U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
 
Location: San Antonio North
4,147 posts, read 7,235,896 times
Reputation: 1009

Advertisements

So can anyone raise their hand if a poor man ever gave them a job?

Can anyone raise their hand if they think the rich are really going to pay those taxes?

This the rich man is evil syndrome has no basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 13,185,633 times
Reputation: 3923
I'm personally in favor of a flat tax for each and every person and business in the U.S. with ZERO tax breaks or loopholes of any kind.

That way we ALL share the burden equally wheter you make 10G a year or 10 billion....makes no difference and we can throw that bloated,insane IRS tax code book in the Boston harbor along with millions of IRS agents,tax lawyers,tax accountants and rest of the people getting rich off of our misery .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,553,037 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
So can anyone raise their hand if a poor man ever gave them a job?

Can anyone raise their hand if they think the rich are really going to pay those taxes?

This the rich man is evil syndrome has no basis.
Raise hand! Yes, people who made less than 250,000 have given me a job.


Now YOU raise your hand if the unemployment rate is below 3% because of all the jobs created by the wealthiest 2% of Americans getting huge tax breaks fron Bushy.


"""""Can anyone raise their hand if they think the rich are really going to pay those taxes?

This the rich man is evil syndrome has no basis""""


Sooooo if the rich don't pay their taxes they aren't evil?????

Just crooks?

Just rich doing what rich people do?

Nice?

Honest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,553,037 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
So can anyone raise their hand if a poor man ever gave them a job?

Can anyone raise their hand if they think the rich are really going to pay those taxes?

This the rich man is evil syndrome has no basis.
And if you believe that poor people don't create jobs...then why do you want more poor people???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: San Antonio North
4,147 posts, read 7,235,896 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And if you believe that poor people don't create jobs...then why do you want more poor people???????
It is a flawed premise. You seem to think that taking from the rich and giving to the poor is a good thing.


No wants more poor people one would be an idiot to think such a thing.

Instead of giving a personal story about how some poor man gave you a job why don't you try to dabble in facts on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
 
Location: San Antonio North
4,147 posts, read 7,235,896 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Raise hand! Yes, people who made less than 250,000 have given me a job.


Now YOU raise your hand if the unemployment rate is below 3% because of all the jobs created by the wealthiest 2% of Americans getting huge tax breaks fron Bushy.


"""""Can anyone raise their hand if they think the rich are really going to pay those taxes?

This the rich man is evil syndrome has no basis""""


Sooooo if the rich don't pay their taxes they aren't evil?????

Just crooks?

Just rich doing what rich people do?

Nice?

Honest?
They pay the taxes them they pass that on to the consumer. One example they increase their pay to off set the difference. If they do that the money comes from some whee.


Once again the liberal intent was all and well just not the out come. How is the war on poverty doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 AM
 
Location: North America
19,634 posts, read 12,433,898 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
This Thursday the Obama administration will announce the first legislative proposal to begin rolling back the Bush Tax Cuts for the rich, and to redistrubute the tax burden more towards the affluent - WHICH IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE!!!

The days of Dubya's evil smirk are over!!!

Obama will once again make the rich pay their fair share, and to reverse the massive distribution of wealth from the middle-class to the rich that occurred during the Bush administration..

This is change we can believe in!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us...t.html?_r=1&hp
Oh shooot! That means I'll have to bury my money in a Cayman account like all the Wall Street execs.


Oh, wait... I don't have any money.

...my bad...carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:45 AM
 
Location: North America
19,634 posts, read 12,433,898 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I'm personally in favor of a flat tax for each and every person and business in the U.S. with ZERO tax breaks or loopholes of any kind.

That way we ALL share the burden equally wheter you make 10G a year or 10 billion....makes no difference and we can throw that bloated,insane IRS tax code book in the Boston harbor along with millions of IRS agents,tax lawyers,tax accountants and rest of the people getting rich off of our misery .

I like the fair tax idea better. A tax on consumption which eliminates ALL income tax. That way, there are no loopholes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,553,037 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
So can anyone raise their hand if a poor man ever gave them a job?

Can anyone raise their hand if they think the rich are really going to pay those taxes?

This the rich man is evil syndrome has no basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
It is a flawed premise. You seem to think that taking from the rich and giving to the poor is a good thing.


No wants more poor people one would be an idiot to think such a thing.""


IF the wealth isn't spread around a little more then there WILL be more poor people...desperately poor and LOTS of them!




""""Instead of giving a personal story about how some poor man gave you a job why don't you try to dabble in facts on this one."""


UH....... in YOUR post you ASKED people to do just that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
They pay the taxes them they pass that on to the consumer. One example they increase their pay to off set the difference. If they do that the money comes from some whee.


Once again the liberal intent was all and well just not the out come. How is the war on poverty doing?
Your last quote......


what ????

What?????

The only coherent thing I got out of that was:

"How is the war on poverty doing?"

After 8 years of bush you REALLY want to address that!????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Fly-over country.
1,765 posts, read 6,377,947 times
Reputation: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Um I do believe all were doing is taking away the tax breaks that the rich were given, and instead taxing the poor less... Its not like Obama is the first person to change tax percentages on certain brackets. Were merely undoing the counter-productive tax plan that Bush put in place.

And you didn't even refute anything I said. Obviously were not just giving tax breaks to lower income families "just because". Is that your argument?

And are you saying that the rich will somehow not be rich anymore after their 3% increase? Or that the poor will all of a sudden become rich?
No, I was saying that you are taxing the rich, by changes in code or flat out increases for the sake of doing it. For the sake of giving more of the people's money to the government so it can be wasted.

Lower taxes and spending cuts work.

Spending increases and increasing taxes do not.

I'm a capitalist, not a republican. I dislike the fact our elected leaders are all just clones in a long line of same-old-story populists who twist in the wind of public opinion. The only differences any of them have is a few minor social and policy issues. None of them have the courage to lead.

I want more of my money to stay with me. I want liberty.

I'm barely middle-middle class and the government now takes 1 out of every 4 dollars I make, more if you count fuel and sales taxes. I've never gotten my money's worth. That's sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top