Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 07:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Yes, I saw the original and it is authentic. At least he produced one which is more than some have done. I really don't care if he is Hindu, Catholic or Southern Baptist.
You saw it and you are vouching for it. We can't even believe the governor of Hawaii, but we're supposed to believe you? Try again. Apply the same logic as Obama has been treated to. He did release one, you know. It's all over the internet. Then there's this issue of the parents, which is what the anti-Obama crowd falls back on when it seems there is no doubt O. was born in Hawaii. "His father wasn't an American. He may have allegiance to Britain, Kenya, etc." Jindal's parents weren't American, either. "What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 07:34 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
Quote:
Yes, I saw the original and it is authentic. At least he produced one which is more than some have done. I really don't care if he is Hindu, Catholic or Southern Baptist.
But I haven't seen it. Was it the vault copy? Did he attend college under his real name or under the name of Bobby? What is he trying to hide? Did his grandparents in India see his birth? etc.

Sorry, I don't believe any of this either, and I don't care to see it, but in the interest of fair and balanced posting, I felt this needed to be said.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Wait a minute. Life begins at conception correct?

Wouldn't that mean that since Piyush was concieved in India 4.5 months before his parents came to Baton Rouge that he is actually an Indian citizen?

We need to start up the lawsuits asap on this.
Call ORly, Berg, and Donofrio

Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
That was semi-funny the first time one of you did it, but it is getting old now. I am not one to get into the birth certificate thing, actually. Once he was elected that should have been over, because there is no do over. They might as well grin and bear the next four years.
Well then, you should have a pretty good understanding of how annoyed we get at the same kind of stupidity directed towards Obama - which was my whole point.

I'm to the point now where when I see a poster constantly harping on the "Obama is not a citizen" issue I usually just put them on "Ignore" - and thus don't even accidentally read anything they say on any issue whatsoever. I figure if they don't have the common sense to understand the silliness and futility of THAT issue, then they probably don't have anything intelligent to say any other issue either. Essentially I consider them trolls.

The fact is (as you mention) Obama IS our President (like it or not) and debating endlessly the supposed "illegality" of that is a pointless waste of time. NOTHING is going to come of these endless lawsuits.
Nothing.
Ever.

Except of course the slime ball lawyers filing them will continue to suck "donations" from the fools dumb enough to submit them.

What a racket.

Ken

Old 02-26-2009, 07:42 AM

40 posts, read 128,819 times
He is a media creation because he was the only national figure available who is an Asian who came from an immigrant family. Ethnic minorities are in, white men are out now a days.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well then, you should have a pretty good understanding of how annoyed we get at the same kind of stupidity directed towards Obama - which was my whole point.

I'm to the point now where when I see a poster constantly harping on the "Obama is not a citizen" issue I usually just put them on "Ignore" - and thus don't even accidentally read anything they say on any issue whatsoever. I figure if they don't have the common sense to understand the silliness and futility of THAT issue, then they probably don't have anything intelligent to say any other issue either. Essentially I consider them trolls.

The fact is (as you mention) Obama IS our President (like it or not) and debating endlessly the supposed "illegality" of that is a pointless waste of time. NOTHING is going to come of these endless lawsuits.
Nothing.
Ever.

Except of course the slime ball lawyers filing them will continue to suck "donations" from the fools dumb enough to submit them.

What a racket.

Ken
Amen to that!!!! I have been doing that for quite awhile now and it has really reduced my stress level.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Yeah, but Mt Rainier is not a REMOTE possibility like an asteroid is. It's a very real risk - as Mt St Helen's (and the Lassen Peak eruption of 1915) showed us - and the size of the potential evacuation makes the need for ADVANCED warning all the more obvious. Both Mt Rainier and Mt Baker are very much alive and could erupt at any time. In regards to evacuation. It's not that the people can't leave - there are major freeways heading north south and east. It's the fact that people need TIME to get out. Monitoring provides that time - just as the National Weather Service satellites provide time for the millions of people along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts time to get out.

There's a reason such disasters in places like India and Indonesia kill hundreds of thousands - they don't have the resources and infrastructure in place to evacuate folks when they need to. Unlike the Third World, America has the resources to do that - but it doesn't come for free.

Ken

Why does this require federal assistance though... WHY????

Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Why does this require federal assistance though... WHY????
Because it's a problem at the Federal level. These problems don't just affect ONE state. Multiple states are affected. Do you think the ash fallout is simply going to stop at the state line? Do you think a tsunami will only strike a single state - and somehow magically avoid impacting another nearby with coastline as well?

Just like with a hurricane or earthquakes - multiple states are at risk - as are the Federal installations located in them.

What? You don't think the Naval forces (including our strategically vital aircraft carriers) and facilities (including shipyards) at bases like San Diego, San Fransisco, Bremerton and Everett would be impacted by a volcanically induced tsunami? Remember a little place called Pearl Harbor - in Hawaii? It's just as important now as it was back in 1941. How about our Army and Air Force bases all along the West Coast? Think that ash fallout will simply avoid them?

These are strategically important military resources.
Natural disasters aren't going to avoid Federal facilities simply because only the state paid for research to prevent them.

And don't even get me started on the potential impact to the national economy.

It's a NATIONAL problem - not a local or state one.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 02-26-2009 at 08:49 AM..

Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 AM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Well in 40 pages we got one poster who sorta ventured into his polices you guys are almost improving.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Because it's a problem at the Federal level. These problems don't just affect ONE state. Multiple states are affected. Do you think the ash fallout is simply going to stop at the state line? Do you think a tsunami will only strike a single state - and somehow magically avoid impacting another nearby with coastline as well?

Just like with a hurricane or earthquakes - multiple states are at risk - as are the Federal installations located in them.

What? You don't think the Naval forces (including our strategically vital aircraft carriers) and facilities (including shipyards) at bases like San Diego, San Fransisco, Bremerton and Everett would be impacted by a volcanically induced tsunami? Remember a little place called Pearl Harbor - in Hawaii? It's just as important now as it was back in 1941. How about our Army and Air Force bases all along the West Coast? Think that ash fallout will simply avoid them?

These are strategically important military resources.
Natural disasters aren't going to avoid Federal facilities simply because only the state paid for research to prevent them.

And don't even get me started on the potential impact to the national economy.

It's a NATIONAL problem - not a local or state one.

Ken
Another example that acts of nature (or man) don't just affect one state. The Hanford nuclear reservation is in Washington but the polution threatens the Columbia River in Oregon. The feds created this radioactive mess, they should pay for cleanup and Obama's included money in budget.

Apparently, the rebuttal Jindal gave was one he planned give at the repub convention, but Jindal had to cancel because Hurricane Gustav hit LA. The speech didn't suit the occasion. The leader of the repub party, Rush Limbaugh, is defending Jindal's speech. That ought to tell you something. According to this article, Jindal was definitely a potential presidential candidate. Jindal needs someone with common sense to vet his speeches in the future. He may be a Rhodes scholar, but it seems he's lacking in that area.
Clip:
...Mr. Johnson faulted Mr. Jindal for telling a story about Harry Lee, the sheriff of Jefferson Parish during Hurricane Katrina and who has been repeatedly accused of racial profiling, and for bringing up Hurricane Katrina at all, which Mr. Jindal cited as an example of the failure of big government.
“The one thing Republicans want to forget,” Mr. Johnson said, “is Katrina.”

Last edited by tigerlily; 02-26-2009 at 10:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections