U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:28 PM

1,650 posts, read 970,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Let me help you out..
DID THE BILL BECOME LAW?

And... the leaders of each committee was/when the bill was held up...

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.)

Did you see that big D next to the name? That doesnt stand for Dumb..
Are you talking about the 109th congress of 2006?

Members :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives : (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/members.asp?cong=17 - broken link)

Or the 108th congress of 2005?

Members :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives : (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/members.asp?cong=16 - broken link)

Either way sorry just lost your green card. Back to Mexico for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Like I said before, you are continuing to argue a moot point. The only thing that matters at this point is how the heck is the current administration going to turn this around because Obama's administration is in control everything, and that...cannot be argued.
What are you saying there TG? That we should not know how we got to where we are now. That we should just continue to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. The Mistakes made by Bush seem reminiscent of the mistakes made by Reagan. Do we just stay ignorant and repeat again in another 25 years. No I say we learn from this and the next time we stop it before it starts.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:05 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,226,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Are you talking about the 109th congress of 2006?

Members :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives : (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/members.asp?cong=17 - broken link)

Or the 108th congress of 2005?

Members :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives : (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/members.asp?cong=16 - broken link)

Either way sorry just lost your green card. Back to Mexico for you.

You don't seem to be able to grasp simple concepts. Bush tried albeit unsuccessful to reform the giants. It is all but public knowledge who was opposing him.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,702,260 times
Quote:
No I say we learn from this and the next time we stop it before it starts.
Do you plan to start with the current administration or continue to blame past one's and which do you think will help the most?

Old 03-08-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
You don't seem to be able to grasp simple concepts. Bush tried albeit unsuccessful to reform the giants. It is all but public knowledge who was opposing him.
You don't seem to be able to grasp reality, it was no fix it was a power grab.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Do you plan to start with the current administration or continue to blame past one's and which do you think will help the most?
Personally I can multi task. Is it your intention to white wash the last 8 years so we can repeat them.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:33 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,702,260 times
Quote:
Personally I can multi task. Is it your intention to white wash the last 8 years so we can repeat them.
I like to live in the present, Bush is retired, Obama is in control now. If you think there is a lot to be gleaned from the Bush administration then perhaps you should pass it along to the current administration, that is at least in a position to do something that Bush no longer can.

I think you realize that Obama and his administration are failing so far, and are trying to deflect this onto an administration no longer in power.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:48 PM

5,763 posts, read 4,347,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
During the past 8 years, the Republicans allowed the economy to be built on top of a "house of cards", by not regulating banks, and keeping interest rates too low for too long.

Now that their economic "house of cards" has collapsed, they are looking for everyone else to blame EXCEPT THEMSELVES!

Republicans couldn't wait for Obama to take office, so they could start shifting the blame onto him, and ease their own conscience, for creating this MASSIVE GLOBAL ECONOMIC CHAOS.

Obama fully understood the present situation when he took office, and he has repeatedly said since day one, that the economy would continue to get worse before it gets better.

However, Republicans can't seem to grasp this simple little concept.

Instead, they just cover their ears every time they hear it, and continue to put the blame on Obama.

Hey Republicans .... are still wondering why you lost BIG TIME last Novemeber?

It's because most of America no longer wants to listen to your ideas.

You had your chance for EIGHT LONG YEARS .... and you failed miserably!

Obama is now left cleaning up the mess YOU LEFT BEHIND !!!

RD5050 has summed up the situation quite well. So, when is a thread dead? If a poster is proven to be wrong but continues to post the same stale talking points, is it incumbent upon the other posters to continue? Because it isn't a discussion when an OP is more concerned with keeping their biases on the board than in engaging in a true debate. Is there a euthanasia option here?

Old 03-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I like to live in the present, Bush is retired, Obama is in control now. If you think there is a lot to be gleaned from the Bush administration then perhaps you should pass it along to the current administration, that is at least in a position to do something that Bush no longer can.

I think you realize that Obama and his administration are failing so far, and are trying to deflect this onto an administration no longer in power.
Well now TG I can see where Bush has thoroughly embarrassed you and your ilk. If you no longer want to look at his shortcomings that got us to this point I understand. You just go start a thread saying how can we all help Obama, I'll be right there with you pal. In the mean time you don't mind if the rest of us look at how we got here do you?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:01 PM

4,861 posts, read 6,068,741 times
I did notice TG didn't tell anyone posting fanny and freddy to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or