Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 09:15 PM

403 posts, read 1,575,880 times

Advertisements

wanted McCain to win but are glad that Obama won or

you wanted Obama to win but now wish that McCain had been elected?

I supported McCain, but now I'm glad that Obama is our president now. I think our country would be much worse right now if Obama hadn't been elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 09:42 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,307,158 times
I supported Barr, but thought McCain would have been much better for the country than Obama. From what I have seen so far, I was 100% right.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post

I supported McCain, but now I'm glad that Obama is our president now. I think our country would be much worse right now if Obama hadn't been elected.
I don't see why you feel this way. Obama's 10 year budget proposal, according to the CBO, will add $ 9.3 Trillion to our debt. McCain would never support that kind of spending and has already voted against SCHIP expansion, the stimulus package and the Omnibus bill. McCain is mediocre at best, but he is much better than Obama. Obama is turning out to be a bigger disaster than I predicted and I was not at all impressed with him to begin with.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,372,785 times
Supported a Republican for only my second time in my "voting for president" history which began in 1972. In a few years, maybe less, I believe most of the country will come to the realization that voting for Obama was a huge mistake.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,426,048 times
I thought McCain would be about the same as Obama, they are both big corporation globalists and both support raising the debt to new heights.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:53 PM

500 posts, read 700,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post

Can you expand more as to why you are glad, and why McCain would be much worse. As the way it is now, we still have lobbyist, earmarks, the two wars, bombing and killing innocents Afghans villages, biggest spending in human history, bonuses still being handed out, although Dodd said he didn't know LOL, you have Pelosi pretending to care about America telling illegals that it is unAmerican to enforce laws, which really means, we need your votes, tax crooks in his cabinet, letting Getmo detainees back in rotation, and dropping "enemy combatant".

Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,372,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Can you expand more as to why you are glad, and why McCain would be much worse. As the way it is now, we still have lobbyist, earmarks, the two wars, bombing and killing innocents Afghans villages, biggest spending in human history, bonuses still being handed out, although Dodd said he didn't know LOL, you have Pelosi pretending to care about America telling illegals that it is unAmerican to enforce laws, which really means, we need your votes, tax crooks in his cabinet, letting Getmo detainees back in rotation, and dropping "enemy combatant".
and that's just for starters!!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Supported a Republican for only my second time in my "voting for president" history which began in 1972. In a few years, maybe less, I believe most of the country will come to the realization that voting for Obama was a huge mistake.
I hope it doesn't take that long!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections