Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:45 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
great recommendation from someone who obviously has no idea of what Bachmann has said!

What has Bachmann said that would make my hair stand on end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 06:45 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, those glassy eyes...that flat soft monotone voice....creepy....doncha wonder what she's on ??? Or should be on!!!!!

It's part of a new brain washing procedure........and it's seems to be working on many republicans.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
What has Bachmann said that would make my hair stand on end?
How would I know what makes your hair stand on end?????

If her comments on investigating members of Congress for making anti-American comments and her recent drool that Democrat Presidents are responsible for epidemics don't bother you than nothing would make your hair do anything.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
She sound like the ideal Republican candidate!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
She sound like the ideal Republican candidate!
Yes, since I haven't seen even ONE repub come to her defense or back up her slobbering accusations....perfect!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:20 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
yooperkat wrote;
Quote:
At least Bachmann wouldn't play nicey nicey with Al Quaida, and be careful not to offend them.
And who, EXACTLY has done that? Please post an example!

Quote:
And she certainly wouldn't label our Veterans as domestic terrorists, the very people who have defended this country, like the Obama administration has.
Seriously, you need to start READING and stop listening to right wing radio/TV. The report did NOT say anything about our vets being domestic terrorists, it said the vets MAY BE LIKELY RECRUITING TARGETS for terrorist groups.

Reading comprehension 101 will be offered next term.

golfgod

Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
yooperkat wrote;

"At least Bachmann wouldn't play nicey nicey with Al Quaida, and be careful not to offend them."

Janet Napolitano refuses to call members of Al Quaida terrorists. Under orders from the Obama administration.

Quote:
Seriously, you need to start READING and stop listening to right wing radio/TV. The report did NOT say anything about our vets being domestic terrorists, it said the vets MAY BE LIKELY RECRUITING TARGETS for terrorist groups.
Which terrorist groups did Napolitano mean? Middle East terrorist groups? No, she sees those groups as no threat.

She meant that American Veterans are too stupid to understand when they are being duped by domestic criminals like Mike Ayers.

Quote:

golfgod
I suppose reading the New York Times will set me straight. No bias there!

My ability to read would probably improve if Congress would dump another 30 billion dollars into education.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
The report says veterans returning from Iraq or Afghanistan could be susceptible to right-wing recruiters or commit lone acts of violence. Why is it a shock that some veterans returning from wars may need some help readjusting after the horrors of war. The report should be a wakeup call. Why aren't the right wingers faulting the bush administration for generating the original report calling attention to the matter?
Clip:
... the right-wing extremist report originated in the Bush administration and Napolitano was working to keep the nation safe from terrorists.
Homeland secretary apologizes to veterans group | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
yooperkat wrote;

golfgod
Reading is for liberal elitists. True patriots listen to talk radio.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:04 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

So, to help the GOP get back on its feet, I recommend a tough-to-beat ticket of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman in 2012!
Where do I send my check?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections