U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 08:18 AM

19,872 posts, read 22,800,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When the hell did I claim to be in a "Roth" IRA In fact I claimed just the opposite, see above.. ZERO taxes paid this year. If I had a Roth I would not haven paid ZERO, they would have been taxed going in.

You guys are histerical, someone mentions how the value of their stocks went up and all of a sudden it turns into a "prove the poster a lier" as if its impossible that stocks have gone up, (ironic this is a stock going up thread), or that they claimed to have millions in the market..
I never said YOU claimed to be in Roth IRA.
I was referring to YOUR reply to RD505.
Since you seem unable to read back a couple of posts, here's a recap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Not if it is in a Roth IRA.

You only pay taxes on the money which is initially put into the Roth, and those taxes are treated as regular income. The holdings in the Roth grows tax free ... forever ...so you DO make money without tax consequences.

And I edited my previous post with a FOURTH ... but I'll say it again here ... what does Obama have to do with the money you will be withdrawing whenever that time comes? Are you currently over 51? (i.e. Obama 2012 !!! )

The fact that you are worried about tax consequences on holdings in a retirement account makes me wonder???

One minute you are saying you have ZERO tax consequences ... and the next minute you are saying you always have tax consequences ??? (refer to post #181 above)

Maybe HubbleRules was correct about your "boasting" ??? hmmmm ...
You then replied to RD5050's post (even including RD5050's post in yours):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You pay taxes on it when you cash the IRA do you not? So complaining about spending and taxes would only make common sense because future taxes HAVE to go up to pay these debts..

I have ZERO tax consequences THIS year.. (in fact I received a refund after paying ZERO taxes but that just goes to show the stupidity of the tax code system)

This does not mean that FUTURE taxes do not need to be worried about.. Why do liberals always have problems analizing future tax liabilities and always think about today? Probably for the same reason they support Obama, heyy.. he's the man, he'll solve todays problem, lets not worry about tomorrows..

I along with every single individual I know worries about TOMORROWS tax liabilities, if your not looking 10+ years down the road your a fool..
It's not very complicated - you don't pay taxes when you cash in a Roth IRA.
You just seem to be unable to admit when you are clearly wrong.
Again, as usual, a post very troll-like.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
You just claimed I was wrong claiming that you do pay taxes when you cash in an IRA and then your response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's not very complicated - you don't pay taxes when you cash in a Roth IRA.
I dont care that one would pay taxes when cashing in a Roth IRA, they've already PAID taxes.. I dont care because I dont have this type of IRA.. Most Roth IRAs are foolish investments because paying taxes before you invest limit what one has to invest, but hey, to each their own...

I very CLEARLY stated that I didnt pay taxes when putting money INTO the IRA. Anyone with half a brain knows I dont have a Roth simply based upon this fact.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 AM

34,990 posts, read 34,764,818 times
What do you think of the response to Geithner pghquest?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,536,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What do you think of the response to Geithner pghquest?
Didnt watch it this morning, getting orders out the door. I'll probably watch it later tonight, I'm sure the tivo would have recorded it..

It does seem that the market has reflected positively, from a -20 to a +60 for DJIA
My watch list shows 54% up, 22% even and 24% down, much better than yesterday... I'm at least up today as the nose spiral has ceased so it seems like he did a good job.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:53 PM

2,150 posts, read 2,310,383 times
Oh my - time flies - forgot to mention...

The market was up about 9% in April also... (S&P)...

Sorry Obama Haters - more good news to make you feel bad...

Old 05-09-2009, 03:22 PM

4,296 posts, read 6,275,674 times
We are on our 'period' so to speak in terms of the economy.. We get one (a recession) about every 10 years, sometimes less, and I suspect we will see growth in 2010 by at least 3-4% in terms of RGDP.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/Frankie_117/RealGDP-1.jpg (broken link)

The only time we avoided our cyclical recession was in 2001, hence the slow 'recovery' period (2002-2003) soon after and us getting hit double time here in 2009. And also note how minuscule this recession is compared to the one in 1982.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
We are on our 'period' so to speak in terms of the economy.. We get one (a recession) about every 10 years, sometimes less, and I suspect we will see growth in 2010 by at least 3-4% in terms of RGDP.

The only time we avoided our cyclical recession was in 2001, hence the slow 'recovery' period (2002-2003) soon after and us getting hit double time here in 2009. And also note how minuscule this recession is compared to the one in 1982.
Can you provide the link to where you got your chart??

The 2009 column seems way off - US GDP was down by 6.1% in the first quarter of 2009... since inflation has been low -RGDP is probably down by almost the same...

Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM

4,296 posts, read 6,275,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Can you provide the link to where you got your chart??
I made it from data located here:

U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) - bea.gov Home Page

The U.S. Department of Labor Home Page (http://www.dol.gov/ - broken link)

A lot of useful info on those sites, you can run a search query on just about any aspect of the economy you want. I tried to find a correlation between political party and the economy, but there really was none. The recovery process and wars seem to be the only politically influenced factors.

Quote:
The 2009 column seems way off - US GDP was down by 6.1% in the first quarter of 2009... since inflation has been low -RGDP is probably down by almost the same...
I will double check to make sure, but so far I do not see any typos in the excel document..

EDIT: You were right, there was a typo, I had -.62% instead of 6.2%. Oops. Now I am afraid I may have missed something else (although the rest of it looks fine).

Here is the corrected graph:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/Frankie_117/P7C2.jpg (broken link)

..Yikes!

Although, it probably won't be as dire looking when averaged with the rest of the year..

Last edited by Frankie117; 05-09-2009 at 06:56 PM..

Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,372,190 times
Quote:
Oh my - time flies - forgot to mention...

The market was up about 9% in April also... (S&P)...

Sorry Obama Haters - more good news to make you feel bad...
What makes you think it has anything to do with Obama?
Recessions generally last 9 months or so.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
What makes you think it has anything to do with Obama?
Recessions generally last 9 months or so.
I've never claimed that the recovery is solely Obama's doing - it is partially his doing to be fair, due to his Stimulus Plan and resulting boost in spending and consumer confidence...

His actions bailing out the banks is encouraging banks to lend more too... The FED's Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF) is also helping spur lending and economic activity..

This recession will end as most do - consumer and business balance sheets improve as saving increases, and pent-up-demand begins to exert itself, which causes spending to increase, confidence to go up, spending to increase more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or