Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 02:41 PM

749 posts, read 946,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Finally, an intelligent post. If only the bozos on both sides could realize this
The lefties are riding a wave right now so they will not believe anything that is posted negative about Bambi. They are too blind too see the destruction that is happening under their watch. One day they will wake up and say why does the government own my house, my bank, my car and why do my children have to start school at 6 moths old.Why can't I buy groceries when I want too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 03:11 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
The lefties are riding a wave right now so they will not believe anything that is posted negative about Bambi. They are too blind too see the destruction that is happening under their watch. One day they will wake up and say why does the government own my house, my bank, my car and why do my children have to start school at 6 moths old.Why can't I buy groceries when I want too?
Oh, give me a break!

Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
Politicians who are not narcissistic are about as common as frigid nymphomaniacs.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Politicians who are not narcissistic are about as common as frigid nymphomaniacs.

As is true of musicians, artists, etc. However, healthy self-esteem and a realistic sense of self-confidence are signs of a well-developed psychological
profile. The characteristics quoted by the OP describe aberrant behavior. How and when is the line crossed?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:29 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
We have eight years of evidence concerning Bush, and nothing but speculation about President Obama...barely 100 days into his administration. I just call it like I see it. It seems to have struck a nerve.
Not at all. I just cannot wrap my head around the notion that every time something that might be perceived as negative is mentioned about Obama, the Libs have to make it all about GWB. I just don't get it.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:00 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Not at all. I just cannot wrap my head around the notion that every time something that might be perceived as negative is mentioned about Obama, the Libs have to make it all about GWB. I just don't get it.

To the contrary; some Democrats have been disappointed with certain of
President Obama's decisions so far. And it's natural to draw comparisons between administrations, especially those that are so different from one another. One thread ponders if President Obama is Camelot revisited. It is
all of us fumbling to get our footing as the country and the world evolve.
Those of us who support President Obama are frustrated that we voted for a candidate willing to set aside bitter partisanship, but the hand that he extended in good faith has been refused...in fact, it was slapped. IMHO, that exhibits nothing but the refusal to engage in the art of compromise that is democracy.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Everyone has narcissistic tendencies, a matter of degrees, but a true narcissist is on the extreme end of the spectrum. (Is thought to arise from an abusive or traumatic childhood.) Unfortunately there is no definitive treatment for this disorder, as a narcissist sees nothing wrong with himself. Insight into others may be remarkable but have little to NO insight involving themselves. For the most part treatments fail for the narcissist. The treatment efforts are usually more geared toward their victims. Suggestions anyone?
Actually, current thinking is that genuine Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is mainly caused by inadequate infant nurturing from a mother who was likely a self-absorbed Narcissist herself. Its been found that this causes genuine developmental and neurological deficits that also affect emotional development.... so they can think and function fine, but will have chronic difficulties with things like self-esteem, trust, bonding, or empathy, and must always end up using manipulation to get their needs met.

But you're right, with no insight into themselves (it's always "someone else's fault"), true NPD's (and BPD's) are considered among the most difficult patients to treat. To the extent that the whole Right Wing phenomena (especially the cultivated rage, bullying, paranoia, and lack of empathy), may simply be a magnet for alot of these folks and their unique fixations, it does beg the question, "what to do?"....

http://mindexpressions.wordpress.com...chopathy-evil/

Old 04-24-2009, 04:26 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Default Translation

The black man WON the race last year and is now the POTUS. Get over it!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:33 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Easily the most laughable post that I've read on CD, to rival those of the OP. You can't talk about destruction without mentioning the hell that this country has been through under the "leadership" of the village idiot. Your state should be ashamed and all of you who supported the worst man to reside in the oval office in history, should be hiding in ditches somewhere. Not seen nor heard from.

You failed this country.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:42 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The black man WON the race last year and is now the POTUS. Get over it!
What black man???? Your not talking about the junkyard mutt are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections