U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:23 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,878,906 times

Advertisements

^^
Get over yourself. You're politicizing an assassination attempt. That's pretty sick.

How many people who vote progressive do you know that actually take money from the government or live off the government for free? I can't think of one. Some get grants to carry out research or implement workforce development programs, but none that I know are simply on the dole.

Percentage-wise, it's probably about as many as wealthy people who live off the government that vote Republican. Keep in mind, the top 3 wealthiest counties in the country and 10 of the top 20 wealthiest are all in the DC area since Bush took over.

We get it. You like to caricature liberals. How about we move on from this liberal versus conservative childish behavior and you start proposing resolutions that work? So far, your ideology collapsed under its own weight the past 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,284 posts, read 12,295,780 times
The election of the first black president. Has brought the hate groups out of the dirt. But I thought he was half white lol.

The immigration issue is doing the same thing. I live in the south and the new thing for some white's. Is lets blame the hispanics. Just look at how many hate groups have formed in places around Texas, Arizona, California, and the border recently.

I blame Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann coulter. These people are inciting a riot. Whether they want to admit it or not.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,475,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The election of the first black president. Has brought the hate groups out of the dirt. But I thought he was half white lol.

The immigration issue is doing the same thing. I live in the south and the new thing for some white's. Is lets blame the hispanics. Just look at how many hate groups have formed in places around Texas, Arizona, California, and the border recently.

I blame Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann coulter. These people are inciting a riot. Whether they want to admit it or not.
Do you even know that the HIV guy is named Hussein, is a liberal, has HIV himself, is from Ethiopia, and is here getting free healthcare at taxpayer expense because he's a "refugee"?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,878,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Do you even know that the HIV guy is named Hussein
Why does that matter? So is my dry cleaner and our president.

Quote:
is a liberal,
Why does that matter?

Quote:
has HIV himself,
So what does this have to do with anything?

Quote:
is from Ethiopia, and is here getting free healthcare at taxpayer expense because he's a "refugee"?
...and?

You really want this country to be white and conservative. You're holding on to the last of your fading mythology. Let it go.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:59 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,475,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Why does that matter? So is my dry cleaner and our president.

Why does that matter?

So what does this have to do with anything?

...and?

You really want this country to be white and conservative. You're holding on to the last of your fading mythology. Let it go.
I don't care if it's white, but yes conservative.

There seem to be several posters here who think that the guy that sent the HIV positive blood to Obama is a white conservative, some kind of right winger -- because they didn't care to find out the truth.

The truth is that the guy is a Muslim immigrant, named Hussein, HIV positive, an Ethiopian immigrant living off the American taxpayers, a liberal. Why are people so quick to jump to some other conclusion? Don't facts matter?

Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 AM
fre

109 posts, read 69,209 times
The ones who'd get hurt are the intern kids in the mailroom.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 AM

55,487 posts, read 74,383,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
How does President Obama's "going too far" have anything to do with it? You claim to be taking the high road by never wishing him dead, but you take it back by implying that he could go too far and then deserve it - or at least provoke people to such an extent that they react badly.

You are part of the insanity. You fans of Hannity/Rush/Coulter/Malkin/etc. are helping the culture of hatred that could result in a very bad situation. You don't get to participate with those scum without taking the blame when some crazy nutbag acts out on what he's heard from your community.
situational loyalty of the hard right, 8 years of lectures on respect the office and now this. the loss of respect for hard right is irreversable.
rush limbaugh the new leader indeed. glad it is coming out in the open.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:12 AM

9,608 posts, read 9,807,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fre View Post
The ones who'd get hurt are the intern kids in the mailroom.
from Anthrax maybe, the danger of HIV infected blood sent through the mail would be symbolic, at best.

H

Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 AM

567 posts, read 1,343,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post

Sean Hannity is to blame all by his lonesome.. I can tolerate everyone on FAUX NEWS except for Sean. He makes me sick to my stomach. I even found Rush's CPAC speech entertaining and I'm a Democrat.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,512,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
If things get better and stay that way for, say 4 years, I will be glad to give him credit.

If things don't, he will fry and we, our children, and their children will pay a severe price for decades. There is no plan "B", there is no way out once he racks up trillions and trillions of dollars of debt. He could very well straddle Presidents and this country with debt for as far as the eye can see and the mind can imagine.

Who knows maybe he will make it so bad that he will be able to eliminate anyone from every wanting to be President again. Then he can be emperor Obama. Yep, that's a plan.
No, you gave Obama a month in office and now are blaming him for the economic disaster that started on BUSH's watch! YOU gave bush 8 years to destroy our economy and give Obama 4 to get us out and are misguided enough to blame Obama for it!!!!!!

OR, YOU SAY, he will FRY ??? What exactly do you mean by that...that like your god Limbaugh you HOPE he fails, you HATE America? "FRY"?You hope Obama is killed???
Here's someone who can hate someone so much they hope the country fails !!!!! How traitorous ! Anti-American ! UN-patriotic! :

"""Who knows maybe he will make it so bad that he will be able to eliminate anyone from every wanting to be President again. Then he can be emperor Obama. Yep, that's a plan."""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections