Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,426,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The last 8 years of your life is not a good example of smaller government.

But, Barack wants to move govt. beyond large. He thinks that govt. is the answer to everything. That's just wrong. Tax, tax, tax and tax.

Every time Government gets involved, they fail.

It's time for someone to sit back and let things just happen.

Not Democrats. They will push things until only illegal aliens have rights.

You and I will have none.
I don't even know why democrats complain about Bush when they believe in open borders and unlimited illegal immigration so their Walmarts and big corporations can bring down wages. Bush was right in there with the democrats working for that. And Bush did all he could to get our jobs to their favorite Communist country -- China. Bush also spent money like it was going out of style, never cut a welfare program, nationalized education -- he did everything a democrat would have wanted him to do and they still dislike him.

I guess he wasn't as charming as Obama when he said he was going to go after the Taliban and get more troops over there and more of our guys killed. And no one objects to the beat of the war drums now that Obama is getting us closer and closer to war with Mexico -- as long as he keeps that border wide open and the illegals flooding over it.

Bush only increased the debt by 5 trillion dollars, apparently he should have been more like Obama and increased it at a much higher rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 AM

707 posts, read 1,018,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't even know why democrats complain about Bush when they believe in open borders and unlimited illegal immigration so their Walmarts and big corporations can bring down wages. Bush was right in there with the democrats working for that. And Bush did all he could to get our jobs to their favorite Communist country -- China. Bush also spent money like it was going out of style, never cut a welfare program, nationalized education -- he did everything a democrat would have wanted him to do and they still dislike him.

I guess he wasn't as charming as Obama when he said he was going to go after the Taliban and get more troops over there and more of our guys killed. And no one objects to the beat of the war drums now that Obama is getting us closer and closer to war with Mexico -- as long as he keeps that border wide open and the illegals flooding over it.

Bush only increased the debt by 5 trillion dollars, apparently he should have been more like Obama and increased it at a much higher rate.

First Statement FALSE. Show me where the Democrats believe in illegal immigration. Both the Democrats and Republicans in the congress and senate believe in an immigration overhaul and work program. We citizens all believe they should be sent back.

Second Statement FALSE we NEVER understood why we were at a full build in IRAQ and not Afganastan considering the Taliban was not in IRAQ.
News Flash, the war with Mexico has already crossed into the United States, but then again i'm sure you knew that.

I'm glad to see acknowledgement on the amount of debt Obama inheritated and yes he's going to add to it, but then again, I haven't seen anything come from the Republican side as an alternative.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Pelosi, Kennedy, Frank, Obama -- all very much believe in illegal immigration -- so much that they want to reward all illegals with amnesty and US citizenship and have told them there will be "family reunification" so they can start bringing in any family members to join them here. No matter that those family members in many case will be elderly, uneducated, and in need of government services to maintain them here.

We will not win in Afghanistan so why is Obama going to get many more of our guys killed? What's our purpose there? Just seal off Afghanistan, keep the Taliban contained.

No -- we are not YET at war with Mexico but Obama is getting us closer and closer. All it would take is getting control over that border but they're going for a whole lot more than that. We're becoming dangerously involved.

Our involvement in Mexico will not make things better there. Wait until American military begin killing Mexicans. Very very bad.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 AM

40,919 posts, read 48,833,863 times
Proudmamma - did you see the recent video of Pulosi in San Fransisco Church talking to the immigrants ?

According to her it's truly Un-American to not support Illegal immigration or supporting those who enforce the law.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Pelosi, Kennedy, Frank, Obama -- all very much believe in illegal immigration -- so much that they want to reward all illegals with amnesty and US citizenship and have told them there will be "family reunification" so they can start bringing in any family members to join them here. No matter that those family members in many case will be elderly, uneducated, and in need of government services to maintain them here.

We will not win in Afghanistan so why is Obama going to get many more of our guys killed? What's our purpose there? Just seal off Afghanistan, keep the Taliban contained.

No -- we are not YET at war with Mexico but Obama is getting us closer and closer. All it would take is getting control over that border but they're going for a whole lot more than that. We're becoming dangerously involved.

Our involvement in Mexico will not make things better there. Wait until American military begin killing Mexicans. Very very bad.

You insist on making False and incomplete statements on immigration. I ONLY see Democrats listed in your rant, but do not see ANY of the Republicans that have the same views on the reform - John McCain, Mitt Romney to name two.

Where was your question on Afghanastan last year or even IRAQ?

And your almost right, we're not at war with Mexico, however Mexico drug cartel have bought their war to the US, just ask the folks down in Florida.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 AM

I don't support McCain or Romney for that reason.

Where do you see my support ever for our continued involvement in the Middle East?

The Mexican cartels may have brought their war over but only because neither party wants to do a thing about that open border. If drug cartels are killing each other, what's the problem? Close off the border and don't let them bring it all here. We're allowing the cartels to move over -- we even give them laser visas and legal residency.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:22 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,118,946 times
"The government is best which governs least" - Henry David Thoreau

Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Proudmamma - did you see the recent video of Pulosi in San Fransisco Church talking to the immigrants ?

According to her it's truly Un-American to not support Illegal immigration or supporting those who enforce the law.
Here's Obama himself: (got to get that cheap labor in for his beloved CEOs, to hell with Americans)

YouTube - Piolin entrevista a Barack Obama sobre Reforma Migratoria

and Obama himself singing of his love for his Mexico:

YouTube - Obama sings Mexico

Nothing but promising big rewards for coming here illegally. Promising to rebuild the housing bubble that of course brings in illegals by the truckloads for the quick profits of the greedy CEOs. He's promising more massive immigration yet he has not begun to create the jobs needed for all these who want to come.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Here's Obama himself: (got to get that cheap labor in for his beloved CEOs, to hell with Americans)

YouTube - Piolin entrevista a Barack Obama sobre Reforma Migratoria

and Obama himself singing of his love for his Mexico:

YouTube - Obama sings Mexico

Nothing but promising big rewards for coming here illegally. Promising to rebuild the housing bubble that of course brings in illegals by the truckloads for the quick profits of the greedy CEOs. He's promising more massive immigration yet he has not begun to create the jobs needed for all these who want to come.

Why do you guys insist on fabricating the truth. That is not what she said..Pelosi was speaking up against the practice of raiding homes in the middle of the night and separating illegal immigrant parents from their children who were born here. You've got to come up with better material. My goodness. None of what you stated in this post is true.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:06 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,458,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Why Is "Big" Government Good?

And when government starts to diminish our freedoms, ( legislating how much money someone can earn, for example ) ( or telling us where to set our thermostats under penalty of law ) ( or telling us how many rounds our guns can hold ).

Isn't enough - enough?
I guess if everything in government was big it would be bad? I dunno, you're going to have to be way more specific as to which government organizations being big is bad. It's not as black and white as your slanted OP makes it seem.

I know if I was unemployed right now I'd be pretty happy with some social services while things recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections