U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,623,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Why did they call it a stimulus plan?
I don't know but maybe one of these Democrats can that read it and cut to the chase and tell me what I'm getting out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,023,420 times
If their reading comprehension skills are on a par with the most of the Republicans here abouts, it wouldn't have mattered.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,379,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Why did they call it a stimulus plan?
It's stimulating a lot of discussion, isn't it?

Actually, the Pres corrected that. He properly renamed it the "Spending Plan". Now, *that* is an example of transparency. No more trying to fool the citizenry. Call it what it really is.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM

10 posts, read 11,250 times
The Bill was 1100 pages, and it was all about paying back Obama's Thugs buddies, Pelosi and Reed wanted it passed so that the American People would not know what was in the Bill!

Old 04-11-2009, 03:10 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,365,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Here is the American Recovery And Reinvestment Act of 2009.

It is a PDF file, which I found by going to the Recovery.gov website.

Since it is available online, anyone can access it from any computer with internet service.

It is 407 pages long.

We currently have approximately 40 Republican Senators.

If they had divided up the reading, each Senator would have to read approximately 10 pages, take notes, and then review it with their fellow Republicans.

The question is ... what were these Republican Senators doing at that time which prevented them from completing such a simple task involving such an important issue?

All I ever heard was excuses ... such as ... we didn't have time to read it.

Well .... how long does it take to read 10 pages ? About 30 minutes?

Hey Republicans .... you are the ones who voted for these men and women to represent you in government !!!
Democrats didn't read it either.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:15 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,689,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
The Bill was 1100 pages, and it was all about paying back Obama's Thugs buddies, Pelosi and Reed wanted it passed so that the American People would not know what was in the Bill!
Please give links.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:20 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,371,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Here is the American Recovery And Reinvestment Act of 2009.

It is a PDF file, which I found by going to the Recovery.gov website.

Since it is available online, anyone can access it from any computer with internet service.

It is 407 pages long.

We currently have approximately 40 Republican Senators.

If they had divided up the reading, each Senator would have to read approximately 10 pages, take notes, and then review it with their fellow Republicans.

The question is ... what were these Republican Senators doing at that time which prevented them from completing such a simple task involving such an important issue?

All I ever heard was excuses ... such as ... we didn't have time to read it.

Well .... how long does it take to read 10 pages ? About 30 minutes?

Hey Republicans .... you are the ones who voted for these men and women to represent you in government !!!
So many errors on your thread I dont even know where to begin

The final plan was 1100 pages after all of the pork barrel projects were added, it was released one night, voted on the next morning. Republicans protested (by refusing to vote) that there wasnt enough time for anyone to read the bill to analize it, but Democrats, who didnt care, voted and didnt read the bill either.

Maybe you can read and properly digest a trillion dollar 1100 page plan overnight but I couldnt.

The question is, YOU voted for these men and women who voted YES on a bill they didnt even read (Democrats).. So why do you find that acceptable?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:49 PM

109 posts, read 142,428 times
Why did Obama Sign it with out reading it?!

The Buck Stops Here - On the Obama Desk!!!!
The Final Responsibility for the Bill becoming Law was Obama's!
He has to take the blame for all the problems including the bonus payments to AIG!
Which was clearly in the bill which he signed!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM

1,643 posts, read 3,757,616 times
Let's ask the teleprompter. Maybe he read it

Old 04-11-2009, 10:00 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,914,519 times
Look,

Democrats are turning screws tighter and tighter on you and me. They think that we're not smart enough to make decisions for ourselves ..... so Congress will decide for us.

I hope Pelosi chokes on a sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or