Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:58 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Yeah. Comedy Central is a much better news source......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 08:10 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
When you have news reporters from newspapers and television networks actively cheering for Senator/President Obama during and after the presidential election I think that pretty much shows they are blatantly biased towards one side of the political spectrum. Even worse is when you have people covering the presidential election talking about how Senator Obama sends a thrill up his leg. When I was in the Navy in the early to mid 1990s we viewed CNN as the enemy because they would go out of their way to find a negative story about the military and almost always ignore positive stories about the military.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times
Viacom, News Corp, GE, Time Warner. Disney and the few other media giants that own most media sources are all conservative and run the media devisions in that context.

Many print outles fall into this as well.

Nice scam though - run conservative media which dominate the U.S. and then call it liberal.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
When you have news reporters from newspapers and television networks actively cheering for Senator/President Obama during and after the presidential election I think that pretty much shows they are blatantly biased towards one side of the political spectrum. Even worse is when you have people covering the presidential election talking about how Senator Obama sends a thrill up his leg. When I was in the Navy in the early to mid 1990s we viewed CNN as the enemy because they would go out of their way to find a negative story about the military and almost always ignore positive stories about the military.
A lot of people cheered because it was the long awaited end of the Bush Presidency.
The media may report negative stories about the military, but I doubt if they will report negative stories about military individuals - the ordinary soldiers. You shouldn't take it personally.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Viacom, News Corp, GE, Time Warner. Disney and the few other media giants that own most media sources are all conservative and run the media devisions in that context.

Many print outles fall into this as well.

Nice scam though - run conservative media which dominate the U.S. and then call it liberal.
You gotta be the most intellectual dishonest person on CD. You have literally be discredited with this BS over and over and you still continue to repeat it as if you were not totally making it up. The Obama smear campaign isn't paying you enough or needs to do more research for it's internet drones.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Big John is a BELIEVER. Don't try convincing him with facts. They only create surly confusion.

The Republicans are masters of "Framing arguments" (Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice, Death Tax,) in order to emotionally discredit any critical analysis. It has worked in their favor because they are masters of Propaganda. They covered their looting of our entire economy under the cloak of "free enterprise".

FWIW – My local newspaper is the Manchester (New Hampshire) Union Leader. The editorial page is a continuous source of disinformation and the news section is designed to keep people frightened. Liberal this rag ain’t.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
OP - this may be determined by the observation that Liberals can read and fundies cannot.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
OP - this may be determined by the observation that Liberals can read and fundies cannot.
smile

Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well the newspapers aren't doing too well. I would say instead that television is for liberals and talk radio is for conservatives.

Conservatives tend to have jobs and they can work and listen to the radio while television works better for liberals who can devote their time and attention to watching it.
Yeah, I can see how that can work for some conservatives.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:38 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
Quote:
Conservatives tend to have jobs and they can work and listen to the radio while television works better for liberals who can devote their time and attention to watching it.
End quote.

I really do get tired of this BS. I am a liberal, and I have always worked, often two jobs at once, worked full time while in college, never drawn welfare. I know conservatives who do not work and do draw welfare. I hate these simplistic statements painting everyone on both sides with the same brush. It simply does not hold up in reality. Another example is the "tax cheats" in the Democratic party. Yes, there are tax cheats and they should be dealt with. But in many of these forums the implication is that there are no conservative or Republican tax cheats. Both parties have more than their fair share of cheaters.

Another point for your newspaper/talk show argument is that we must remember that newspapers are supposed to give us factual information rather than opinion except on the editorial page. Talk radio by its very nature is entertainment that is expected to be biased not informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections