Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 11:55 PM

18,051 posts, read 25,118,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Now that's the kind of stuff I'm expecting from my boys! Yeah!
I'm not critizicing Jindal "I'm just saying" (just like Hannity)

I'm selling some Pinyush "Anchor baby" Jindal 2012
t-shirts if anybody wants some

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 11:56 PM

715 posts, read 2,083,267 times
He's a frikking indian, need i say more?

If this is the best the gop can come up with, then Democrats fate is pretty much sealed.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,942,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post

It was a play on words, as Jindal is from Louisiana. Try and keep up.
It not appropriate to lay an egg and then try to pawn off the sticker by blaming the audience of not keeping up. Your play on words, was lame, unimaginative, and just plain wrong.

Jindal may be from Louisiana, but I am a third generation New Orleans and a 5th generation Louisianan, in short as louisiana as a hot Crawfish pie.

Good-bye Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou
My Yvonne, the sweetest one, me oh my oh
Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou

(Chorus)
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo
'Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o
Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou

Hank Williams Jambalaya

Old 02-25-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
So sayeth one of the biggest drama queens in D.C.
Well Barney's definitely a drama queen, no doubt about it. But I give credit were credit is due, left, right, or center, and it was a funny line. And if you write something of note, I'll credit you as well.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:06 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,407,729 times
I was slightly dissapointed by Governor Jindal's response to President Obama's address. I thought it came off a little too narrated, but then again this is known to be Governor Jindal's style, straight and informed straight talk. I thought it was a little too light on the facts. I wish he could have showed us more data and information. I would have liked it if he had done something similar to his 31-point ethics plan. It was not what I expected from a Rhodes Scholar. Overall, the message was excellent and did go back to the core principals of the Republican Party. He made a good attempt to show us that the Republican Party is the party for people who believed in their father's and grandfather's lessons of self reliance. If the Republican Party is able to get that message out there, which I think it will with our excellent speakers like Governor Romney, Governor Jindal, Chairman Steele, and Governor Sanford. I think we may be venturing toward a more Goldwater-style Republican Party, but I still think we will be able to maintain our conservative social values as well.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 AM

Anchor baby

Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
their father's and grandfather's lessons of self reliance.

If you don't mind sharing, what did your father and grandfather do for a living, because unless they drove across the prairie in a covered wagon, I would suggest that there is quite a bit of mythology in your statement.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
this is known to be Governor Jindal's style, straight and informed straight talk. I thought it was a little too light on the facts. I wish he could have showed us more data and information.
Holy crap, this has got to be the most contradicting post I've ever seen on the internet.

Straight talk but lacking facts, information and data?

Old 02-25-2009, 12:34 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,821,880 times
The Tax Foundation - Federal Taxes Paid vs. Federal Spending Received by State, 1981-2005

Old 02-25-2009, 12:38 AM

568 posts, read 1,475,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I voted for McCain as a PUMA. Jindal is no McCain. He can't even shine McCain's shoes.

That speech was so AWFUL it should go into the museum of AWFUL!

PUMA? You people are sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections