U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM

3,553 posts, read 6,926,235 times

Advertisements

pghquest wrote;
Quote:
I will stipulate that the talks of the expectations of profits and losses is what moves the market. Do you know what profits - taxation = whats left?
I know that profits are what's left after taxes!

Also (sic);
Quote:
How much is left if Obamas plan were to take affect?
And (sic);
Quote:
Your obviously intelligent enough to know that profits control the market, did you happen to forget that taxation has an affect upon profits?
Now you seem to be arguing that if Obama's plan were to take "effect" that the "expectation of profits" will decline and the market decline in tandem. So, shouldn't the market be in complete free-fall? As it's not it seems to put your theory in some doubt.

I really think everyone should quit paying so much day-to-day attention to every little market swing.

golfgod
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,339,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Now you seem to be arguing that if Obama's plan were to take "effect" that the "expectation of profits" will decline and the market decline in tandem. So, shouldn't the market be in complete free-fall? As it's not it seems to put your theory in some doubt.

I really think everyone should quit paying so much day-to-day attention to every little market swing.

golfgod
Incorrect, what I'm arguing is that the scare of Obamas plan taking effect is what caused the decline in the market late last year. Now that he has become elected and people see how rediculous his plans and budgets are, people are not as frighted as they were before and will put money back into the economy..

The market already took its free-fall, did you miss it?

Society sells the market on fear, buys on the truth..

Last edited by pghquest; 03-27-2009 at 10:51 AM..

Old 03-27-2009, 10:13 AM

2,522 posts, read 3,917,214 times
As evidenced in past history, the market can survive anything..........

even Obama.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 AM

3,288 posts, read 3,965,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"Go Obama!!! You are doing great!!!"

When your grand kids are paying all of this back, maybe they will feel different.

No, Obama...Why did you do this to us?
Yeah, I'm sure you bitched and moaned when we attacked the boogeyman for like 6 years and wasted trillions of dollars.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:48 PM

19,495 posts, read 20,835,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Getting kind of testy are we? You can dish out wise azz comments but can't take it. Maybe you should grow up or grow one.
Just a technical note here, but I believe the correct term is "grow a PAIR."

Not that one is inherently disabling, but still.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,339,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Just a technical note here, but I believe the correct term is "grow a PAIR."

Not that one is inherently disabling, but still.
Technically you both are wrong becaus it takes assumptions that I'm a male.. facts not in evidence on a forum..

Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Technically you both are wrong becaus it takes assumptions that I'm a male.. facts not in evidence on a forum..
Well, the idea of a cycloptic female isn't exactly on everyone's radar, either.

I mean, a mono-Wonderbra? That doesn't work for me. And I suspect I speak for the majority gathered here today.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:11 PM

5,945 posts, read 4,857,623 times
Quote:
Do you ever at all contribute to the threads, or is your keyboard stuck on this type of nonsense?

Do you not understand the difference between cause, and effect? Jesus.. grow up..

It's clear that cause and effect are a confusing concept to the ones who still claim that Bush didn't sink the economy.

Remind me again... was it Clinton or Obama who caused the current recession?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
It's clear that cause and effect are a confusing concept to the ones who still claim that Bush didn't sink the economy.

Remind me again... was it Clinton or Obama who caused the current recession?
I think it was Phil Gramm. Aided and abetted by Barney Frank.

And Dr. Spock had something to do with it, as well. (No, not the Vulcan. The pediatrician.)

Old 03-27-2009, 05:47 PM

86,878 posts, read 102,269,915 times
Quote:
haha, the higher the market goes, the more money Republicans have to run an election outlining those areas that Obama has failed and the massive spending, deficits and control that he is proposing..

Anyone who doesnt understand that the market goes up and down regardless as to who's president should return to 3rd grade.
Agreed. Which negates this below:

Quote:
The stock market going up is obviously not so Republicans can make money, which would be the cause, the effect surely is though..

And yes, I did blame Obama for it going down, do I need to educate you on how negative political talk has an effect but recovery is due to the lack os talk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or