U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 AM

22,387 posts, read 27,605,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I wonder how much Bush contributes to charity. I bet it is much more than Gore, Clinton, or Obama.
He does. I saw the figures about a year ago and he donates quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 AM

12,646 posts, read 13,926,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you posted information about how he has started giving to charity, after he was made fun of for being stingy during the election.

Quote:
you posted information about how he has started giving to charity
No. I didn't.
Quote:
after he was made fun of for being stingy during the election.
How can one make fun of another's "giving"?

What criteria do you use to judge and by what authority do we consider you worthy of the mantle?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,226,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Do you have a link? I can't find one.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:

Source?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM

One thing never mentioned is how much "free" time the Obamas have devoted to helping others when they were community organizers. Donating time when you could be making a large salary as a corporate lawyer may not be quantifiable, but worth more than donating dollars.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 AM

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
Mother Teresa

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
Mother Teresa

Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,213,875 times
it's quite easy to make fun of someone for "giving" when that person is prancing around yipping about people paying their "fair share."

just because you can't admit that until he was under the public microscope, he was a stingy greedy bastard, doesn't mean that the rest of us can't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
No. I didn't.

How can one make fun of another's "giving"?

What criteria do you use to judge and by what authority do we consider you worthy of the mantle?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
One thing to remember when comparing bush or cheney's charitable donations versus the Obamas - bush and cheney had no living expenses for the last eight years. You don't pay for food, mortgage, etc. when your elected to the two highest offices in the land.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it's quite easy to make fun of someone for "giving" when that person is prancing around yipping about people paying their "fair share."

just because you can't admit that until he was under the public microscope, he was a stingy greedy bastard, doesn't mean that the rest of us can't see it.
The ignorant will laugh at me, but the wise will understand.
Bruce Lee

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa

Old 04-20-2009, 10:06 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,213,875 times
so you answer my post with quotes that aren't yours. so in reality, you can't defend him. he donated something like 1% of his money to charity before the election. he claimed that he was paying back student loans, while living in a mansion.

it seems to me that instead of looking up mother teresa quotes, you should simply look up the word politician. that will answer all your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The ignorant will laugh at me, but the wise will understand.
Bruce Lee

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or