Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:49 AM

707 posts, read 1,021,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's why the Mexican traffickers are sure to get their candy colored crystal meth into the middle schools, there is no market unless they create it, get young children addicted before they can really decide.

They could be stopped at the border -- both for drugs and guns but this is all more about taking Constitutional rights away from the citizens of both countries -- Mexicans also have a constitution - not that bad of one.

Hillary promotes an open border, unlimited illegal immigration, she's done nothing to take control over that open border back from the criminals. Violent criminals control the border, thanks to our politicians.

Please provide a link or video where anyone in WASHINGTON stated that we will open all borders to Immigrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 AM

37,159 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Then I guess you would say the same thing about guns sales to Mexicans?
The laws of supply and demand cover any and all products, legal or illegal.

I went to the gun show at the S.C. Fair Grounds last wekend and stood at a table where two handguns changed hands with no consideration other than ready cash. The buyer and seller had never seen each other before and parted without either of them knowing the other's name. This can be done legally because it is considered a "private sale", which many times means that the seller does not qualify for an FFL which has stringent requirements. I have a copy of the application here, if you want me to post the details. I had thought about becoming a licensed dealer at one point.

This is the infamous "gun show loophole" that needs to be closed. For all anyone knows the buyer of those two handguns could have been a robber, a psychopath, a rapist, a drug dealer, or a republican congressman. It must be closed, quickly and completely.

Why buy a stolen weapon on the street when you can walk through the door of a gun show and get it for less money with fewer questions asked?

Last edited by cuebald; 03-29-2009 at 09:52 AM..

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I went to the gun show at the S.C. Fair Grounds last wekend and stood at a table where two handguns changed hands with no consideration other than ready cash.
Were you disguised as a low lying shrub?
Yeah your believable lol

Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Teh laws of supply and demand cover any and all products, legal or illegal.

I went to the gun show at the S.C. Fair Grounds last wekend and stood at a table where two handguns changed hands with no consideration other than ready cash. The buyer and seller had never seen each other before and parted without either of them knowing the other's name. This can be done legally because it is considered a "private sale", which many times means that the seller does not qualify for an FFL which has stringent requirements. I have a copy of the application here, if you want me to post the details. I had thought about becoming a licensed dealer at one point.

This is the infamous "gun show loophole" that needs to be closed. For all anyone knows the buyer of those two handguns could have been a robber, a psychopath, a rapist, a drug dealer, or a republican congressman. It must be closed, quickly and completely.

Why buy a stolen weapon on the street when you can walk through the door of a gun show and get it for less money with fewer questions asked?
Every state has their own laws. Here in PA such a transaction would be illegal for a hand gun.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:56 AM

37,159 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Were you disguised as a low lying shrub?
Yeah your believable lol
I bought a Smith and Wesson .22 Kit Gun for my wife at the same show on March 17, 2007, with the same results. I had to all but fight the seller to make him take my name, and he showed no interest in having it. I have posted the story on this board and others if you would like for me to supply you with a link.

Those are the laws in SC. You can sell anything to anyone if they are "personal" arms, but there are no records, so no one knows how many arms come and go.

This situation must change.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Please provide a link or video where anyone in WASHINGTON stated that we will open all borders to Immigrants?
The border is open. That's the reality now but no politician wants to get enforce it.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
The laws of supply and demand cover any and all products, legal or illegal.

Then I wonder why Hillary failed to mention that fact when she attempted to put the entire blame for Mexico's problems on the USA and is condemning the USA for Mexico's smuggled guns and weapons.

Why didn't she point out that it's Mexico's demand for weapons that creates the supply?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:13 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
If there were no buyers, there would be no sellers.

Who do you think are the buyers if not Americans?

The drug dealers are merchants following the age old laws of supply and demand. Eliminate demand, the supply will stop and the drug wars with it.
People in Europe...

Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
Show me the link.
I can't find a link on it, but it was one the news here a week or two ago.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 AM

707 posts, read 1,021,788 times
Quote:
The border is open. That's the reality now but no politician wants to get enforce it.

You stated that she was promoting open border and illegal immigration. Where? I'll give it to Condolezza Rice and Hilary Clinton, those two women were very diligent with their international relations. I believe Clinton is doing an excellent job traveling from country to country to try and get a handle on many of the issues that have or will have major impacts on the US. Of course i'm going to get negative feedback from folks here on CD.

The focus right now really should be on Mexico and the drug Cartels. They are too close to the US for us to take a wait and see approach with the Mexico government. I would think those in Texas would agree that the danger is getting too close to home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections