U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,920 posts, read 102,401,145 times
Reputation: 32974

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The Obama will soon adopt the highjacker/pirate/terrorist as the son his wife couldn't sire for him. He will be given a job as the #3 terrorism expert in Homeland Security. Pretty heady stuff for a 16 year old but it's part of the new, nicer USA...
Who ever said Obama was unhappy with his two daughters, or that he wished he'd had a son?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
 
Location: The Land of Lincoln
2,522 posts, read 3,920,179 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obama will apologize to the terrorists the same day Republicans will apologize for Iraq. Never.
Really? An apology is needed.
I don't believe those who feel they were liberated by American soldier feel the need for an apology. And guess what? Many Democrats voted for the Iraq war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 PM
 
Location: The Land of Lincoln
2,522 posts, read 3,920,179 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The Obama will soon adopt the highjacker/pirate/terrorist as the son his wife couldn't sire for him. He will be given a job as the #3 terrorism expert in Homeland Security. Pretty heady stuff for a 16 year old but it's part of the new, nicer USA...
Quite a visual.
I think that 14/16 year old hijacker weighs about 75 pounds soaking wet. The Obama family could eat him for lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 01:23 AM
 
2,105 posts, read 1,193,156 times
Reputation: 636
obvious troll thread is obvious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,641,983 times
Reputation: 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Really? An apology is needed.
I don't believe those who feel they were liberated by American soldier feel the need for an apology. And guess what? Many Democrats voted for the Iraq war.
So, Mamama Mia, just how many Iraqi's have you interviewed? Can you give us some inside information on just how exactly the people of Iraq feel after their so called "liberation"? Many Democrats did in fact vote for the Iraq war. And I'm certain many Democrats regret this.

Doesn't it bother you that all the Republicans and conservatives can do is hurl insults and poo-poo every little thing Obama does? Doesn't it bother you that we are headed for a filibuster proof senate in 2010? I'm obviously a pretty darned liberal guy and it bothers the hell out of me! If you on the right can't do better than belittling everything and own up to the previous administration's mistakes we will in fact have a huge Democratic majority. And I know I speak for many on both sides when I say this is not to the benefit of the country at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 03:24 PM
 
Location: The Land of Lincoln
2,522 posts, read 3,920,179 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So, Mamama Mia, just how many Iraqi's have you interviewed? Can you give us some inside information on just how exactly the people of Iraq feel after their so called "liberation"? Many Democrats did in fact vote for the Iraq war. And I'm certain many Democrats regret this.

Doesn't it bother you that all the Republicans and conservatives can do is hurl insults and poo-poo every little thing Obama does? Doesn't it bother you that we are headed for a filibuster proof senate in 2010? I'm obviously a pretty darned liberal guy and it bothers the hell out of me! If you on the right can't do better than belittling everything and own up to the previous administration's mistakes we will in fact have a huge Democratic majority. And I know I speak for many on both sides when I say this is not to the benefit of the country at all.
Thanks for the lecture.
My nephew and my best friend's son have both been in Iraq and I trust their assessment of the feelings of gratitude of those with whom they had close contact in Iraq. I have also had the opportunity to get to know a woman affliated with the University of Chicago who has been in the states for about 9 months and is always willing to share her perspective on the Iraqi condition.
As for Obama, he deserves much of the criticism he receives. He needs to pull on his "big boy pants" and man up, I am fairly certain the job he applied for (you know, the one for which he said he was unqualified about a year before he became a candidate) wasn't billed as a "walk in the park". I have never heard anyone whine on the behalf of the sitting president the way they do Obama. It is an interesting and very troubling phenomenon.
As a lifelong registered Democrat, who first voted for George McGovern in 1972 and only voted for 2 Republican presidential candiates since that time, I can tell you I am more ashamed of my party than I am the Republicans.
I am not quite sure when we, as Americans decided that everythig that is wrong with the world is our fault. That frightens me much more than a filibuster proof senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 PM
 
2,105 posts, read 1,193,156 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Thanks for the lecture.
My nephew and my best friend's son have both been in Iraq and I trust their assessment of the feelings of gratitude of those with whom they had close contact in Iraq. I have also had the opportunity to get to know a woman affliated with the University of Chicago who has been in the states for about 9 months and is always willing to share her perspective on the Iraqi condition.
As for Obama, he deserves much of the criticism he receives. He needs to pull on his "big boy pants" and man up, I am fairly certain the job he applied for (you know, the one for which he said he was unqualified about a year before he became a candidate) wasn't billed as a "walk in the park". I have never heard anyone whine on the behalf of the sitting president the way they do Obama. It is an interesting and very troubling phenomenon.
As a lifelong registered Democrat, who first voted for George McGovern in 1972 and only voted for 2 Republican presidential candiates since that time, I can tell you I am more ashamed of my party than I am the Republicans.
I am not quite sure when we, as Americans decided that everythig that is wrong with the world is our fault. That frightens me much more than a filibuster proof senate.
You're frightened by hyperbole that you created yourself? No one I know thinks this or has said this, and I have some pretty damned hard left acquaintances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Mount Dora, FL
2,968 posts, read 2,627,310 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
There is no doubt it will happen. Anyone want to take a guess about when and who will get apologies?
As soon as you apologize for being a Republican...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
 
Location: The Land of Lincoln
2,522 posts, read 3,920,179 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
You're frightened by hyperbole that you created yourself? No one I know thinks this or has said this, and I have some pretty damned hard left acquaintances.
Maybe you should ask the president hopw he feels about the hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2009, 09:21 AM
 
Location: The Land of Lincoln
2,522 posts, read 3,920,179 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
As soon as you apologize for being a Republican...
Soccersupporter, no apology necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top