Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:37 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
AWwww, didn't you get everything a politician promised you instantaeously??? Gosh, the ADULTS knew they wouldn't get everything on Santa's list..........need that instant gratification or you pout?

First, he's only been in office a short time and very busy unlike bush who was on vacation more than any other president.

Second, he has obstructionist, anti-partisan Republicns to deal with, they make any good promise impossible to keep because they hate America so much they WANT Obama to fail.
yes but Obama is suppose to be change we can believe in.

its funny how that means so little now. But all we heard was Obama is change you can believe in. Doesnt appear you can believe in his change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Obama has not broken any promises that I know about.

He is still working to return the control of this country to our legally elected leaders from the self appointed financial masters of the universe that destroyed our economy. That is good enough for me.
Really he hasnt broken any to you? Would you admit it if he did? I have to ask that because Obama has broken promises and it seems you just dont wish to admit it

Old 03-13-2009, 10:51 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

its funny how that means so little now. But all we heard was Obama is change you can believe in. Doesnt appear you can believe in his change
This post doesn't even make any sense.

How exactly do you think that Obama could have accomplished EVERYTHING in 50 days?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
This post doesn't even make any sense.

How exactly do you think that Obama could have accomplished EVERYTHING in 50 days?
Sorry while I giggle.

No one is saying he is going to get every one of his promises done in 52 days. But to think he cant break a promise in 52 days is living in denial and under a rock for the past 52 days. Obama has already broken promises that he made. Guess to you he is going to once again change his mind and fire those lobbyist he promised wouldnt be working in his white house. Maybe he will try and erase his signature from that spending bill he signed that has earmarks in them and keep that promise.

Maybe he'll go back and remove the laws he signed that he didnt post on the internet for 5 days for us all to see before he signs it.

I mean really to think a man cant break a promise in 52 days

Maybe he can tell the democrats to add that promise of 3,000 to business that hire a new employee what better time to have that then now?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:51 AM

707 posts, read 1,022,295 times
Quote:
Sorry while I giggle.

No one is saying he is going to get every one of his promises done in 52 days. But to think he cant break a promise in 52 days is living in denial and under a rock for the past 52 days. Obama has already broken promises that he made. Guess to you he is going to once again change his mind and fire those lobbyist he promised wouldnt be working in his white house. Maybe he will try and erase his signature from that spending bill he signed that has earmarks in them and keep that promise.

Maybe he'll go back and remove the laws he signed that he didnt post on the internet for 5 days for us all to see before he signs it.

I mean really to think a man cant break a promise in 52 days

Maybe he can tell the democrats to add that promise of 3,000 to business that hire a new employee what better time to have that then now?
Let me post this for you again because of the 10 so called broken promises, i've only been able to validate 1 and that is the troop withdrawal.

1. his statement says "non emergency" I'm not sure if you've been watching but this is a heck of an emergency enough that every governor have accepted the money (may not have been all of it, but they took the money)
2. two months into 2009, I believe the focus has been from day one to get a package out there to help the economy and get folks back to work
3. New Job tax credit. Two months into the new year, 2009 tax year barely begun. Businesses will not file 2009 taxes until next year
4. again same as number 3, 2009 taxes will not be filed until next year
5. I can't chime in on this one. you may have me there. I'll probably get back to you. Its called need to do research.
6. I'm on the fence with this one, yay and nay. Although he could have sent both bills back and said no do over, considering 95% of the earmarks came from republicans, that bill would still be sitting on the floor.
7. i'm p'd about this one. Those trips should have been home years ago. So yes, this is a promise apparently he could not keep.
8. Kind of busy with the economy. To me that is more important right now.
9. Will get back to you on this one. Research needed
10. There has been transparency. Considering the warp speed this administration has been moving, how quickly can this information truly get out there. As far as the vetting process, there is an entire team in washington that is responsible for this. The president does not.

so i've touched upon most of your "unbroken" items, which many of them were not, one i will concede too and that is the troops, the others, i will get back to you on them.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:58 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
If you think he actually believes what he says or is a man who sticks by his word or beliefs, think again. Obama is a new breed politician, we'll be getting change alright.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Let me post this for you again because of the 10 so called broken promises, i've only been able to validate 1 and that is the troop withdrawal.

1. his statement says "non emergency" I'm not sure if you've been watching but this is a heck of an emergency enough that every governor have accepted the money (may not have been all of it, but they took the money)
2. two months into 2009, I believe the focus has been from day one to get a package out there to help the economy and get folks back to work
3. New Job tax credit. Two months into the new year, 2009 tax year barely begun. Businesses will not file 2009 taxes until next year
4. again same as number 3, 2009 taxes will not be filed until next year
5. I can't chime in on this one. you may have me there. I'll probably get back to you. Its called need to do research.
6. I'm on the fence with this one, yay and nay. Although he could have sent both bills back and said no do over, considering 95% of the earmarks came from republicans, that bill would still be sitting on the floor.
7. i'm p'd about this one. Those trips should have been home years ago. So yes, this is a promise apparently he could not keep.
8. Kind of busy with the economy. To me that is more important right now.
9. Will get back to you on this one. Research needed
10. There has been transparency. Considering the warp speed this administration has been moving, how quickly can this information truly get out there. As far as the vetting process, there is an entire team in washington that is responsible for this. The president does not.

so i've touched upon most of your "unbroken" items, which many of them were not, one i will concede too and that is the troops, the others, i will get back to you on them.
1-He hasnt put all non emergency bills online. Also if this stimulus bill was such an emergency and couldnt have been put online for 5 days before he signed it why did he wait 4 days to sign it.

2-Obamas focus hasnt been on one clear thing he is all over the place holding a press conference almost daily to talk about something different each day

3-Obama could have put and wanted that 3,000 tax credit in and Pelosi and democrats told him no. So lets not make excuses as to why that could NOT have been put into the stimulus bill.
4-Pointless to talk about has nothing to do with his promise.
5-95% of the earmarks did NOT come from republicans. Sadly it was 40% of them came from Republicans and republicans tried to introduce a bill to remove the earmarks and it was shot down. Who has majority. Who forced Obama to sign that bill? NO ONE

The president isnt responsible for who he offers a position in his white house? I hope that isnt what you are saying that Obama is letting others tell him who is should hire.

So yes many of his promises are broken you are just attempting to make some excuse as to why they werent broken when clearly they were

Lets also ignore how he said no lobbyist in his white house but there is lobbyist in his white house but there is an excuse for them he signed a waiver.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:50 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,295 times
Quote:
1-He hasnt put all non emergency bills online. Also if this stimulus bill was such an emergency and couldnt have been put online for 5 days before he signed it why did he wait 4 days to sign it.

- list one bill that he has signed that was a non emergency. Every bill signed has had a direct impact to the economy. List one, i might agree.

2-Obamas focus hasnt been on one clear thing he is all over the place holding a press conference almost daily to talk about something different each day
- your right, it hasn't been on one thing considering everything has had direct impact to the economy. (oh yeah except stem cell so i will give you that one ...see how compromising i am)
3-Obama could have put and wanted that 3,000 tax credit in and Pelosi and democrats told him no. So lets not make excuses as to why that could NOT have been put into the stimulus bill.
- i said i will get back to this one.. again might agree with you never know
4-Pointless to talk about has nothing to do with his promise.
5-95% of the earmarks did NOT come from republicans. Sadly it was 40% of them came from Republicans and republicans tried to introduce a bill to remove the earmarks and it was shot down. Who has majority. Who forced Obama to sign that bill? NO ONE
- YOur math is very fuzzy, 28 Senators had earmarks included 25 of them republicans. He could have, but thank goodness for now it was not, that bill would still be sitting on the senate floor. I know everyone is waiting for a filabuster.

The president isnt responsible for who he offers a position in his white house? I hope that isnt what you are saying that Obama is letting others tell him who is should hire.
So yes many of his promises are broken you are just attempting to make some excuse as to why they werent broken when clearly they were

- Are you aware of how someone is nominated? Maybe a little more research is required on this matter. The problem i will admit is that the president is trying to hard to put information out there, maybe he should wait until the vetting processing is completed before announcing his nominees

so no many of his promises are not broken. you said yourself he hasn't stuck with one thing. How can he work on one issue to completion before moving onto the next when things are as bad...

Lets also ignore how he said no lobbyist in his white house but there is lobbyist in his white house but there is an excuse for them he signed a waiver.
- Not ignoring at all again, i will get back to you on this one. might be surprised by the response.

Stop looking for failure instead of viable solutions. If these so called politicians that we voted into office could act like adults instead of children and do the job that they are paid, we wouldn't be having these type of discussions.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:

Small request....when you post could you actually say something.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:48 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
WND has put togeather a list of 10 broken promises by Obama. Can anyone explain why? Did he just promise anything and everything in order to get elected with no intention of keeping them. Is it something else? What do you think?

This thread is not about Bush so please keep him out of it. Remember Dems...you won, so it is time to deal with what you won and the consequences.

I am a dem, but voted for McCain
Obama said and did anything to get elected, I for one am not surprised he has broken so many promises, but he is more of a hack I thought he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections