U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
Reputation: 9363

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Again - you are an obnoxious arrogant poster - hmmm - not at all surprising... you seem to think that is the only way your pathetic arguements will be read...

People on this forum understand quarterly statements - thank you very much...

And Obama deserves credit...

Seems to me he got a truck load of criticism in February for actions that clearly started before he was sworn in - yet people like you never said 'boo'...

Yup - Obama deserves credit for the market and economy turning around - and the majority of Americans see it that way...

Go Obama!!!
If you cant sight real reasons for Obama to deserving credit, you come off looking like a troll...

but hey, Obamas still looks like the man even if you look like a troll...

p.s. I'm really upset at Obama gain, my stocks are up 7% today.. trust me.. I'm upset.. If Obama doesnt stop the market from going up.. I might have to go buy a new car.. yeah, that'll show him, he'll be pissed then.. boo hoo hoo

Please.. Try coming up with real facts so they can be debated.. Try if you can..

Last edited by pghquest; 04-17-2009 at 07:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2009, 09:15 PM
 
1,315 posts, read 1,446,471 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If you cant sight real reasons for Obama to deserving credit, you come off looking like a troll...

but hey, Obamas still looks like the man even if you look like a troll...

p.s. I'm really upset at Obama gain, my stocks are up 7% today.. trust me.. I'm upset.. If Obama doesnt stop the market from going up.. I might have to go buy a new car.. yeah, that'll show him, he'll be pissed then.. boo hoo hoo

Please.. Try coming up with real facts so they can be debated.. Try if you can..
You continue to be the ultimate hypocrit....

You always whine and cry about how others are calling you names - yet you do more of that yourself than most of the other posters in this forum combined...

Your idle boasting on this forum is absolutely meaningless - you could be making up every single bit of it - as I strongly believe you are...

Successful stock traders would not waste their time on CD, and surely would NOT be boasting online about their trades...

You're blowing smoke - and we all know it...

Keep up the amusing, entertaining fantasy posts however!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 09:40 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
You continue to be the ultimate hypocrit....

You always whine and cry about how others are calling you names - yet you do more of that yourself than most of the other posters in this forum combined...

Your idle boasting on this forum is absolutely meaningless - you could be making up every single bit of it - as I strongly believe you are...

Successful stock traders would not waste their time on CD, and surely would NOT be boasting online about their trades...

You're blowing smoke - and we all know it...

Keep up the amusing, entertaining fantasy posts however!!!
I own an internet company, do property investing, a computer consultant for a sports franchise company, and trade stocks as a hobby, jees, they all require using a computer and explains why I'm online more often than most. I note the lack of you disputing one fact I mentioned through the thread.. Thanks for responding though.. maybe next time you'll try to dispute facts, I see mrbob hasnt been able to either.

You do understand that it takes about 15-30 minutes a day maximum to trade stocks dont you?

p.s. Citibanks down today after quarterly reports, Obamas plan failed.. But hey.. he's a genius.. please..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 AM
 
Location: The Planet Mars
2,150 posts, read 2,310,383 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I own an internet company, do property investing, a computer consultant for a sports franchise company, and trade stocks as a hobby, jees, they all require using a computer and explains why I'm online more often than most. I note the lack of you disputing one fact I mentioned through the thread.. Thanks for responding though.. maybe next time you'll try to dispute facts, I see mrbob hasnt been able to either.

You do understand that it takes about 15-30 minutes a day maximum to trade stocks dont you?

p.s. Citibanks down today after quarterly reports, Obamas plan failed.. But hey.. he's a genius.. please..
All your claims are meaningless - anyone can say ANYTHING on the internet... and doesn't have to verify one single thing that they CLAIM they have accomplished...

Nice try...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
All your claims are meaningless - anyone can say ANYTHING on the internet... and doesn't have to verify one single thing that they CLAIM they have accomplished...

Nice try...
You have proved time and time again that you have not a darn clue over even basic math, and when you were proven wrong, you simply ignore the facts because you got your head up Obamas a... and turn your responses to "you must be lying".. Or "you just hate Obama", yeah, I get the point, your a typical Obama lover who cant stand to see facts to show how liberalism has failed the poor and the american public for 20+ years.

I've held stocks this month in Citibank, DNDN, look them up and tell me how they are doing, and then come back and dispute "the stock market".

The fact that you suffer from class envy isnt a problem of mine, perhaps there might be some medication for it. If there is, dont worry, I'm sure welfare covers it.

