Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 01:29 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
If you are not aware of all of the nuances of the situation, I am sure it confuses you. This is typical of people who come into this thread with no idea of what's going on and then they throw aspersions around out of ignorance.
Just like 99.99% of Americans have no idea what's going on right, only the nutjob birthers, all 0.01% of them, that percentage being a huge stretch of the imagination know what's going on right? Get a friggin' life....

Old 04-15-2009, 01:34 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A documents expert said the internet copy could not be authenitcated. She did not say it was a fake. The Hawaiian government has confirmed, from looking at the original, that OBAMA WAS BORN IN HAWAII!

Show me where Dr. Fukino said Obama was born in Hawaii.

tg

Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
tg
This is from NewtoLI:

"There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama's official birth certificate. State law (Hawai'i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record," reads an Oct. 31 statement from Hawaii's Dr. Chiyome Fukino, who heads the Hawaii office that oversees health records -- including birth certificates.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said in the three paragraph statement.

"No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai'i," the statement concludes.

Does this mean Obama was born in Hawaii?

"Yes," said Hawaii Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo, in both email and telephone interviews with the Tribune. "That's what Dr. Fukino is saying."

Old 04-15-2009, 01:45 PM

A letter to all.

From this point on, in this thread, I will not be replying to any of the old arguments of Obama's eligibility and I am not going to take the time to catch anyone up on the matter. If you have something new and want to have a civil debate about it, I will be happy to oblige.

If you throw around anything resembling disparaging remarks or personal attacks it will not be replied to, and will be reported to the Mods.

I intend to keep to the rules posted in the OP as everyone should.

I will continue to post the latest information relating to the thread topic.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:48 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Go to the original thread and search through the thousands of posts for the arguments that have been posted there,
Most of them by Truegritt

Quote:
or do a Google search and try reading both sides of the argument, you may be surprised by what you find.
Not really, unless the fact that most of the sites that contain this so-called controversy are rightie blog sites or freeper conspiracy theory enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:49 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
From this point on, in this thread, I will not be replying to any of the old arguments of Obama's eligibility and I am not going to take the time to catch anyone up on the matter. If you have something new and want to have a civil debate about it, I will be happy to oblige.
This is often referred to as bailing.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
A letter to all.

If you throw around anything resembling disparaging remarks or personal attacks it will not be replied to, and will be reported to the Mods.

I intend to keep to the rules posted in the OP as everyone should.

I will continue to post the latest information relating to the thread topic.
That's absolutely ridiculous. So you just want to have this tread to spam your "updates" and not discuss the topic. This thread should be closed. That's preposterous.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This is from NewtoLI:

"There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama's official birth certificate. State law (Hawai'i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record," reads an Oct. 31 statement from Hawaii's Dr. Chiyome Fukino, who heads the Hawaii office that oversees health records -- including birth certificates.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said in the three paragraph statement.

"No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai'i," the statement concludes.

Does this mean Obama was born in Hawaii?

"Yes," said Hawaii Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo, in both email and telephone interviews with the Tribune. "That's what Dr. Fukino is saying."
That last line is what I have a problem with Katiana, why would Dr. Fukino need someone to speak for her. Dr. Fukino could have stated those exact words but, she did not. Instead it appears that someone called a different person in the department who did not see the BC to get the wording they wanted. I need to hear it from Dr. Fukino, or see the original BC, and that is the last time I will say it as this is an old argument.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Most of them by Truegritt

Not really, unless the fact that most of the sites that contain this so-called controversy are rightie blog sites or freeper conspiracy theory enthusiasts.
This site (thanks to meson, I believe) is a really good one. It is extremely well-researched and provides interesting and supportive evidence and links that (IMHO) completely disprove the doubt about Obama's birth certificate.

Obama Conspiracy Theories

Old 04-15-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That's absolutely ridiculous. So you just want to have this tread to spam your "updates" and not discuss the topic. This thread should be closed. That's preposterous.
Where did I say I would not discuss it? I will not rehash old arguments over and over with people who are just finding this thread or want to continue the old arguments. There is nothing to be gained from that.

As far as closing the thread, I have a right to post what I want, when I want, and to whom I want, as you do. This is not my thread, I do not own it, I have stated how I will post in it from now on and I intend to follow the OP rules and I refuse to continue to debate what has been debated ad nauseum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections