U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 PM

29,740 posts, read 34,764,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Excellent op-ed in today's LA times by Bill Maher:

More:

The GOP: divorced from reality - Los Angeles Times
If the GOP is divorced from reality are they living alone?
If living alone who do they play with?
Does this mean that the GOP is playing with themselves?

Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 10:33 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,366,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
If the GOP is divorced from reality are they living alone?
If living alone who do they play with?
Does this mean that the GOP is playing with themselves?

Just wondering.
They play at right wing tea parties...a useless exercise of preaching to the converted.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,914,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
They play at right wing tea parties...a useless exercise of preaching to the converted.

Please tell us how Democrats play.

Spend here. Spend there.

Redistribute here. Redistribute there.

Tax. Tax.

Ha, Ha, what fun.

Just tell us straight up what Democrats want. And why it's truly worth every dime your great grandchildren will have to pay back. Seems a bit selfish to me.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 PM

I guess I'll ask it again.

Just tell us straight up what Democrats want. And why it's truly worth every dime your great grandchildren will have to pay back.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,575,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balljoint_ View Post
Obama is for the NWO.
To the narrow extent that something called the NWO can be said to exist, pretty much all politicians in both major parties are up to their ears in it.

Mike Gravel and Ron Paul were the only candidates who had any sort of remote regard for the truth in the last election, which is precisely why imperceptive people called them kooks.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I think in fairness that since the ACLU has already succeeded in announcing to the world that the U.S. will not actually hurt anyone during interrogation, they have gotten to some extent what they've been striving for. An America that is just ****ty and vulnerable.
An America with some semblance of morals. Or what you call ****ty and vulnerable.

Quote:
It is time for Obama to listen to military Generals.
He has. It isn't military generals or military anything that pushed for torturing suspects; they know it doesn't work. Psychotic civilian lawyers and CIA paper-pushers were behind all the torture. I don't have a stratospheric level of respect for the military, but they do not, in general, sink that low.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:58 PM

What do Democrats want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
An America with some semblance of morals.
I believe America has shown genuine generosity across the globe. "Semblance" means to make it appear so. You want America to talk the talk, but not walk the walk. What a good Democrat you are.

A Democrat's view of Obama listening to U.S. Military Generals.

Quote:
He has. It isn't military generals or military anything that pushed for torturing suspects; they know it doesn't work. Psychotic civilian lawyers and CIA paper-pushers were behind all the torture. I don't have a stratospheric level of respect for the military, but they do not, in general, sink that low.
djacques knows that harsher interrogation techniques don't work.

He can also prove that psychotic civilian lawyers and CIA paper-pushers were behind all the "torture".

One last note:

djacques: "I don't have a stratospheric level of respect for the military". In other words .... no respect at all. I feel confident in saying that all Liberals wish to spit on our Military men & women, and our veterans.

It's about time that a Democrat professed what he wants for America.

Pelosi - good. Bush - bad.

This is what we're dealing with my friends.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I believe America has shown genuine generosity across the globe. "Semblance" means to make it appear so. You want America to talk the talk, but not walk the walk. What a good Democrat you are.
No, imbecile. I meant an America with a semblance of morals (Democrats) versus not even a semblance of morals (GOP). You knew that, and lied just like every Republican.

Quote:
He can also prove that psychotic civilian lawyers and CIA paper-pushers were behind all the "torture".
That isn't under debate. Not even the most ardent Democrats have fingered any members of the military in this fiasco, which you also know.

Quote:
Pelosi - good. Bush - bad.

This is what we're dealing with my friends.
More like: Pelosi: vaguely sane. Bush: criminal.

I would never vote for that Israeli stooge Pelosi for any leadership position in the Democratic Party. I can't stand her. But for exactly the opposite reasons that you right-wing psychos can't stand her.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 AM

djacques,

I'm really not trying to target you specifically. I would guess that you are a decent person.

But, you are taking sides to some extent, and that gives me an opportunity to paint with a broad brush. The same as you do.

It is sad that you disrespect our military men & women. That is your opinion. I'm afraid that all Democrats feel the same way. That's very divisive.

You speak of morality. I don't even have to cite the differences.

Even the "Savior" believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Check his record.

Not to be granted for Jim and Harold.

Anyway, now you have to speak out against your party. In the case of getting Bush's head on a plate. Do you support this witch hunt, devised to make the hateful left full of revengeful blood? Your party is attempting to get satisfaction by getting heads on a stick? Morals abound.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 AM

5,763 posts, read 4,344,208 times
I feel confident in saying that all Liberals wish to spit on our Military men & women, and our veterans.

Your self-confidence is unjustified; implying that only Republicans join the military is clearly inaccurate, and implying that all liberals would spit on a
military person is both insulting and stereotypical. Of course the statement is hyperbolic to the point of absurdity, so perhaps it was thrown in merely to inflame. Several veterans from Iraq ran for office in 2008, and some ran as Democrats. Some of the most devout liberals are vets. IMHO, there's no need to be inflammatory; it undercuts one's value in terms of engaging in a
sustained and logical dialogue.

http://www.vfw.org/resources/levelxm...r%20Office.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections