U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
 
500 posts, read 637,609 times
Reputation: 155

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIGuy View Post
Here is a great read:

Obama’s First 100 Days: Worse Than Even We Predicted

Hope and Change...sure and I have a bridge I'd like to sell you!
Wow...thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2009, 06:10 PM
 
Location: MI
1,881 posts, read 1,588,105 times
Reputation: 459
Everything is going in the right direction under President Obama. Just wait for the next 100 days leading to his first four years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
 
500 posts, read 637,609 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Everything is going in the right direction under President Obama. Just wait for the next 100 days leading to his first four years.
Everything? You've been drinking some potent kool aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
 
6,899 posts, read 6,603,402 times
Reputation: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Obama spent more money in 100 days than Bush spent in 7 years of Iraq, 8 years of Afganistan, and Hurricane Katirina combined. What else would we expect from such a far left wealth redistributionist?

The TRUE cost of the Iraq and Afganistan war cost under Bush has not been publicized, do you know something we ALL do not? Hurricane Katrina has not been completely paid for yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
 
Location: MI
1,881 posts, read 1,588,105 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Everything? You've been drinking some potent kool aid.
Potent just like our president's success so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,695,277 times
Reputation: 9364
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The TRUE cost of the Iraq and Afganistan war cost under Bush has not been publicized, do you know something we ALL do not? Hurricane Katrina has not been completely paid for yet.
You say that as if we can pay for ANYTHING Obama is spending money on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2009, 12:24 AM
 
3,283 posts, read 5,293,341 times
Reputation: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The TRUE cost of the Iraq and Afganistan war cost under Bush has not been publicized, do you know something we ALL do not? Hurricane Katrina has not been completely paid for yet.
When I found out that the Bush's administration didn't include the cost of both wars in the budget, it makes you go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Come on how much did both wars cost us, and why weren't they included in the budget as if we weren't going to ever find out. That's like a couple calculating their monthy home budget, and not include the mortgage payment in it, but say to themselves, we can afford to live in this house because we have the money to do so, when they actually are borrowing to pay it. The same with the Bush administration, and now unfortunately Obama's as well. Lord help us. We still aren't getting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 AM
 
6,899 posts, read 6,603,402 times
Reputation: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You say that as if we can pay for ANYTHING Obama is spending money on...
That would be your assumption from my correction to the OP original statement. But good try though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 AM
 
6,899 posts, read 6,603,402 times
Reputation: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
When I found out that the Bush's administration didn't include the cost of both wars in the budget, it makes you go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Come on how much did both wars cost us, and why weren't they included in the budget as if we weren't going to ever find out. That's like a couple calculating their monthy home budget, and not include the mortgage payment in it, but say to themselves, we can afford to live in this house because we have the money to do so, when they actually are borrowing to pay it. The same with the Bush administration, and now unfortunately Obama's as well. Lord help us. We still aren't getting it.

It concerns me that we really don't know how much has been shelled out thus far for both these wars we only know what this administration believe they need to spend in addition. We could assume based on what the contracting companies made each quater, but then again that would be an assumption. The saddest part of it all is we KNOW that it didn't go directly to those who are on the front lines with inadequate equipment.

Although the democrats have scaled down the PResidents budget some, its not enough, I certainly hope that every bit of it is not needed. . Everything does not need to occur in one year, the US has done without this long, i believe another couple of months should suffice. The investment should be in getting the housing market, banking and auto industry stable enough where he could then focus on Infrastructure, medical and education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,945,117 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIGuy View Post
Here is a great read:

Obama’s First 100 Days: Worse Than Even We Predicted

Hope and Change...sure and I have a bridge I'd like to sell you!

You must be kidding me right? The majority of Americans would disagree with that article.



AP Poll: Americans high on Obama, direction of US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top