U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,530,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Politics aside, it ticks me off that they acted like they would help an animal that needs a home but instead took one that didn't. I'm sorry but that disgusting.
Oh for pete's sake, are you desperate or what?

ALL dogs need a home and this one was for sale. Millions of people BUY animals everyday.

Those people help SMALL BUSINESSES like kennels. By supporting good breeders they help put puppy mills out of business! Ya heard of puppy mills , haven't ya? Those are the dogs that many times end up in shelters....if they LIVE that long!

Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 PM

1,643 posts, read 3,759,052 times
More lies. It is not a rescue. It is being presented to them by Ted Kennedy and is a dog from the same champion lines as the Kennedy's who own several Portuguese water dogs themselves. This is a very expensive dog and certainly not a rescue.

Ted picked the dog for them, Barack probably picked the name BO ..his initials. But they claim the dog is named Bo after Bo Diddley.

WHY can't they just tell the truth?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,665,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

ALL dogs need a home and this one was for sale. Millions of people BUY animals everyday.

Those people help SMALL BUSINESSES like kennels. By supporting good breeders they help put puppy mills out of business! Ya heard of puppy mills , haven't ya? Those are the dogs that many times end up in shelters....if they LIVE that long!

Stop the BS because it's pretty stupid. Don't say your going to rescue a dog and don't do it and then have people go out and come up with STUPID defense for it.

The this dog needs a home it's DUMB, newsflash breeders control breeding of their dogs so they don't have to have them. The animals in the shelter don't have the luxury of waiting for some one to take them they either get adopted or die.

Also save it on they are a small business, I don't care because I'm talking about saving an animals life. I have something called a heart and have ALWAYS gotten my animals as strays or from a shelter because they need a home and deserve a shot a life just as much as a pure breed.

Just disgusting how you defend this and with that argument.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,151,010 times
Quote:
Politics aside, it ticks me off that they acted like they would help an animal that needs a home but instead took one that didn't. I'm sorry but that disgusting.
That particular breed evidently RARELY shows up as a rescue animal

Personally? I have no problem whatsoever with the way they got this dog.

My only concern is - are the girls going to be happy?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,151,010 times
Quote:
Stop the BS because it's pretty stupid. Don't say your going to rescue a dog and don't do it and then have people go out and come up with STUPID defense for it.
Let's be accurate - there was no statement that the only way they would consider a dog was as a rescue animal.

Again - be accurate

Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
That particular breed evidently RARELY shows up as a rescue animal

Personally? I have no problem whatsoever with the way they got this dog.

My only concern is - are the girls going to be happy?

First yes they are rare but as a matter of fact there is a Portuguese Water dog available for adoption in DC. There is also a mix in Virgina. Also, would it really be hard for the President to say I want to adopt one but it's in North Carolina and arrange a meeting? I wouldn't think so.

Link

You know what my daughter has two dogs both from a shelter and guess what she loves them. The word selfish comes to mind when it's said a pure bread would make some one happy and a shelter dog wouldn't.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Let's be accurate - there was no statement that the only way they would consider a dog was as a rescue animal.

Again - be accurate

Yes lets

Quote:
"On the other hand, our preference would be to get a shelter dog, but, obviously, a lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me. So whether we're going to be able to balance those two things I think is a pressing issue on the Obama household,"
Link

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM

756 posts, read 1,792,039 times
I want to say that who ever came up with this thread.........GET A LIFE

Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 PM

1,643 posts, read 3,759,052 times
Quote:

Again - be accurate

Actually it was Michelle who said during a speech that she wanted to get a dog from a shelter.

"Michelle Obama stated that the family wants to adopt a rescue dog from a shelter, rather than purchase an expensive purebred with papers. This has brought roars of applause from animal activists and shelter representatives. On Wednesday, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals applauded that news."

Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 PM

6,475 posts, read 9,899,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Wow. You don't know anything about the plight of homeless pets, do you?

Barry is now part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections