Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Face it, in order to vote for such remarkably bad politicians like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney,and Sarah Palin, to say nothing of other Republicans equally as bad shows that you have to be ignorant to begin with.

No question that conservatives are the anti-science, pro-war crowd, which reveals their lack of intellect and inability to think for themselves.

Americans are likely among the most ignorant of the industrialized countries of the Western world, and conservatives make up the bulk of this group.

When their President cant even speak English, it kind of gives it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I think she meant that Obama would fix the economy, create jobs etc therefore she could better afford to pay for gas and a mortgage, of course I know you right wingnuts would never see it that way....
Going to save this post for 3 years.

Lets see how he fixes the economy and create valid jobs.

If he does and I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Going to save this post for 3 years.

Lets see how he fixes the economy and create valid jobs.

If he does and I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.
That's an old "O'Really" trick ain't it???

Old 02-28-2009, 10:33 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
That's an old "O'Really" trick ain't it???
Nope, I checked off my PDA for 2/25/12.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Nope, I checked off my PDA for 2/25/12.
If it's the Mayan version like mine...it ends not to long after that anyway

Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Education, in and of itself, is a good thing. One should always strive to learn. The venue of that learning is not so important as what knowledge has been gained. One can learn things anyplace anytime. Knowledge that is gained from actual experience is no less valuable than that gained in a classroom. I, personally, have learned many valuable things while sitting on the back of a horse. It didn't earn me any fancy degrees but the lessons learned are no less pertinant. College education is great, and higher learning is a good thing, but having that type of educational background does not make one superior, in any way, to one who did not sit in the classroom. And a college degree is just that, a degree. Not a license for a pompous , superior attitude. In my experience it is often the highest educated people who have the most marked lack of common sense and knowledge of how things work in the real world. Just because the book said it works that way don't make it so.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:58 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
I don't think for a second that "right-wingers" are dumb. That's just ridiculous.

But I do think that right-wingers tend to be more fearful of things that are different and unknown and think in more black-and-white terms than liberals.

That's not backed up by any maps, just an observation.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:02 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
It's just mind boggling how those on the left end feel themselves to be so intellectually superior. Why is that? How does supporting candidates for political office like Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, Barney Frank, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid make them so intelligent? If who one supports for office is a defining characteristic of intellect I have to ask how the aforementioned "public servants" can be used to paint an image of intelligence.. Such a superior attitude with a track record of dismal failure and embarassment to back it up. That hardly speaks well of the intelligence of the left. I wonder where those of us in the middle fall on this scale of "intellect"?.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It's just mind boggling how those on the left end feel themselves to be so intellectually superior.
Why is that?
How does supporting candidates for political office like Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, Barney Frank, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid make them so intelligent?
If who one supports for office is a defining characteristic of intellect I have to ask how the aforementioned "public servants" can be used to paint an image of intelligence..
Such a superior attitude with a track record of dismal failure and embarassment to back it up.
That hardly speaks well of the intelligence of the left.
I wonder where those of us in the middle fall on this scale of "intellect"?.
Because they have a mental illness!

Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill

Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill

THE LIBERAL MIND:The Psychological Causes of Political Madness:
The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, by Lyle Rossiter, Jr., MD

Old 03-02-2009, 04:40 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I don't think for a second that "right-wingers" are dumb. That's just ridiculous.

But I do think that right-wingers tend to be more fearful of things that are different and unknown and think in more black-and-white terms than liberals.

That's not backed up by any maps, just an observation.
Oh do you mean the fear tactics like the left is using to pass the stimulus unread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections