U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:31 PM

4,831 posts, read 6,178,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Next time some one says blame the democrats send them here.
FactCheck.org: Who Caused the Economic Crisis?
These reasons are too logical for partisan hacks in both parties. How dare you post such information. What are we supposed to do with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What Mr. Bush actually said in his speech was this:

"This means they will purchase more loans made by banks after Americans, Hispanics and other minorities, which will encourage homeownership. Freddie Mac will launch 25 initiatives to eliminate homeownership barriers. Under one of these, consumers with poor credit will be able to get a mortgage with an interest rate that automatically goes down after a period of consistent payments. (Applause.)"

In other words, if they are not qualified, we are going to lower the standards until they ARE qualified.

Kind of like making everything legal to do away with crime.
And when Republicans said things were going awry with Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac Barney said what? I guess this just points back to Barney and the Democrats?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,675,284 times
If they get in trouble Franki said we can just bail them out-true words. Afterall it was the democrats who failed to act when controlling the congress for over two years.Seen thejm do anything yet about the moratage crisis? Sounds like he said the moratgage rate will be higher at first because oft eh poor crdit but go down once they have rpooven they can keepup the payment. Would have saved alot of those in those adjustable rates of they had gone down and not up;IMO.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,230,061 times
The Democrats had a slight numerical majority but insufficient votes to stop the constant Republican filibusters that blocked any possibility of Democratic reforms. The Democrats did not effectively have "control" over the house so claiming they did is simply a lie.

Now that the Democrats do have effective control over the House, the Senate and the administration I expect to see some meaningful reform being done by our government. I also expect the Democratic majorities to increase after the next election.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM

2,532 posts, read 4,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Democrats had a slight numerical majority but insufficient votes to stop the constant Republican filibusters that blocked any possibility of Democratic reforms. The Democrats did not effectively have "control" over the house so claiming they did is simply a lie.

Now that the Democrats do have effective control over the House, the Senate and the administration I expect to see some meaningful reform being done by our government. I also expect the Democratic majorities to increase after the next election.
Right. No excuses now for he Democrats.
Are you willing to bet on the Democrat majorities increasing in 2010?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I expect to see some meaningful reform being done by our government.

Now that is funny since they have brought in Wall Streeters, tax cheats, etc.. The only reform we ever see in DC is that the party in power becomes the party of corruption, waste, and ineptness. The Democrats are making great progress already.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,486,370 times

Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,540,933 times
Well I do remember Bush taking credit for putting more black Americans in homes. However, if the die hard liberals can not see that this problem was a creation of the democratic party, then we will never learn from these things. 1992 this program was launched to correct what was perceived as discrimination against minority home buyers. It was to help push people who could ill afford a home into one. Just another "feel good" program gone haywire. Now we all pay.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:30 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,193,878 times
I don't blame either party. I blame the idiots that thought they could afford to buy a house when they couldn't.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:50 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,230,061 times
I blame the idiots that loaned money to people that could not afford to pay them back. Wait a minute. The people that made the loans were not the people that were going to collect. The people that bought the valueless paper were the idiots. In any case there were a lot of idiots involved along with a few geniuses that stole all the money and ran before the scheme collapsed. Is this not the way capitalism is supposed to work? Set up a well disguised Ponzi Scheme and milk almost everyone involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or