U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What ticket would you support?
Bobby Jindal/Sarah Palin 3 11.11%
Sarah Palin/ Bobby Jindal 9 33.33%
Michael Steele/ Bobby Jindal 12 44.44%
Michael Steele/ Sarah Palin 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,723,259 times

Advertisements

Petraeus/Romney

1+1=4 Together they are experts in every facet -Politics, Business, International Affairs & Military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:25 PM

2,265 posts, read 2,773,915 times
I think we should concentrate on 2010 first

Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,862,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Whats with the love for Romney?

The guy is a Massachusetts liberal. He tried to out-gay rights Ted Kennedy and flip-flopped all over the abortion issue. If the R party wants to run their own version of John Kerry then we know how that story is gonna end.

And if Romney weren't a good candidate, you wouldn't feel the need to put him down. The more a candidate gets put down by the left, the better. Remember, they loved McCain and many claimed to "almost" vote for him...darn that Sarah Palin. Nobody should ever buy all of that bs.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:55 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,517,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And if Romney weren't a good candidate, you wouldn't feel the need to put him down. The more a candidate gets put down by the left, the better. Remember, they loved McCain and many claimed to "almost" vote for him...darn that Sarah Palin. Nobody should ever buy all of that bs.
Find me a candidate that the other side wont put down.

Talk is cheap. Like I said watch Romneys debates with Kennedy (I'll make it easy for you
video proof of flip flopping) or just check Romney Flip Flop for even more examples.

BTW, I'm not a member of the left. I am an average centrist who is slightly more informed. When we are against your candidate you should reconsider your fundamentals instead of blaming the opposition. Or you can keep pretending you are right somehow and everyone else is wrong, whatever works for you.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,170,938 times
all of the above!

Old 02-28-2009, 04:17 PM

500 posts, read 636,185 times
Newt and Dobbs dangit

Old 02-28-2009, 04:35 PM

Mitt Romney won the straw poll at CPAC for who you would like the nominee to be in 2012 for the second year in a row. He won by over 20% above all else. Why can't people understand that is who the people want.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:27 PM

2,024 posts, read 3,774,758 times
Quote:
Mitt Romney won the straw poll at CPAC for who you would like the nominee to be in 2012 for the second year in a row. He won by over 20% above all else. Why can't people understand that is who the people want.
That last sentence is kind of confusing. If people want him, they'll vote for him. Or were you trying to say that some Republicans can't see that other Republicans want him? Maybe some Republicans want Palin or Jindal. If Republicans truly want him, they'll vote for him in the primary. I think that's generally the best indicator of how much a party wants someone. Who knows, maybe he'll win the primary this time around. Then you'll know that people really want him.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
That last sentence is kind of confusing. If people want him, they'll vote for him. Or were you trying to say that some Republicans can't see that other Republicans want him? Maybe some Republicans want Palin or Jindal. If Republicans truly want him, they'll vote for him in the primary. I think that's generally the best indicator of how much a party wants someone. Who knows, maybe he'll win the primary this time around. Then you'll know that people really want him.

If you don't understand that each party promotes who they want to win the nomination and manipulates it that way, you didn't watch the last one closely enough. If it were the will of the people, without outside manipulation, Romney would have been the nominee last time.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:37 PM

2,024 posts, read 3,774,758 times
Quote:
If you don't understand that each party promotes who they want to win the nomination and manipulates it that way, you didn't watch the last one closely enough. If it were the will of the people, without outside manipulation, Romney would have been the nominee last time.
Whoa, down Cujo. I'm just saying...if people want someone to win, they'll vote for that person. Someone always wins and others always lose, that's just how it works. Huckabee's supporters probably weren't happy, I doubt Paul's were either. So, like I said, if Republicans want him in 2012, they'll vote for him. Until that time, I think it's ridiculous to make a statement that Republicans don't "get" that other Republicans want him. Why would the Republicans sabotage Romney? What's your theory on that? Are you really suggesting that members of either party can't accurately assess a candidate and decide to support or oppose said candidate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or