Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,408,850 times

Advertisements

Haha I love how this thread was immediately pwned. Well done newtoli.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,177,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Interestingly enough, Congress' approval is skyrocketing.
Posting congress' numbers, and past numbers, While brushing off one of the most respected pollsters in the industry, merely shows the typical reaction of Dems to bad news. It is just an attempt to deflect from Obama's plummeting numbers due to his lies, broken promises and bumbling meetings with world leaders.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,600,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Posting congress' numbers, and past numbers, While brushing off one of the most respected pollsters in the industry, merely shows the typical reaction of Dems to bad news. It is just an attempt to deflect from Obama's plummeting numbers due to his lies, broken promises and bumbling meetings with world leaders.
No, it's looking at facts and historical statistics vs. opinion.

I prefer to form my own opinions based on facts rather than hyperbole. You would rather take what others tell you as fact without looking at historical data.

Looking at historical statistics, Obama is following the exact same trend each President before him did... do you not agree?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
No, it's looking at facts and historical statistics vs. opinion.

I prefer to form my own opinions based on facts rather than hyperbole. You would rather take what others tell you as fact without looking at historical data.

Looking at historical stats, Obama is following the exact same trend each President before him did... do you not agree?
Yes I do, meaning he is headed exactly where Bush ended up and that is the point.

Did you or anyone know about this and what do you think?
Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain

Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Yes I do, meaning he is headed exactly where Bush ended up and that is the point.

Did you or anyone know about this and what do you think?
Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain
Or you could say he is headed exactly where Clinton ended up... but you chose Bush because you prefer to see the glass as half full.

While they all end differently due to different effects on their Presidencies, the historical trend remains the same for the start.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Or you could say he is headed exactly where Clinton ended up... but you chose Bush because you prefer to see the glass as half full.

While they all end differently due to different effects on their Presidencies, the historical trend remains the same for the start.
I was no Clinton supporter but it is easy to see that Obama is no Clinton so why would I try to compare them.

What about the article I posted to you, what do you have to say about it?

Old 03-13-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I was no Clinton supporter but it is easy to see that Obama is no Clinton so why would I try to compare them.

What about the article I posted to you, what do you have to say about it?
And Obama is no Bush either. Statistics, however, are telling. Every single President experienced the exact same uptick, then downtick. So Obama's approval ratings show the same trend and are not abnormal. I know you don't want to believe it, but numbers don't lie.

That really has nothing to do with this thread. Do you think it's big news? The British are going to present Obama with a replacement for his administration. I sure wouldn't want to keep something presented to Bush either.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
And Obama is no Bush either. Statistics, however, are telling. Every single President experienced the exact same uptick, then downtick. So Obama's approval ratings show the same trend and are not abnormal. I know you don't want to believe it, but numbers don't lie.

That really has nothing to do with this thread. Do you think it's big news? The British are going to present Obama with a replacement for his administration. I sure wouldn't want to keep something presented to Bush either.
You are right again, Obama is no Bush, he may very well end up being the worst POTUS ever. He certainly has a good start at it.

It does because it shows even more how big of a screw up he is and the more he screws up the more his numbers will drop.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:15 PM

442 posts, read 787,973 times
The truth hurts.

Deal with it, libs.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
You are right again, Obama is no Bush, he may very well end up being the worst POTUS ever. He certainly has a good start at it.

It does because it shows even more how big of a screw up he is and the more he screws up the more his numbers will drop.
Ah, but here you bring emotion vs. fact.

Again, he has the same starting trend statistically as every other President since data has been tracked. No different from any President in the past, yet some people try to make it out to be.

Not really, lets say you start a new job. The old employees stuff still decorates the walls. Are you going to leave his stuff there or make that office your own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections