U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:49 PM

2,602 posts, read 4,308,580 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
I think everyone in America has felt like crying about the 2000 election at least once the past 8 years. It was the worst thing to happen to America ever. Literally.
Over 600,000 dead Americans at the hands of other Americans gets my vote for the worst thing to happen to America.

But who am I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:04 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,257,722 times
[quote=TomDot;7751081]
Quote:

Over 600,000 dead Americans at the hands of other Americans gets my vote for the worst thing to happen to America.

But who am I?
A necessary loss, unlike the Bush administration.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 AM

I watched the documentary. It was an embarrassing piece of journalism and I do not mean for Conservatives.
The Conservative equivalent would have been if there were a film made where the documentarian had only gone to gay parades to make a film about all Liberals.
I am a Northeast Conservative. I am not the least bit religious, I am not racist, I am reluctantly pro-choice, I do not own a gun nor do I chew tobacco, and I have gay friends and relatives but support only heterosexual marriage. This describes all of the conservatives that I know, and there are quite a few of us in Massachusetts.
Why weren't people like me represented in this mockumentary?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:38 AM

[quote=nickeldude;7755677]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post

A necessary loss, unlike the Bush administration.
True.
After all, the abolitionist Republicans needed to fight the pro-slavery Democrats in order to make all men free.
Thank God we won that one!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 PM

7,270 posts, read 13,488,486 times
Quote:
I watched the documentary. It was an embarrassing piece of journalism and I do not mean for Conservatives.
The Conservative equivalent would have been if there were a film made where the documentarian had only gone to gay parades to make a film about all Liberals.
I am a Northeast Conservative. I am not the least bit religious, I am not racist, I am reluctantly pro-choice, I do not own a gun nor do I chew tobacco, and I have gay friends and relatives but support only heterosexual marriage. This describes all of the conservatives that I know, and there are quite a few of us in Massachusetts.
Why weren't people like me represented in this mockumentary?
The documentary does state, several times, that this is just a glimpse of SOME McCain supporters. I've met a ton of people, however, who share the views expressed in the doc.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
The documentary does state, several times, that this is just a glimpse of SOME McCain supporters. I've met a ton of people, however, who share the views expressed in the doc.
The conservatives that I know are nothing like these people.

My in-laws live on Michigan Ave. I won't say who my father-in-law is but his is one of those names that are etched in stone at Millennium Park among many other locations in Chicago.
In other words he is a philanthropist.
He is also a conservative. Most of his friends are conservatives and not a one bears any resemblance to the people interviewed.

The woman who interviews these people is Nancy (I vant to suck your vallet) Pelosi's daughter. Need I say more?

I would also be willing to bet that if someone were to interview Obama supporters around the time of the election and made a film about it, that HBO would take a pass on screening it.

Last edited by TomDot; 03-12-2009 at 10:56 AM..

Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 AM

7,270 posts, read 13,488,486 times
Quote:

My in-laws live on Michigan Ave. I won't say who my father-in-law is but his is one of those names that are etched in stone at Millennium Park among many other locations in Chicago.
He is also a conservative. Most of his friends are conservatives and not a one bears any resemblance to the people interviewed.

The woman who interviews these people is Nancy (I vant to suck your vallet) Pelosi. Need I say more?

I would also be willing to bet that if someone were to interview Obama supporters around the time of the election and made a film about it, that HBO would take a pass on screening it.
That's all fair. Still, I've seen the documentary and hear echoes of lots of things I've heard elsewhere in the run-up to the 08 election.

I am from SC originally and most of my family is still in SC, NC, and GA. I was there before and after the election, and the vitriol I saw was truly staggering.

It's not everyone. I know TONS of fair-minded Conservatives. Still, you can watch videos of McCain rallies and see that the folks in this doc are not alone. Not by a long shot. That's what this documentary is about.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,595,246 times
Quote:

The woman who interviews these people is Nancy (I vant to suck your vallet) Pelosi. Need I say more?

It's Nancy Pelosi's daughter Alexandra that does the doc. All she does is ask them simple questions.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It's Nancy Pelosi's daughter Alexandra that does the doc. All she does is ask them simple questions.
Yes I edited.
You're right though, she didn't actually produce the film.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,174,583 times
Quote:

The woman who interviews these people is Nancy (I vant to suck your vallet) Pelosi's daughter. Need I say more?

If you really are a conservative then shame on you for not understanding your party. The types of people appearing in that documentary are representative of your base. Those are the types of voters that the Republican party depends upon to get elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or