U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 PM

16,885 posts, read 12,981,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I guess Bush wasn't serious those 8 years, eh? More worried about Iraq and settling Daddy's score.

should have gotten done with afghanistan 1st before giving the noose to hussein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 03:31 PM

5,210 posts, read 9,090,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
BO would look the other way just like Clinton would have.

I love calling BO by his initials. It has such a fragrant aura about it!
I'm sure he smells fine (unless he's been smoking ). But his policies so far sure do stink.

Can't wait 'til 2012.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:32 PM

404 posts, read 498,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'm sure he smells fine (unless he's been smoking ). But his policies so far sure do stink.

Can't wait 'til 2012.
Amen

Old 02-28-2009, 05:34 PM

19,228 posts, read 17,366,778 times
Obama would have done whatever Hillary told him too, but I'm sure Nancy Pelosi would have had her say.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,734,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
This is a "What if" scenario for everyone. How do you think Obama would have reacted if 9-11 happened on his watch?
He would have stopped reading right away and realized his reaction was being recorded for history for all to judge how he handled the moment. That moment is one for the ages and will haunt Bush for ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WztB6HzXxI

For those who have suppressed the moment I offer you the above to relive. For those of you to young to know I offer the above for you to learn. For those of you who want to just watch it again for your own personal reasons I offer you the above also.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 AM

4,510 posts, read 4,098,924 times
This thread begs the question, 'would there have been a 9-11, if Obama had been the sitting president?', and the answer is no.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,734,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
This thread begs the question, 'would there have been a 9-11, if Obama had been the sitting president?', and the answer is no.
How many of our current problems would we have if we had gone from Clinton to Obama and skipped the Dud in between.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:11 PM

22 posts, read 20,461 times
Yeah, the twin towers would still be standing, the economy would still be good, 55,000+ young soldiers would still be alive among othe things. I'd be retiring instead of working to recoup my lost retirement and home equity.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,837,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post

Wow, how much of that Koolaid did you drink. You are seriously delusional. That is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. What will you say if we get hit again during Obama's time, God forbid? 9/11 was carrried out by seriously disturbed people who didn't care who the leader of our country was or is. They hate us, ...me, you all of us for reasons that are illogical and beyond rationale. When will some of you get this whole terrorism thing? We had terrorist attacks all through Clinton's administration on American entities and lost lives, we had 9/11 during Bush's term...not directed at them, but at us and our country and entire way of life.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 PM

12,594 posts, read 8,720,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Wow, how much of that Koolaid did you drink. You are seriously delusional. That is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. What will you say if we get hit again during Obama's time, God forbid? 9/11 was carrried out by seriously disturbed people who didn't care who the leader of our country was or is. They hate us, ...me, you all of us for reasons that are illogical and beyond rationale. When will some of you get this whole terrorism thing? We had terrorist attacks all through Clinton's administration on American entities and lost lives, we had 9/11 during Bush's term...not directed at them, but at us and our country and entire way of life.
And besides, Clinton was far more responsible for 9-11 than Bush was. Terrorists respect strength..not pandering and limpwristed responses. Did we have a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9-11? Nope...but England, France, and Spain did. Why? Because of weak leadership in the face of terrorism. Now that Bush is out of office and Nobama the appeaser is in..we can expect another attack very soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or