Last edited by pghquest; 04-18-2009 at 08:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 PM
 
1,315 posts, read 1,446,471 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You have proved time and time again that you have not a darn clue over even basic math, and when you were proven wrong, you simply ignore the facts because you got your head up Obamas a... and turn your responses to "you must be lying".. Or "you just hate Obama", yeah, I get the point, your a typical Obama lover who cant stand to see facts to show how liberalism has failed the poor and the american public for 20+ years.

I've held stocks this month in Citibank, DNDN, look them up and tell me how they are doing, and then come back and dispute "the stock market".

The fact that you suffer from class envy isnt a problem of mine, perhaps there might be some medication for it. If there is, dont worry, I'm sure welfare covers it.
Here you go again - being idly boastful without a shred of proof to backup your theoretical accomplishments - being arrogant... being condescending... being YOU....

In a prior post - you mentioned that no states have debt because they all have balanced budget ammendments - which is flat out 100% wrong...

Why on earth should anyone regard your postings as credible when you were so absolutely and completely wrong on a very basic economic fact??? You clearly confused 'state balanced budget ammendments' with state debt levels - and there is no direct relationship - anyone with an ounce of economic acumen already knows this...

Do you want me to post the link where you claimed this - and the return post where someone linked to a table of debt levels of all the states - and those debt levels are very significant??

Hmmmm???

Or will you just ignore this post, or change the subject, as you always do, when you are caught flat-footed blowing smoke and being absolutely wrong??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 09:07 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
In a prior post - you mentioned that no states have debt because they all have balanced budget ammendments - which is flat out 100% wrong...
Flat out lie.. I NEVER said states do not have debt, let me quote the EXACT thread Rick Perry (R-TX) champion of irony
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The creditors have recourse against the US Government, not individual states. States are only liable for the debts that their individual states have created.. Since many states are required by state constitutions to hold a balanced budget, most states have no debt..
Meaning, no liability for FEDERAL debt.. I misspoke at the end by not making "federal" debt what I meant, but I very clearly acknowledged that states have debts..

Last edited by pghquest; 04-18-2009 at 09:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,865,551 times
Reputation: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You have proved time and time again that you have not a darn clue over even basic math, and when you were proven wrong, you simply ignore the facts because you got your head up Obamas a... and turn your responses to "you must be lying".. Or "you just hate Obama", yeah, I get the point, your a typical Obama lover who cant stand to see facts to show how liberalism has failed the poor and the american public for 20+ years.

I've held stocks this month in Citibank, DNDN, look them up and tell me how they are doing, and then come back and dispute "the stock market".

The fact that you suffer from class envy isnt a problem of mine, perhaps there might be some medication for it. If there is, dont worry, I'm sure welfare covers it.
I'd have to question the authenticity of this constant "boasting" too?

Here you claim to be making around 20 - 25K a year, based on Obama making around 200 - 250K, as mentioned in an earlier post in that same thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Completely agree that they are under no obligation to pay charities, odd that they dont want us to have the same freedom to choose.. Its just great to see individuals who make $250K a year donate $1K to chairity and then proclaim that americans should take a tax cut and give more.. Yeah.. what a fabulous country we live in where people are allowed to be hypocritical and still supported..

For the record, I made about 1/10th of what he has in the past (pre 2005) and in those years, my donations were higher every year.
20 - 25K doesn't sound like the income of a person who is trading stocks, real estate, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I'd have to question the authenticity of this constant "boasting" too?

Here you claim to be making around 20 - 25K a year, based on Obama making around 200 - 250K, as mentioned in an earlier post in that same thread:

20 - 25K doesn't sound like the income of a person who is trading stocks, real estate, etc.
Properties go into land trusts thereby giving me ZERO tax liabilities, the distribution company turns inventory over and it expenses all of the profits before the end of the year by buying up new equipment or turning over inventory (I gave $50,000 worth of inventory to a library last year alone), the stocks go into an IRA, again ZERO tax liabilities, ALL of them go towards a retirement, and if you think I'm constanlty boasting you just missed the other thread where I'm taking a 15% loss today in the market..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2009, 01:13 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
you just missed the other thread where I'm taking a 15% loss today in the market..
Make that now 20% loss TODAY alone.. but hey, I guess that contradicts the title of this thread, or does it confirm it.. Stock market surged, Republicans upset.. yep.. I'm officially upset today...

But hey, where are all of the pro Obama threads announcing how he is a genius... I know, you'll find a way to blame Bush for this, even though you just tried to give Obama credit for the surge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top