Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:20 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,464,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Quote:
Conservatives tend to have jobs and they can work and listen to the radio while television works better for liberals who can devote their time and attention to watching it.
End quote.

I really do get tired of this BS. I am a liberal, and I have always worked, often two jobs at once, worked full time while in college, never drawn welfare. I know conservatives who do not work and do draw welfare. I hate these simplistic statements painting everyone on both sides with the same brush. It simply does not hold up in reality. Another example is the "tax cheats" in the Democratic party. Yes, there are tax cheats and they should be dealt with. But in many of these forums the implication is that there are no conservative or Republican tax cheats. Both parties have more than their fair share of cheaters.

Painting everyone with one brush is unfair. But, our two major parties do stand for ideals collectively. Thus, painting a political Party with one brush, to some extent, is fair.

A Democrat may work two jobs, but if you asked that person what they think about welfare, most would say that they believe in it.

If you asked a Democrat who receives welfare about higher taxes, they would likely think that higher taxes are a good thing.

If you asked a Republican voting person on welfare about excessive government spending, he or she might think that gross spending is a bad idea.

It comes down to philosophy. Sure, not everyone's needs can be met by either party completely. And not all stereotypes are fair.

There are differences in what the Republican and Democratic parties stand for.

You are right JamesAbilene, there is too much BS being flung around, and it is not all one sided.

When it comes right down to it, when is the last time you saw anyone reach across the aisle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 08:15 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Someone in another thread made a negative comment about Conservative Talk Radio programs, and I had to start a new thread for all of my fellow conservative talk radio listeners to address the issue.

Do you agree with me that if anyone reads the newspaper and watches the news and believes that crap, then he or she is seriously misled?

The newspapers and media are very liberal and talk radio balances out those issues for people intelligent enough to listen to another viewpoint. What do you all think?
I think you don't read many newspapers and only have one channel on your radio.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,390,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think you don't read many newspapers and only have one channel on your radio.
Hummmmmmmmmm..well I have other channels to listen to here in CA KTI 590 KabC 790 KWAVE FM 107.9, Three conservative channels I can listen to here in t he LA/So CALIF area.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Hummmmmmmmmm..well I have other channels to listen to here in CA KTI 590 KabC 790 KWAVE FM 107.9, Three conservative channels I can listen to here in t he LA/So CALIF area.
That's my point...you listen to one channel...conservative.

There ARE liberal talk shows and there are conservative newspapers....if you explored beyond your self imposed boundaries you'd find them.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Default The Newspapers and Media are for Liberals and Talk Radio is for Conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah. Comedy Central is a much better news source......
Newspapers, TV and radio are all forms of media. Brainwashed much?

Although, yes, naturally, talk radio does work best on reactionaries (what you call "conservatives"), always has, in every country.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,390,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's my point...you listen to one channel...conservative.

There ARE liberal talk shows and there are conservative newspapers....if you explored beyond your self imposed boundaries you'd find them.
Your post was implying to me that I don't have a choice, and to a certain degree I get your point, but liberal talk shows for some reason always fail. I wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections