Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

The complainers lost and they cannot get over it.

BTW - I support the destruction of Kootr's idea of the US. It was falling over the cliff into a tyrannical empire with increased warfare around the globe, monopolistic energy companies, crooked bankers and financiers looting the economy and more "Patriot Act" insults to our Constitution.

I want to see an egalitarian country that takes care of its poor as well as its rich and stays out of "foreign entanglements" and undeclared wars to protect corrupt feudal kingdoms. None of this would be possible under the Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Uh...If Bush was not impeached, Obama is pretty safe!

Keep on living in your dreamland. Obama is going to be a GREAT president!
Ending behind Carter...who was also a Great President!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Ending behind Carter...who was also a Great President!
You're good... you can post while being brave and listening to Big Ed Schultz! How do you like him so far?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
My guess? Probably the wicked witch of the west Barbara Boxer since teleprompter boy's multi trillion dollar "Stimulus" is destroying California worse than what it was...
Nah, you are all missing the obvious person. If you follow the time line, the choice has to be Roland Burress. Reasoning? If he could get Obamas' senate seat, he should be next in line for the presidency!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM

707 posts, read 1,022,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Nah, you are all missing the obvious person. If you follow the time line, the choice has to be Roland Burress. Reasoning? If he could get Obamas' senate seat, he should be next in line for the presidency!

Rolands seat was handed to him by a corrupt Governor eventhough everyone from the President to the Democrats and Republicans pretty much begged him to step down. The man is a waste in Washington, to associate him to anything that either party is trying to do to get the country going is sad. I believe i could speak for many by stating that this man should go away..

Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Rolands seat was handed to him by a corrupt Governor eventhough everyone from the President to the Democrats and Republicans pretty much begged him to step down. The man is a waste in Washington, to associate him to anything that either party is trying to do to get the country going is sad. I believe i could speak for many by stating that this man should go away..
What part of the grinning faces did you not understand? It was a joke!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:27 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
What part of the grinning faces did you not understand? It was a joke!

I never know when the smiling face is actually a joke on these boards anymore to be honest.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Kudos to you for making a sound case for opposition. I can respect your opinion since it is argued well. However, if I took 5 minutes, I could also build a very sound argument for why Obama is doing what needs to be done and deserves our support.
Some of what Obama proposes is good in theory, but the reality is we're flat broke. We (meaning the US FEderal Government) is not just broke, but it carries a debt that it will (almost certainly) never repay. The Feds are past the point where they need to cut wasteful spending, but are now reaching the point where they are going to have to cut purposeful spending. I don't know the details of the budget, but my understanding is that entitlements are where the rubber hits the road.

For ex: if you're unemployed, overweight and broke, it might be BETTER to take a loan for a personal trainer than to take a loan to form a cocaine habit, but you can not afford either and should be doing your best to cut down your overall spending. Listen to Peter Schiff: the problem with the Federal Government and the stimulus package are not so much where the money is being spent and what it's being spent on; the problem is THAT THEY'RE SPENDING IN THE FIRST PLACE! Of course, they need to spend to fund the basics of Government, but they don't have the money to spend on things like Alt Energy, Education and Healthcare. Regardless of Obama's talking points, these three areas are of concern but they did not lead us into this current crisis. On top of that, the last thing I want is a Government with a proven record of incompetence (both parties) gaining more control of our Economy and lives.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:09 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Is there a link to PROOVE that Barbara Boxer or any other Democrat is going to call for Obama's impeachment?

What part of "my guess" was too complicated for you?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
What part of "my guess" was too complicated for you?
Listen. It would be asinine for me to put up a post about which GOP member was going to propose impeaching Bush first, and then have all the liberals here take potshots at guessing who would do it. First of all, there's zero evidence of anything like that happening, so it would be worse than a bunch of idiots speculating on nonsense. Second, there isn't a GOP member with enough integrity, and we all know it. I'd be guilty of being a complete idiot if I put up a post like that.

But I'm too smart to do it - as are almost all the liberals here.

Do you see now what's wrong with the OP? It appears that wingnuts enjoy that sort of baseless, idiotic speculation in the absence of things like ... facts, reality, intelligence, etc.

So you can pretend you were making a joke with a silly little smiley face. But we all know what's really going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections