Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:17 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,131,629 times

Advertisements

The first Birth Certificate thread was closed due to an extremely large number of attacks and off topic remarks. Since the closing, several members have asked that a new thread be created so that they can discuss the topic with civility.

Before you post, please be aware of the following. Some of these come directly from the Terms of Service, while others are specialized ground rules to deal with issues from the previous thread.

1) Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility.

2) When posting, links and quotes from links will not suffice. Please provide a few sentences explaining the link and how it pertains to the topic and your feelings on the topic.

3) In regards to linking, please try to vary your sources. Links to credible sites, vice blogs, are preferred.

4) Whether or not you agree with a poster, please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. If there are multiple instances of violations, please report one of them and let us know that there are more.

5) If you disagree with a poster, say so, but explain why.

6) Stick to the topic! Not the validity of the thread. Not the posters of the topic.

To be more precise, if you don't feel a topic should exist, vote with your keyboard by not posting and bringing it back to the front page. Please remember that users are free to discuss whichever topics that they wish to - provided that they are posting in the correct forum.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 04-10-2009 at 06:53 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,159,440 times
President Obama's birth certificate is a non issue, that became perfectly clear on January 20, 2009....sadly it is threads like this that keep the non issue alive.

Edit: By the way if there is going to be a thread on the non issue shouldn't it refer to "President" Obama?

Last edited by meson; 04-09-2009 at 12:00 PM..

Old 04-09-2009, 12:13 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,181,636 times
Can you feel the tide turning against Barack Obama? (http://americangrandjury.org/can-you-feel-the-tide-turning-against-barack-obama - broken link)

"I get a sense that people are starting to wake up. The number of tea parties, grand juries, FBI and local police filings are increasing daily."

I have to agree with this article, I do see more and more people, ordinary people like those I work with, bloggers, military people (active and retired), State reps, etc. that are either getting involved or talking about it.

My wife never...ever...ever...talks politics but, she came home the other day and told me about a discussion she had with several people at her work about Obama's eligibility and the direction the country was headed. I have to tell you that it floored me, this is so not like her, so I asked her what brought it up. She said that they were discussing the economy, and how frustrated they were about things. Then she said someone brought up how much they disliked the fact that Obama had bowed to a Saudi King, and him saying that America is not a Christian country, and that we are arrogant, then someone said that they were not even sure Obama was eligible to be POTUS, and it went on from there.

Again, I will say that this is anything but a dead issue and there is a building frustration over the situation. John F. Kennedy said "If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." I am no advocate of violence, but I am not everyone.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Letter from the Secretary of State of KY

Finally, in a historical move, something positive is happening for those of us who doubt Obama's eligibility. The "Secratary Of State" for the state of Kentucky has referred the matter of Obama's eligibility over to the Attorney General of Kentucky for investigation.

A copy of the letter can be seen here. This is something to keep a close eye on to see what the outcome may be.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:00 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,131,629 times
As I see it, several sources have validated the birth certificate that Obama presented. My personal opinion is that Orly is actually doing a disservice to her country with this fiasco. Why? At this stage in the game, what is the point in trying to prove our President to be ineligible? What will it prove? Does she even realize the implications of removing our President from Office in these economic times?

From the get-go, I never truly cared whether Obama's birth certificate was true or false. To me, it didn't matter. No, I didn't vote for him, nor did I vote for McCain. However, I saw a person, a man, who was capable of bringing together people of different generations, of different colors, of different backgrounds - he brought this nation together at a time when it needed it the most. So, his birth certificate could have been bought off of eBay for all I care.

And in closing to my rant: If by some freakish crazy event the Birth Certificate was found to be falsified - what then?

Old 04-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
As I see it, several sources have validated the birth certificate that Obama presented. My personal opinion is that Orly is actually doing a disservice to her country with this fiasco. Why? At this stage in the game, what is the point in trying to prove our President to be ineligible? What will it prove? Does she even realize the implications of removing our President from Office in these economic times?

From the get-go, I never truly cared whether Obama's birth certificate was true or false. To me, it didn't matter. No, I didn't vote for him, nor did I vote for McCain. However, I saw a person, a man, who was capable of bringing together people of different generations, of different colors, of different backgrounds - he brought this nation together at a time when it needed it the most. So, his birth certificate could have been bought off of eBay for all I care.

And in closing to my rant: If by some freakish crazy event the Birth Certificate was found to be falsified - what then?
For me it is about a nation of laws and the constitution. If he is not eligible then our laws have been broken, and if our laws can be broken by simply ignoring them what else can happen to this country? Fixing a potential problem now would be better for all of us in the long run even though it may sting now.

I have also read from several forensic experts (one which no one has discredited) that the presented copy of Obama's BC cannot be relied upon as authentic and it has to be compared to the original.

I also think that if this copy can be seen why can't another be overnighted from Dr. Fukino in Hawaii to the congress to be viewed.

I also do not understand why he will not let the original be seen, especially if it would clear this matter up.

On the "what then" question, my understanding is he would be removed from office and the VP would take over until a qualified person can be placed back into the presidency.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:11 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,497,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
As I see it, several sources have validated the birth certificate that Obama presented.
Obama preached "Change" and an open Government, having someone claimed to have seen it is alot different than showing it. When I enlisted in the military, I had to produce it and a copy was put into my file.

Going for the highest office in the land shouldn't be any different, we hired him, he needs to prove to us that he is able to do the job and meet the requirements.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:48 AM

Obama's eligibility has started to infiltrate into progressive musing's.

"Yes, there were ambiguities about Obama's birth certificate that have never been satisfactorily resolved. And the embargo on Obama's educational records remains troubling," wrote Camille Paglia, a progressive author and columnist at Salon.com.

As I said before this is not a dead horse, it only gets bigger by the day and if the progressives are starting to question Obama's eligibility, how long before this becomes the question on the majority of everyone's lips.

Read the article and I think you will see what has triggered this is the way Obama is handling things, at least that is what it looks like triggered the thought of this progressive writer for Salon.com

"Her commentary addresses Obama's "painful missteps," and she addressed charges that Obama has suffered from poor advice."

Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,935,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Can you feel the tide turning against Barack Obama? (http://americangrandjury.org/can-you-feel-the-tide-turning-against-barack-obama - broken link)

"I get a sense that people are starting to wake up. The number of tea parties, grand juries, FBI and local police filings are increasing daily."

I have to agree with this article, I do see more and more people, ordinary people like those I work with, bloggers, military people (active and retired), State reps, etc. that are either getting involved or talking about it.

My wife never...ever...ever...talks politics but, she came home the other day and told me about a discussion she had with several people at her work about Obama's eligibility and the direction the country was headed. I have to tell you that it floored me, this is so not like her, so I asked her what brought it up. She said that they were discussing the economy, and how frustrated they were about things. Then she said someone brought up how much they disliked the fact that Obama had bowed to a Saudi King, and him saying that America is not a Christian country, and that we are arrogant, then someone said that they were not even sure Obama was eligible to be POTUS, and it went on from there.

Again, I will say that this is anything but a dead issue and there is a building frustration over the situation. John F. Kennedy said "If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." I am no advocate of violence, but I am not everyone.

Unfortunately, these weak minded wingnuts are now killing people...two shooting sprees since Obama won by wingers. One on police wanting to "take his gun away" and the other in NC on "liberals" while they attended church...sick people latching to to right wing hate and their paranoid rhetoric. ( Not to mention the killing of the head of the Arkansas Democratic Party by a bitter middled aged man who drove 50 miles to shoot the man in his office)

In general let me describe the people who waste time with this bizzare theory.

1) You're likely poor or lower income
2) You're likely racist more so than most Americans
3) By comparison, mostly uneducated
4) You likely have lower IQ's.

People with these traits latch on to conspiracy theories to fill the need for some sort of explaination on how the World works. It gives them a map of reality since they don't use reason themselves. They don't think for themselves. They don't have much control of their lives on limited incomes. This makes them feel better...more in control.

Last edited by padcrasher; 04-10-2009 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 AM

749 posts, read 944,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
President Obama's birth certificate is a non issue, that became perfectly clear on January 20, 2009....sadly it is threads like this that keep the non issue alive.

Edit: By the way if there is going to be a thread on the non issue shouldn't it refer to "President" Obama?
Please do not refer to him as president until he has proven his eligibilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections