Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here is the sum total of what I have said on this thread:

Here is what some of the Repubs have said:

Just who are you accusing of what? I have acutally said very little about Bush on this forum, ever, and very little about other Republicans unless the thread is about a Repub such as Sarah Palin. Go do a search if you don't believe me, and watch who you accuse the next time.
If the shoe fits, wear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As the father of an Autistic child I would expect better from our President. His stocks went down a few notches in my eyes over this. But what amazes me is how some call it a slip of tongue. Or he didn't mean anything by it. Yes he did. He meant that he bowls like someone who competes in special Olympics. He meant that its funny watching them engage in sports just like it is funny to watch him Bowl. In other words he sucks at it just like they do. It is without doubt something your average ignorant piece of dirt might say.
I have said countless times. He is our president and I will support him until he proves himself unworthy. He has moved in that direction. It wasn't a harmless jest to those with disabilities. He holds the highest office in the land and as such should be held equally accountable as the stature of the office.
What of the higher functioning special needs people? I guess we don't care about their feelings in this.

Yes, he figured he could make fun of the most defenseless group.

I think this is the problem of a celebrity star president. He thinks he's in the White House to entertain us.

I could do with a president that didn't feel the need to do comedy shows.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama was making fun of HIMSELF !!! Nothing more!

Some people need to get a "sense of humor".
...and the US needs to get a real president... but it looks like that will take four years, if the country survives that long...

Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Is the topic about Palin or Obama. Start a thread about Bush if you would like. Redirecting to avoid the topic won't change that Obama has shown a part of his true character.
Bush since you brought him up spent more in one year on Autism research than did clinton in 8.
And according to your link itt was a senior person who made the statement. It didn't actually name the person.
In this case Obama made the statement on national TV.
But I say again this topic is about Mr Obama and what he said. Not about past presidents. This is someone who claims to care about the little guy. None need our compassion and our help more than special needs people. His words in a most profound way illuminated what lurks behind his eyes.
He could have said I bowl like retards. It would have said the same thing.
Defend him if you like. I hope you never have a special needs child. Oh and for those who say I know someone with a special needs child or my cousin has a special needs child, get real you have no clue. Only the parent of the special needs child understands the hurt. Those who work in the field have a clue.
I think special needs children are as important as homeless people, Iraq vets who left limbs in Iraq, who also left other body parts and their eyesight in Iraq.

Let me be very blunt. There are many people in this world who were not born perfect and I don't consider special needs children to be any higher on the list of people who need our (collective) help than mentally ill adults, retarded adults, adults who have suffered horrendous injuries in wars, on and on.

I pointed out the link about Bush cutting funding SPECIFICALLY for the special olympics because I think ACTIONS speak much, much louder than any words spoken on a TV comedy show. I do not believe for ONE MINUTE that Barack Obama lacks concern and compassion for special needs children. I think you people are making a mountain out of a molehill. Get a grip! You seem to try to USE ANYTHING AT ALL to attack Obama.

WHERE were YOU when Bush axed the money for the special olympics? What did you do when that happened? It was MONEY which was needed for the special olympics. Again, ACTIONS. When you see Obama taking negative ACTIONS which affect special needs children, then speak up.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, he figured he could make fun of the most defenseless group.

I think this is the problem of a celebrity star president. He thinks he's in the White House to entertain us.

I could do with a president that didn't feel the need to do comedy shows.
What a load of manure.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:03 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Again, ACTIONS. When you see Obama taking negative ACTIONS which affect special needs children, then speak up.
By the above reasoning, one could make an analogy that:

No one should have said anything about the Imus "nappy" gaffe unless he made a threatening action of bodily harm toward the girls on the basketball team???

Old 03-22-2009, 12:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
I think special needs children are as important as homeless people, Iraq vets who left limbs in Iraq, who also left other body parts and their eyesight in Iraq.

Let me be very blunt. There are many people in this world who were not born perfect and I don't consider special needs children to be any higher on the list of people who need our (collective) help than mentally ill adults, retarded adults, adults who have suffered horrendous injuries in wars, on and on.

I pointed out the link about Bush cutting funding SPECIFICALLY for the special olympics because I think ACTIONS speak much, much louder than any words spoken on a TV comedy show. I do not believe for ONE MINUTE that Barack Obama lacks concern and compassion for special needs children. I think you people are making a mountain out of a molehill. Get a grip! You seem to try to USE ANYTHING AT ALL to attack Obama.

WHERE were YOU when Bush axed the money for the special olympics? What did you do when that happened? It was MONEY which was needed for the special olympics. Again, ACTIONS. When you see Obama taking negative ACTIONS which affect special needs children, then speak up.
Some of you people are like children when they get got doing something wrong. They point fingers at anyone who is also doing wrong to redirect the anger.
What was in the Bill Bush vetoed? I am quite certain the bill was not just for special olympics. Blame the idiots who included funding for the special olympics in that bill.
Who said that I am or was a Bush supporter? Never was. I am saying that he did more in 1 year for autism than clinton did in 8.
As for the vets. I am a vet who was injured in battle. Preach to another choir. Speaking of vets. Obama has also made some statements about those who serve and they were not at all flattering. Its kind of hypocritical to include vets in an argument to support Obama.
Homeless adults? Some are disabled and some are victims of their own actions. Drug and alcohol abuse. Sorry I don't rank those as high as special needs people. People born with disabilities.
I ask again what was attached to said bill? Was it a high way to nowhere project? Funding for bear DNA research? A $400,000.00 walking park in a town of 300?
I am for vetoing such pork.
But I digress. This thread is about what Obama said on the leno show. Not Bush or anyone else.
He said what he said. Its not hear say like the link you provided. Its fact.
In this case Obama's words are his actions. They speak loud and clear.
He says he bowls like a retard.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
By the above reasoning, one could make an analogy that:

No one should have said anything about the Imus "nappy" gaffe unless he made a threatening action of bodily harm toward the girls on the basketball team???
That's ridiculous. Imus had/has no control over how our government money is spent. You missed the mark by about a thousand miles with that analysis.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Some of you people are like children when they get got doing something wrong. They point fingers at anyone who is also doing wrong to redirect the anger.
What was in the Bill Bush vetoed? I am quite certain the bill was not just for special olympics. Blame the idiots who included funding for the special olympics in that bill.
Who said that I am or was a Bush supporter? Never was. I am saying that he did more in 1 year for autism than clinton did in 8.
As for the vets. I am a vet who was injured in battle. Preach to another choir. Speaking of vets. Obama has also made some statements about those who serve and they were not at all flattering. Its kind of hypocritical to include vets in an argument to support Obama.
Homeless adults? Some are disabled and some are victims of their own actions. Drug and alcohol abuse. Sorry I don't rank those as high as special needs people. People born with disabilities.
I ask again what was attached to said bill? Was it a high way to nowhere project? Funding for bear DNA research? A $400,000.00 walking park in a town of 300?
I am for vetoing such pork.
But I digress. This thread is about what Obama said on the leno show. Not Bush or anyone else.
He said what he said. Its not hear say like the link you provided. Its fact.
In this case Obama's words are his actions. They speak loud and clear.
He says he bowls like a retard.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Obama makes a gaffe on Leno, and OMG the world is coming to an end, Obama is heartless and hates special needs children.

Why am I not surprised that you THINK you know about people who are homeless and they many deserve to be homeless??

Because you have such enormous concern for people with special needs, did you know that until just a couple years ago, that states executed RETARDED people who were on death row??? Did you throw a fit about that.

So you're a wounded vet. Can you walk? Can you talk? Can you see? can you work at a job? Are you stuck in Walter Reed with all the rats running around? And exactly what statements did Obama make "about those who serve" that were "not exactly flattering"???

You know what? I bowl like a retard too!! And I've worked with the retarded, and I know that they would laugh about that. Maybe those people are FAR, FAR WISER than you are, and maybe they could have a better chance at happiness than you because many I've met have a great sense of HUMOR.

IMO, people use their special needs children as justification to bash Obama.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Obama makes a gaffe on Leno, and OMG the world is coming to an end, Obama is heartless and hates special needs children.

Why am I not surprised that you THINK you know about people who are homeless and they many deserve to be homeless??

Because you have such enormous concern for people with special needs, did you know that until just a couple years ago, that states executed RETARDED people who were on death row??? Did you throw a fit about that.

So you're a wounded vet. Can you walk? Can you talk? Can you see? can you work at a job? Are you stuck in Walter Reed with all the rats running around? And exactly what statements did Obama make "about those who serve" that were "not exactly flattering"???

You know what? I bowl like a retard too!! And I've worked with the retarded, and I know that they would laugh about that. Maybe those people are FAR, FAR WISER than you are, and maybe they could have a better chance at happiness than you because many I've met have a great sense of HUMOR.

IMO, people use their special needs children as justification to bash Obama.
Are you a vet? Have you bled for for this country? If not you are unqualified to even question someone who has. In short you didn't earn it.
As for the homeless. Do you deny that a % are where they are due to their own bad decision making somewhere in their life? The decision to do drugs? The decision to make alcohol a priority? Yes many are there due to no choice of their own. Sometimes bad things happen even to good people. Yes we should do more to help them. None of which has anything to do with what Obama said.
A gaff as you call it? From our president and only one of many. It amazes me to what level some can turn a blind eye. Yes I work with special needs people. I volunteer a good amount of my time with the URS, ARC, SAFE and yes with special Olympics.
I said it many times. Obama is our president. I will support him until he proves himself unworthy. He has made a step in that direction.
The death penalty? What does that have to do with what Obama said?
Please stick to the topic at hand.
The discussion is about what Obama said. Start a new thread if you want to bash on Bush, the death penalty, or the needs of homeless people.
Redirecting is an age old attempt to get out of answering up for the original wrong.
Why did you break that window?
Well I saw Joe shop lifting...
You answer in the same manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections