U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 AM

29,749 posts, read 34,791,238 times

Advertisements

Chris Matthews Explains "Oh, God!" Utterance
During today's Hardball, Chris Matthews will address the moment last night when a live mic caught him muttering "Oh, God," as Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal came out to deliver the GOP rebuttal to President Obama's address.

Jindal has reportedly declined an invitation to appear on this evening's edition of Hardball.

Is Jindal in hiding? Is this acting very Presidential on his part? Is he Presidential Timber or just another twig floating downstream?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:48 PM

5,763 posts, read 4,347,849 times
Lightbulb Excuse Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is the dumbed down democrat version of it all, but not the truth by any means. George W. Bush's legacy will be keeping this country safe for 7 years after 9/11 and for freeing and transforming Iraq into one of the most progressive, democratic countries in the middle east. That is a legacy worth putting up with all of the stupid remarks from people like you.

Sadly for the neocons, GWB will also be held accountable for 9/11 and the days prior to it when they chose to ignore warnings from the FBI aand the
previous administration. You must have missed Condi testifying and holding
up the security paper from the Clinton WH stating "Bin Laden Determined To Attack Inside US Using Airplanes." (Paraphrased but accurate). Over 3000 dead through their hubris and negligence, over 4000 dead American soldiers and God only knows how many Iraqis...that's a legacy that no rational person would want to leave for future generations to question.
On September 11, 2001, GWB was the POTUS..it happened on his watch.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:16 PM

404 posts, read 499,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Chris Matthews Explains "Oh, God!" Utterance
During today's Hardball, Chris Matthews will address the moment last night when a live mic caught him muttering "Oh, God," as Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal came out to deliver the GOP rebuttal to President Obama's address.

Jindal has reportedly declined an invitation to appear on this evening's edition of Hardball.

Is Jindal in hiding? Is this acting very Presidential on his part? Is he Presidential Timber or just another twig floating downstream?
Chris had another tingly feeling up his leg

Old 03-01-2009, 04:55 PM

22 posts, read 20,486 times
Jindal looked like Alfred E. Neuman.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:35 PM

86,920 posts, read 102,388,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Look into Jindal's education.
He's much better educated than president Obama. And smarter by every measurement. Check for yourself. You own the political world now. You can afford to relax a little.
How is this more educated than Obama?

Bobby Jindal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Although he had thought of a career in medicine or law, he went on to study at New College, Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar and received an M.Litt. degree in political science from the University of Oxford in 1994 for a thesis on "A needs-based approach to health care." Later that year he was reported to have been accepted at Harvard Medical School and Yale Law School, and to have the option of returning to Oxford for a D.Phil. in politics.[9][10]"

Old 03-01-2009, 05:38 PM

29,749 posts, read 34,791,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autre View Post
Jindal looked like Alfred E. Neuman.
I knew I had seen that look before. Alfred in headlights.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM

19,501 posts, read 20,861,578 times
Jindal's whiny speaking style reminds me of Harry Reid.

A harmless, powerless Harry Reid.

Wow. Wouldn't THAT be great?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 AM

1,992 posts, read 3,730,385 times
Jindal looked much better on 60 minutes last night. I thought he did a fairly good job in the interviews/story. I think he might be a pretty good choice to consolidate the factions of the Republican party, but I don't think he will pull many, if any, votes away from the Democrats or the Independents if he runs for president in 2012.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 AM

3,254 posts, read 5,398,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is the dumbed down democrat version of it all, but not the truth by any means. George W. Bush's legacy will be keeping this country safe for 7 years after 9/11 and for freeing and transforming Iraq into one of the most progressive, democratic countries in the middle east. That is a legacy worth putting up with all of the stupid remarks from people like you.
His legacy is that he scrwed up our country financially and couldn't even CATCH the bad guy.

It is completely the truth. You are too stubborn to admit you chose WRONG when you voted (or your mommy and daddy voted in this case) for Bushwacked George. Brainwashing does a body good my dear, it seems to have worked on you.

You really think that BUSH kept us safe? I think he was useless before it happened and MISDIRECTED our MILITARY EFFORTS to stop the REAL terrorist by sending us into IRAQ where they had NOTHING to do with 9/11. GENIUS.

How stupid do you have to be to go after THE WRONG FREAKIN COUNTRY?
He was distracted with finishing Daddy's war instead of doing his JOB and taking care of the country from the REAL bad guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Look into Jindal's education.
He's much better educated than president Obama. And smarter by every measurement. Check for yourself. You own the political world now. You can afford to relax a little.
Smarter? Doubtful, he doesn't understand how VOLCANO's could kill hundreds of thousands of Americans, and how this is a serious geological issue no different than Earthquakes, Tornado's and HURRICANE's.

If we threw him a bone for his STUPID levies to be strengthened would he then SHUT UP? Of course, because he was getting something out of it.

Of course, his state is the one with their most popular city UNDER SEA LEVEL. He is so smart, he would rather us rebuild a city that is sinking than protect the ones that are not.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM

3,254 posts, read 5,398,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Hawaii was state when Obama was born .. not sure what you are getting at. I don't think you do either.
Yeah and many uniformed people still complain about how he is president when he shouldn't be.
I am saying they keep harping on Obama saying because he lived in Indonesia and was born in Hawaii (like Bette Midler was) that he is not a true american. I find all the accusation dumb. They were both born in "America". Maybe not where you expect them to be normal (HAWAII AND A OVERSEAS BASE) but still americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections