exactly, the Republicans and GOP can work on.

Then there was the requisite self-flagellation:

In recent years, these distinctions in philosophy became less clear - because our party got away from its principles. You elected Republicans to champion limited government, fiscal discipline, and personal responsibility. Instead, Republicans went along with earmarks and big government spending in Washington. Republicans lost your trust - and rightly so.

Again, Jindal then offered no examples about how being a cost-cutting Republican might help in the immediate future.

Jindal's lame GOP response speech | Midwest Voices

Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Even the right wing nutjobs are not excited over his speech.

Quote:
Well, I don't feel as good about the Jindal response as I did earlier today.

There was a cheesy, salesman-like quality to the response that I don't think connected with the Rick Santelli-inspired anger so many Republicans are feeling right now. And, I'm pretty sure he's going to be SNL's next target. His speech tempo was just, so weird.

Enough complaning from me. He didn't pass the primetime test and it makes me sad. I don't want to dwell.
Political Blogs, Conservative Blogging, The Politics Blogspot: Townhall.com

Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Default Did Someone Say 'Kenneth'?

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan (February 24, 2009) - Kenneth Jindal

Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
I don't understand something. Why was Jindal making the rebuttal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections