Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 04:11 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obviously you have not at all read the plan or this thread. The plan is to auction off banks debt and give profit to INVESTORS...

But keep posting blindly because you make all liberals appear uneducated..
Sorry - but you are dead wrong once again - as usual...

Read the NY Times article posted by the OP... and then hang your head in shame for having your facts upside down again...

Better be careful - your posts are really making right wing nutcases look smart by comparison...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 04:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post

Read the NY Times article posted by the OP... and then hang your head in shame for having your facts upside down again...

Better be careful - your posts are really making right wing nutcases look smart by comparison...
Oh my god,
1) The NY Time article posted by the OP? You mean YOU?
2) YOUR own link confirms that what I said is correct, IN THE VERY FIRST SENTENCE. Lets recap.

The Obama administration’s new plan to liberate the nation’s banks from a toxic stew of bad home loans and mortgage-related securities is bigger and more generous to private investors than expected, but it also puts taxpayers at great risk.

Can you read that.. GENEROUS TO INVESTORS AT TAXPAYERS RISK..

3) Have you read ANY of the other links in this thread from other economists that also confirm what I said..

Your in such a hurry to argue with me that you didnt once stop and read your own link.

You can now have the last word, I feel like I'm disputing facts with my 8 year old who keeps going.. but.. but.. and then confirms exactly what I said is the truth...

Old 04-02-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Oh my god,
1) The NY Time article posted by the OP? You mean YOU?
2) YOUR own link confirms that what I said is correct, IN THE VERY FIRST SENTENCE. Lets recap.

The Obama administration’s new plan to liberate the nation’s banks from a toxic stew of bad home loans and mortgage-related securities is bigger and more generous to private investors than expected, but it also puts taxpayers at great risk.

Can you read that.. GENEROUS TO INVESTORS AT TAXPAYERS RISK..

3) Have you read ANY of the other links in this thread from other economists that also confirm what I said..

Your in such a hurry to argue with me that you didnt once stop and read your own link.

You can now have the last word, I feel like I'm disputing facts with my 8 year old who keeps going.. but.. but.. and then confirms exactly what I said is the truth...
Gee - you only quote the parts of the article that you like - and conveniently ignore the rest...

Here's a direct quote from the NYT article:
"Taxpayers could profit from the interest paid by the public-private partnerships on the government loans — the interest rate has not yet been set — and if the troubled assets rise in value above the prices paid to acquire them."

Thank you - but I read my own link - and posted the above quote before... You are just so anxious to win a debate that you forgot to do some research and get your facts straight...

I feel guilty pointing out your errors - but maybe if you made fewer personal attacks against people on the forum - people might treat you better in return....

Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Gee - you only quote the parts of the article that you like - and conveniently ignore the rest...

Here's a direct quote from the NYT article:
"Taxpayers could profit from the interest paid by the public-private partnerships on the government loans — the interest rate has not yet been set — and if the troubled assets rise in value above the prices paid to acquire them."

Thank you - but I read my own link - and posted the above quote before... You are just so anxious to win a debate that you forgot to do some research and get your facts straight...

I feel guilty pointing out your errors - but maybe if you made fewer personal attacks against people on the forum - people might treat you better in return....
Ooooh stop

I NEVER said taxpayers COULD NOT profit I said INVESTORS will. Try again...

Old 04-04-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
The CBO has announced that the taxpayers will NOT profit from this plan..

U.S. Budget Deficit to Balloon, CBO Says - washingtonpost.com

Obama proposes to use a portion of the money to buy down troubled mortgages, a program that will provide no return to the taxpayer.

So now its official, you can stop claiming that it will be profitable for the taxpayers..

Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
It's not the governments job to create profit, so that should probably not be used as an argument for this strategy.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
.. And walidm isnt the only one to suggest such actions..
lol...you're funny.

Last edited by walidm; 04-04-2009 at 09:32 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 10:38 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This market could surprise to the upside if we get near-term data points that suggest things are not as horrific as some people suggest.
I agree - the market has definitely been confounding the self-proclaimed 'experts' - even Jim Kramer conceded the other day and said on national tv that this depression is over - and recovery is underway... Mad Money: The Depression Is Over - Mad Cap Recap - CNBC.com

Old 04-05-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:

So Mr Bob..
The Washington Post have officially reported that the taxpayers will not benefit

And that rich billionaires are the ones benefiting from the bailouts
Billionaire Buffett benefits from bailout he promoted - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/341/story/1756261.html?mi_rss=National%20Political%20News - broken link)

I'll be waiting for you to admit you were wrong and I was right on this because I've been saying this since day one....will it ever come or will you try to find another way to spin this

Old 04-05-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
So Mr Bob..
The Washington Post have officially reported that the taxpayers will not benefit

And that rich billionaires are the ones benefiting from the bailouts
Billionaire Buffett benefits from bailout he promoted - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/341/story/1756261.html?mi_rss=National%20Political%20News - broken link)

I'll be waiting for you to admit you were wrong and I was right on this because I've been saying this since day one....will it ever come or will you try to find another way to spin this
I'm quite convinced you are totally obsessed with Obama's failure - and will do anything, say anything, quote anything, spin anything to try to prove your point...

Your analysis of the 'cost per job' in this thread was completely biased, subjective, and absolutely positively wrong...

Why should I believe anything you say???

You've been consistently wrong to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections