Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
That is absolutely ridiculous... this forum is overrun by extreme right-wing Obama haters that call him and his supporters scum, filth, and whole host of other things.

Just look at the threads on this forum and the Politics forum...

The anti-Obama hateful posts outnumber those from the left at least 3 to one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Great, intelligent post.

Post for post, the left has repeatedly outdone the right with their angry attacks and hateful name-calling. They can't seem to accept a difference of opinion - even when based on fact - and can't agree to disagree without the name-calling.
Maybe, just maybe, it's from both sides!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe, just maybe, it's from both sides!
You're right... it is from both sides..
This forum is a microcosm of the partisan attitude in Congress...

I know I give it to the right - but a lot of their anti-Obama threads are very hateful (objectively so) and I don't think giving them a pass is the thing to do - it only encourages them to get even more down and dirty..

Any suggestions how to calm things down - other than mind altering drugs that is?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
The difference between me and the OP is that back when Bush was president and the Dixie Chicks in the UK started talking smack about him on stage at their concert, I boycotted their music, not because I WAS a Republican but because I thought it was innappropriate and disrespectful to our country to do what they did.

Unfortunately not everyone has a conscience that crosses the boundaries of the partylines.

Obama could bring home justice to the Taliban and Osama, he could get the economy running well, the war in Pakistan on track and make sure Iraq is self sufficient, he could learn to fly so as to have NO NEED for Air Force One since it upsets some that he uses it(ODD since no one said anything about Bush when he used it) and some people would STILL be unable to admit he is a good president.

This thread has about as much relevance as those that throw stones at what Michelle Obama is wearing. Its too cheap, but then if she spent alot of money which would be innapropriate with so many struggling financially, THE SAME EXACT people would throw stones at how much money she spends. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Any suggestions how to calm things down - other than mind altering drugs that is?
Sure, those who want to argue that things like, the cost per job, could actually backup their argument with some type of link showing that its under $42,000 per job rather than just going around in circle going.. its not that much, its not that much.. it juts cant be.. Even though every link and news story confirms that it is..

Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The difference between me and the OP is that back when Bush was president and the Dixie Chicks in the UK started talking smack about him on stage at their concert, I boycotted their music, not because I WAS a Republican but because I thought it was innappropriate and disrespectful to our country to do what they did.
ha? you know what I did in regards to the Dixie Chicks? Wow, I didnt know my gf was in the other room on cds forums.

p.s. I also boycotted their music, simply because I dont like country

Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You do not need to buy cigarettes to live.

you do not need health insurance to live either.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Sure, those who want to argue that things like, the cost per job, could actually backup their argument with some type of link showing that its under $42,000 per job rather than just going around in circle going.. its not that much, its not that much.. it juts cant be.. Even though every link and news story confirms that it is..
Then someone else comes up with a statistic that supposedly "proves" just the opposite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections