Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:59 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why?

Why is running a company into the ground a good trait according to you but not running one is bad.....doesn't make sense.

You REALLY think no one should be allowed to run for office unless they've run a company????

How elitist can you get??? Aren't you of the "Joe the Plumber Party"?

How true.... and what do you wanna bet this is one of the same 'rocket scientists' that also blindly supported Dubya, whose own oil businesses were all notable disasters (...like his Presidency).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 04:40 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times
Quote:
Why?

Why is running a company into the ground a good trait according to you but not running one is bad.....doesn't make sense.

You REALLY think no one should be allowed to run for office unless they've run a company????

How elitist can you get??? Aren't you of the "Joe the Plumber Party"?

None of what you said is true. You sure are a confused young fella.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
None of what you said is true. You sure are a confused young fella.
Not true? I asked questions.

Which you didn't answer.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:55 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times
Quote:
Not true? I asked questions.

Which you didn't answer.
You don't have to run a company to be president.
I'm not an elitist.
I'm neither a republican or democrat.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The black man WON the race last year and is now the POTUS. Get over it!
First of all he is 1/2 WHITE too, did you forget that tidbit? Second, WHY do the Obama Cheerleaders have to use that line? Is that what you say when you are at a loss for words? Trust me, we all know who won and who is on this spending spree. The Americans put him in there and we will take him out.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Having a company that goes bust is about 100% more business experience than Obama has. Let's talk about all Obama's succesful business ventures...
You go first....
Quote:
You don't have to run a company to be president.
I'm not an elitist.
I'm neither a republican or democrat.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
First of all he is 1/2 WHITE too, did you forget that tidbit? Second, WHY do the Obama Cheerleaders have to use that line? Is that what you say when you are at a loss for words? Trust me, we all know who won and who is on this spending spree. The Americans put him in there and we will take him out.
""and we will take him out""

Death threat?
..or....
You couldn't keep him from getting in !!!! But you think you can get him out???

Old 04-26-2009, 09:03 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
Quote:
First of all he is 1/2 WHITE too, did you forget that tidbit?
So what? A more irrelevant point could not be uttered. A black man won the US Presidency. That's fantastic.

Quote:
Second, WHY do the Obama Cheerleaders have to use that line?
Because this forum is full of triviots who can't seem to get over that fact. You all keep looking for the most asinine, trivial attacks to make. Our complaints about Bush were that he was a bumbling idiot, a dufus who couldn't eat pretzels, and ... oh yeah ... A guy who presided over the destruction of large parts of two cities, who attacked a sovereign country on false premises, who violated the Constitution in several ways, and who admitted to violating the law. Really non-trivial stuff.

In response, you wingnuts are complaining about nothing, but pretending that you have something to complain about. Birth certificates, touching the Queen, not finding a church yet, etc. You look like a bunch of toddlers trying to act like adults. Is it any wonder that you choose the "tea party" imagery?

Barack Obama won, and you really do need to get over it.

Quote:
The Americans put him in there and we will take him out.
Exactly. Via the 22nd Amendment.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 PM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
He may be a narcissist but hopefully he doesn't go totally sociopathic, like many of his his supporters.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He may be a narcissist but hopefully he doesn't go totally sociopathic, like many of his his supporters.
The total lack of self-awareness in some commenters is stunning. The only case of violence in the election was a winger faking it, and we've got a rash of right-wingers going postal and killing cops (the latest in Florida), and this commenter can make such a dim-witted remark.

A lesson to all you conservative members: please read what you post - give it a few moments. Ask yourself if what you wrote is so totally divorced from reality that you will look silly. Then consider not posting your comment.

Last edited by idahogie; 04-27-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections