U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 PM

14,809 posts, read 31,232,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
hey, i love carlton banks and the carlton dance. Carlton was a republican also ya know...lol.
lol :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,226,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!! Only people being ignorant tonight are you and Mr. Jingals.
Well since you have yet to post anything worth while in this thread including why Jindal did not have a good response I take you word like a pile of crap!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:52 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,915,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
LMAO.

Is this the guy you GOPers are going to put against Obama? Between him and Sarah Palin, the GOP is ****ed!

Wait, wasn't it the Dems who nominated both Al Gore and then John Kerry the last two elections? I'd worry less about what the GOP's doing and more on how the next 4 years pan out for the Dems.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 PM

26,291 posts, read 18,931,153 times
you can nearly always tell how worried a ******* is by how many exclamation marks said ******* uses.

23 exclamation marks tells us the level of worry is nearing the pants-pooping level

Old 02-24-2009, 10:06 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,226,308 times
They sad he was vague yet Jindal clearly said that the GOP wanted to:

lower income taxes (more than the 13 a week we get from the Obama administration)

Lower taxes on business (yet Obama wants to raise them to get rid of Bush and his deficit)

Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,876,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Don't worry Jindal won't be at the top of the GOP ticket in 2012. He is not ready for that, but he will still serve a key role in the party.
I'm not worried. I would love it. Everybody the republicans turn to ends up terrible or ineffective. Mike Steele yacking about hip-hop republicans and Palin and now Jingals auditioning on air live for SNL. I can't wait to see who they trot out next. I thoroughly enjoy these up and coming republicomedians.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 PM

2,968 posts, read 2,627,013 times
GOP = train wreck in motion

I love this movie!!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,539,403 times
Tank; don't forget the dems were out in the wilderness for a while - 2002, 2004 were not good election years for them.

I remember in 2002 Carville putting that bag over his head in despair - I think he did it again in 2004.

In politics, the pendulum can swing fairly quickly in either direction. Right now, it's swinging your way (disaster).

I imagine some of us feel the same way dems/libs felt in 2000 and 2004.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,876,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
They sad he was vague yet Jindal clearly said that the GOP wanted to:

lower income taxes (more than the 13 a week we get from the Obama administration)

Lower taxes on business (yet Obama wants to raise them to get rid of Bush and his deficit)
That's not vague? Did Jingals explain how he was going to do that?

Did Jingals turn down all the government aid his state got for Katrina? C'mon, he was horrible. In one speech he rendered himself irrelevant nationally. When the citizens of Louisiana realize this guy wants to turn down funds to aid their state, he might be irrelavant locally.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,298,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I'm going to make a bipartisan comment about Jindal and Sebelius who gave the reubuttal for the dems last year. I thought Sebelius was a bad speaker, but this guy takes the cake. Jindal was way off base to use volcano monitoring as an example of government waste. I live in a volcano prone state, and I've got a suggestion for Jindal, let's not monitor hurricanes. Since he doesn't want to take stimulus money, I assume Louisiana has recovered fully from the effects of Hurricane Katrina and they don't need any further help from the feds. On healthcare, he stated we should leave health care decisions to doctors and patients and not the federal government. Is he not aware that the private sector aka insurance companies make the decisions. I'd love to see this guy debate Obama in 2012. He's got a long way to go.
Regarding the volcano monitoring thing, I live in California and I thought EXACTLY the same thing you did: Let's quit monitoring hurricanes too then.

I liked Jindal a lot before he gave this speech. Now I think he is really out of touch with the rest of the country.

I thought, at some point, he would say that we didn't need a military -- that the Boy Scouts could fight our wars without depending on government money!

He was really AWFUL!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections