Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:30 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,213,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey boy View Post
and Al Gore has several huge homes, flies in private jets, etc, and preaches to us about our carbon footprint. None of them practice what they preach.
You know that you're a tool, right? The conservative movement knows that they can spew lies, and tools like you will spread them around without thinking too much.

Gore has one house. It is large, because it's also a business. He has a staff of a dozen or so. And he uses carbon offsets to help decrease his footprint. Gore has never claimed that a person can have zero carbon footprint, or must live in a cave. So that's an asinine straw man argument.

Please try and learn - rather than just mouth hatred that you've been taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
acorn does a fine job of fraudently registering voters is more like it. all you have to do is google it and see for yourself.
Provide a link. All the news I saw during the election was that ACORN was turning over questionable registrations to the authorities, just as they were supposed to do. And dumb-as-rocks wingnuts were jumping up and down like monkeys shouting "ACORN is registering martians!" I also saw a zillion wingnut blog posts about it, spreading the same stupid lies. So no, I won't Google it - you made the claim - you back it up.

Quote:
also, as far as norm and franken, the courts will decide who won or not. I personally think that al should have stayed in kalifornia where he was welcome, and not come back to the state he left 30 years ago.
it is just like him to move back here, he could never get elected in kalifornia, so why not move back to where he once was and try for election here.
This is what makes the wingnut such a fun little animal to play with. They can write a paragraph like the above without even realizing just how idiotic they sound - making fun of Franken for being from out-of-state, when Norm Coleman is also from out-of-state. It's amazing how they can spew the most asinine stuff without realizing it!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,188,305 times
here in wisconsin acorn workers have been charged with fraudently registering voters before. google it you will see i am correct.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
here in wisconsin acorn workers have been charged with fraudently registering voters before. google it you will see i am correct.
I'm sure you're right. Individual workers. Probably turned in by ACORN. But even if they weren't, your comments about ACORN are as stupid as saying that every member of a company is guilty because the stockboy is stealing office supplies.

Educate yourself. Stop being blinded by the dumbest talking points. I'm pretty sure that you are smarter than that.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,736,477 times
I don't care anything about Dem or Repubs. Coleman is a loser, and a complete jerk on a very personal basis. He takes after his father who was arrested at age 80+ for receiving oral sex in a parking lot. I worked with Coleman - and, believe me, he takes after his father, not to mention that he will do anything (as he is very well presently demonstrating) to win. That's OK. He's hanging himself royally.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:22 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
It would be just as fair to give Coleman (if he really had less votes than Franken) the seat as to what has happened to Stevens...

Old 04-09-2009, 05:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It would be just as fair to give Coleman (if he really had less votes than Franken) the seat as to what has happened to Stevens...

Teh stoopid..........it hurts.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:35 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,581,808 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!!

Coleman is TOAST!!! He LOST fair and square!!!

His foot dragging is doing nothing more than inflame the citizens of Minnesota against the GOP!!!

Go Franken!!!

You Da Man!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,169,611 times
Quote:
Were they convicted?

Old 04-09-2009, 08:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,793,734 times
Quote:

Stevens was cleared on a technicality, not because he was innocent.

Also, it took a Democrat to recognize that the law had not been followed during Steven's trial.

Coleman is ruining whatever might have been left of his political career because he is not man enough to concede and he is taking Pawlenty down with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections