Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I see you here crying all the time about Obama. Anyway have a good day as Obama ratings are high!
Looking at some of his policies I bet he is too or he thinks we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 09:05 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Poor analogy.
Please tell me your joking? No wonder the republicans are so far off track....

Old 03-06-2009, 09:23 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Heh, heh. Well GWB was at over 90% at one point too.
You betcha!

Surely, that kind of approval rating is something to be proud of. But, only two others seem to have crossed 80% approval rating since 1945 besides W Bush: Truman and HW Bush. And only two others, below Bush, have dipped below 30% at any time during their term: Truman and Nixon. W is in good company!

On a more serious note, there has been only one president since 1945 who left office with a higher approval rating than when he took office: Clinton. It will be a tall order for Obama to do the same, but it is possible.
Presidential Approval Ratings (1945+)

Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I see you here crying all the time about Obama. Anyway have a good day as Obama ratings are high!
You must be speaking of a different Obama than the one leading the nation to destruction. Get your head out of the sand, read a newspaper, and see what you boy is doing to our nation.
Just goes to show Democrats are completely clueless.....
You people who put him in office would be very funny if it weren't so tragic

Old 03-06-2009, 10:37 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You must be speaking of a different Obama than the one leading the nation to destruction. Get your head out of the sand, read a newspaper, and see what you boy is doing to our nation.
Just goes to show Democrats are completely clueless.....
You people who put him in office would be very funny if it weren't so tragic
From the fear, anger and hatred you spew, let me guess, you're a republican and a dedicated Limbaugh/Hannity listener.

You see, ostrich syndrome applies to those who had their head stuck in the sand for last eight years and are now running around with pain in the rear because it made things worse and are now looking for excuses.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Bugs Bunny would be @ 90% too if he was President and his territory was attacked and he vowed revenge on the attackers....
As would Alfred E Newman.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Faux News Poll: Obama's economic policies more popular than Reagans-alfredw.jpg  

Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Please tell me your joking? No wonder the republicans are so far off track....
I can't do that because I wasn't joking.
It's a poor analogy because Bugs Bunny always has a favorable rating, He is the protagonist.
If you are going to posit an analogy of this type you really want to use an antagonistic character like Yosemite Sam or Wile E. Coyote to make your comparison. As in: Even Wile E. Coyote would have a favorable rating after 9/11 if he were president.
In other words, you should use an unfavorable character to start with.

Do you understand?

Let me know if this is over your head and I will try explaining it to you as I would a child.

I'll leave your political affiliation out of it because I will not assume that all liberals are as obtuse as you seem to be.

Oh! I forgot.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
I can't do that because I wasn't joking.
It's a poor analogy because Bugs Bunny always has a favorable rating, He is the protagonist.
If you are going to posit an analogy of this type you really want to use an antagonistic character like Yosemite Sam or Wile E. Coyote to make your comparison. As in: Even Wile E. Coyote would have a favorable rating after 9/11 if he were president.
In other words, you should use an unfavorable character to start with.

Do you understand?

Let me know if this is over your head and I will try explaining it to you as I would a child.

I'll leave your political affiliation out of it because I will not assume that all liberals are as obtuse as you seem to be.

Oh! I forgot.
LOL

I think you take your cartoons a little toooooooooo seriously.
Keep calm and step away from the remote.

I think it's pretty clear what Kingtodd meant - ie that EVEN a two-dimensional cartoon character would get high approval ratings under THOSE conditions.

Ken

Old 03-06-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You betcha!

On a more serious note, there has been only one president since 1945 who left office with a higher approval rating than when he took office: Clinton. It will be a tall order for Obama to do the same, but it is possible.
Presidential Approval Ratings (1945+)
And the Dems still lost the White House!
Shows just how valuable approval ratings are.

Another thing.
I'd be willing to bet a thousand dollars that Clinton wishes he had had more of a dramatic presidency. 55% approval to start 63% to finish = a forgettable presidency.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL

I think you take your cartoons a little toooooooooo seriously.
Keep calm and step away from the remote.

I think it's pretty clear what Kingtodd meant - ie that EVEN a two-dimensional cartoon character would get high approval ratings under THOSE conditions.

Ken
Holy Crap what a stretch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections