U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,339,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed. Which negates this below:
Actually no it doesnt. Markets go up and down regardless as to who's president but only a fool doesnt understand that a president who supports overtaxation would have negative affect.

Its like putting your foot on the break of a car will slow it down, this does not mean that taking your foot off the break will make the car move, especially if your out of gas...
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 07:20 PM

2,968 posts, read 2,624,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Getting kind of testy are we? You can dish out wise azz comments but can't take it. Maybe you should grow up or grow one.
She/He tells you to grow up but can't take your comeback...Sounds to me a lot like 'If ya can't take the heat, get the hell out the kitchen'.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,469,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The highher the Market goes, the lower the expectations for a republican return to power should be.
Very very true. It's pretty obvious that $3 trillion debt being thrown at the problem is not exactly chump change. You would expect that the stock market could go up a couple hundred points in response to all these billions and billions of bailout dollars. CEO's are being given huge bonuses, credit is still easily obtained the dollars are flowing freely thanks to the Obama bailouts.

Like all debt, it's going to have to be repaid. That's when it all begins to hit the fan.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:44 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,442,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually no it doesnt. Markets go up and down regardless as to who's president but only a fool doesnt understand that a president who supports overtaxation would have negative affect.

Its like putting your foot on the break of a car will slow it down, this does not mean that taking your foot off the break will make the car move, especially if your out of gas...
Totally ridiculous analogy...

Only a fool would fail to acknowledge that the economic catastrophe we are going thru right now (the steep recession, Wall Street meltdown...) are the blame of 8 years of outright incompetance and criminal negligence by Dubya...

He left this country in such terrible shape, that I am absolutely amazed that the DOW didn't go down to 5,000.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:57 PM

2,659 posts, read 2,568,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And yes, I did blame Obama for it going down, do I need to educate you on how negative political talk has an effect but recovery is due to the lack os talk?
Yes, please do.
I would appreciate that.

Unless of course, you are basing your statements solely on the time GWB was in the white house.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,664,057 times
The markets have never actually recovered even to the levels of january. Loks like a long slightly up and down ride untiol something positive like the toxic assets is strighten out.I mean they haven't even gotten to 8000 yet.Short gains and then prfits being taken;shows low confidence in the markets especially with shocks so under valued in many cases.I thnikt aht its going to be very hard to get many that pulled so much out to get back in. Ater the 70's recession a whoole genration never reentered the stock market.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:08 AM

2,150 posts, read 2,304,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The markets have never actually recovered even to the levels of january. Loks like a long slightly up and down ride untiol something positive like the toxic assets is strighten out.I mean they haven't even gotten to 8000 yet.Short gains and then prfits being taken;shows low confidence in the markets especially with shocks so under valued in many cases.I thnikt aht its going to be very hard to get many that pulled so much out to get back in. Ater the 70's recession a whoole genration never reentered the stock market.
Give it time - it's going to be a long haul to recover from this historic economic meltdown that Obama inherited... it is BY FAR the worst economy since the Great Depression...

Old 03-28-2009, 04:22 AM

4,433 posts, read 3,913,388 times
I've been contributing to my retirement fund for 30 years.

I lost half of my accumulation recently. That's not funny anymore.

I blame STARKLY Barney Frank and the rest of his cronies who believed that idiots without solid incomes should get housing loans. Barney Frank is a Jack A*s.

Another role model: Barney Frank

Old 03-28-2009, 05:36 AM

18,052 posts, read 10,077,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

I blame STARKLY Barney Frank and the rest of his cronies who believed that idiots without solid incomes should get housing loans. Barney Frank is a Jack A*s.

Your buddy Bush donated a cool trillion to the cause.

No words of praise for him?

Old 03-28-2009, 05:41 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,442,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

I agree that Frank and Dodd should have been voted out. If they represented my state, I surely would have voted against them...

All you can do is not panic - do NOT sell your stock now - wait for the market to rebound - it most surely will - but it could take a couple of years to get back to it's Oct 2007 highs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or