Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 AM

707 posts, read 1,022,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Are there any Obama apostles (strong supporters) reading this? If you are, what do you have to say about it?

I read every word and until i hear the President come straight out and say "yes" there weret talks, yes i'm trying to put this in place. That hasn't happened. Unlike you and others, i'm not going to create excuses, assumptions or reword articles to make my point valid. The CNN article was dated March 10th, until the yahoo blog there has been nothing else on this entire story. Without the yahoo link attached on another post, i would not have found it on yahoo.
Why hasn't there been an update on CNN, MSNBC or any of the other news websites?

Again, i will hold my response until i hear that he is in deed pushing this. For his sake as well as the veterans, i just hope that it was a passing discussion that was quickly squashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
I read every word and until i hear the President come straight out and say "yes" there weret talks, yes i'm trying to put this in place. That hasn't happened. Unlike you and others, i'm not going to create excuses, assumptions or reword articles to make my point valid. The CNN article was dated March 10th, until the yahoo blog there has been nothing else on this entire story. Without the yahoo link attached on another post, i would not have found it on yahoo.
Why hasn't there been an update on CNN, MSNBC or any of the other news websites?

Again, i will hold my response until i hear that he is in deed pushing this. For his sake as well as the veterans, i just hope that it was a passing discussion that was quickly squashed.
Contact: Craig Roberts of The American Legion, +1-202-263-2982 Office, +1-202-406-0887 Cell

More on the story here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20090316/pl_usnw/the_american_legion_strongly_opposed_to_president_ s_plan_to_charge_wounded_heroes_for_treatment - broken link).

Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM

Obama Cuts Weapons

The Russians and the Chinese have just both announced military buildups, and the Iranian nuclear threat was described as, "real" -- "dangerous."

Venezuela (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/cuba/story/950627.html - broken link) offered an island off its Caribbean coast as a support base for strategic Russian bombers. Cuba (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/cuba/story/950627.html - broken link) could be used to base Russian aircraft, too. North Korea threatened war.

Osama bin Laden called for a renewed jihad.

What did Obama do?

He ordered the Secretary of Defense to prepare for the most far-reaching reduction in the Pentagon's weapons portfolio since the end of the Cold War, according to aides.

Two defense officials who were not authorized to speak publicly said Robert M. Gates will announce up to a half-dozen major weapons cancellations later this month. Candidates include a new Navy destroyer, the Air Force's F-22 fighter jet, and Army ground-combat vehicles, the officials said.

More cuts are planned for later this year, after a review that could lead to reductions in programs such as aircraft carriers and nuclear arms, the officials said.

He's only doing what he promised he'd do (
video). Sometimes, about some things, you can take this guy's word to the bank.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:08 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Great post, truegritt.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
If "that guy" is stupid enough to pursue this it will be a boon to the GOP.

If he thinks he can get away with it he is sadly mistaken.
Then I hope he tries like hell to pass it...and it fails to pass! People need to understand what an idiot we have occupying the White House as an usurper.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:39 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post

I guess that means the only way you'll really believe this is if he whispers it in your ear!

Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 PM

This is what Obama had to say before the election. Notice anything different?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:43 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
TRUGRITT my brother is a VET and he has not heard about any of the medical cost proposals you speak of. I will label you as a rumormonger until I hear it from his mouth.
Why would President Obama do something like this when he promised to help the Vets in anyway he can? Or is this just pure hatred on your part? I gather the latter. Obama isn't going to hurt our Vets or the Military unlike that scumbag Rumsfeld.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
TRUGRITT my brother is a VET and he has not heard about any of the medical cost proposals you speak of. I will label you as a rumormonger until I hear it from his mouth.
Why would President Obama do something like this when he promised to help the Vets in anyway he can? Or is this just pure hatred on your part? I gather the latter. Obama isn't going to hurt our Vets or the Military unlike that scumbag Rumsfeld.
Label me anything you like, but at least read the entire thread and a couple of the articles. I have posted phone numbers if you would like to confirm the information. Your brother would have heard about it if he read the same things I have. If you do not want to make the call, have him do it.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
MiamiRob, proudmama, you should check out The American Legions homepage:

The American Legion (http://www.legion.org/homepage.php - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections