Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,350,995 times

Advertisements

Does anyone really want to see Obama fail?
I don't think anyone is out to get Obama - it's Obama's policies that have people in an uproar.
No one wants to see the US economy fail.
Many people don't think Obama's plans are the best for our economy, especially in the long run.

Too be fair, Obama is just the talking head - unless we live in a dictatorship and no one has told me yet.
However, Obama, like Bush and every President before him, represents a portion of Feds or some group who is really calling the shots.
He is the Front Man so he gets the blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,845,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I'm quite convinced you are totally obsessed with Obama's failure - and will do anything, say anything, quote anything, spin anything to try to prove your point...

Your analysis of the 'cost per job' in this thread was completely biased, subjective, and absolutely positively wrong...

Why should I believe anything you say???

You've been consistently wrong to date.
I'm quite convinced you are totally wrong with my obsessions.. I also note how you have not responded to the "cost per job" because I have provided you with liberal news sources that also have backed me up.

Your zero for three, shall we list them
treasury plans will profit taxpayers... WRONG
bailouts wont help the rich.. WRONG
The cost per job, per you, could not be over $42,000 WRONG.

And I have provided you with news sources to confirm I am correct. I note you havent backed up your side with anything other than deflection, spin, and now a total avoidance of the question.

Please find SOMETHING, ANYTHING to backup what you say, forgive me for not taking your word for it but I've provided sources.. have you?

Old 04-05-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
And ultimately the credit when the market recovers from its natural cycle..

Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,350,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And ultimately the credit when the market recovers from its natural cycle..
True

Old 04-05-2009, 08:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Does anyone really want to see Obama fail?
I don't think anyone is out to get Obama - it's Obama's policies that have people in an uproar.
No one wants to see the US economy fail.
Many people don't think Obama's plans are the best for our economy, especially in the long run.

Too be fair, Obama is just the talking head - unless we live in a dictatorship and no one has told me yet.
However, Obama, like Bush and every President before him, represents a portion of Feds or some group who is really calling the shots.
Yes, that's what it is. It's not about Obama -- he's likeable enough.

I think both sides have to realize that each side wants what they think is best, both sides want something that works. It's that one side doesn't believe massive government spending to keep massive consumer spending and easy credit going, and more government programs is going to work.

What if the government could create a utopia where everyone enjoys a high standard of living, where there's no violence, no poverty, no despair? Of course everyone would want that, but the problem is that many people don't believe the government can create some utopia.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:39 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,573,229 times
Quote:
I'm quite convinced you are totally wrong with my obsessions.. I also note how you have not responded to the "cost per job" because I have provided you with liberal news sources that also have backed me up.

Your zero for three, shall we list them
treasury plans will profit taxpayers... WRONG
bailouts wont help the rich.. WRONG
The cost per job, per you, could not be over $42,000 WRONG.

And I have provided you with news sources to confirm I am correct. I note you havent backed up your side with anything other than deflection, spin, and now a total avoidance of the question.

Please find SOMETHING, ANYTHING to backup what you say, forgive me for not taking your word for it but I've provided sources.. have you?
The only thing you have proven is your arrogance - which knows no end..

Your calculation of the cost per job is absolutely laughable...

Given that you have spun that calculation into the stratosphere with inaccuracies and absolutely crazy assumptions - I'm not wasting my time trying to explain anything to you...

I concede nothing to you as far as debating points go. One cannot debate with someone whose mind is closed to reason...

As far as I'm concerned, you struck out long ago..

But thanks for the laughs!!!

Thanks also for keeping this thread going!!! With your help, maybe I can get up to one of the most read, most responded threads in the entire site!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
The only thing you have proven is your arrogance - which knows no end..

Your calculation of the cost per job is absolutely laughable...

Given that you have spun that calculation into the stratosphere with inaccuracies and absolutely crazy assumptions - I'm not wasting my time trying to explain anything to you...

I concede nothing to you as far as debating points go. One cannot debate with someone whose mind is closed to reason...

As far as I'm concerned, you struck out long ago..

But thanks for the laughs!!!

Thanks also for keeping this thread going!!! With your help, maybe I can get up to one of the most read, most responded threads in the entire site!!!
Still waiting for ONE source from you to dispute the sources I have listed, (including liberal ones). Just ONE..

Old 04-05-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Still waiting for ONE source from you to dispute the sources I have listed, (including liberal ones). Just ONE..
I've already shown that your calculation of cost-per-job was ludicrous...

But thanks for keeping the thread alive... I know this thread will go on forever - because you cannot admit you are wrong...

ROFLMAO!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I've already shown that your calculation of cost-per-job was ludicrous...

But thanks for keeping the thread alive... I know this thread will go on forever - because you cannot admit you are wrong...

ROFLMAO!!!
translation: I cant find a source, every news source I found shows the figures a lot higher than the conservative figure that pghquest posted so I cant list the link...

Again, find ONE source that says its lower than $42K per job.. just ONE.. Its not my fault you cant use a calculator and every other news source confirms the figures are correct

Old 04-05-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
translation: I cant find a source, every news source I found shows the figures a lot higher than the conservative figure that pghquest posted so I cant list the link...

Again, find ONE source that says its lower than $42K per job.. just ONE.. Its not my fault you cant use a calculator and every other news source confirms it..

Absolutely wrong again - so your track record is PERFECT!!!

I concede absolutely nothing to you - I just refuse to get into a distorted analysis with you - because in my opinion you don't know what you are talking about.

The correct translation is: I refuse to be pulled into a sucker's-bet debate with someone who can't even calculate the cost per job of the Stimulus Package...

By your own admission you used $1.5 Trillion/3.5 million to come up with your result of $42,000 per job...

I rest my case...

You may as well argue with me that the speed of light in a vacuum is 500,000,000 miles per second...

But I look at the bright side - 208 replies to this thread!!! YES!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections