Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
of course we are .. I wonder how old the stupid shoes were .. MAYBE they were her old shoes she had before she became first lady .. yanno that does happen .. I am sure she didnt just go buy them for this public apperance with the poor ..
yanno this is just stupid of the media to find fault with a pair of shoes that Mrs O had for how long? besides is it really our business? AND mebbe Faux news should do a little history research and look up the costs of Nancy Reagens dress's or Jackie Kennedys or some of the other first ladies .. I'm just glad to see Mrs O out in public doing her job !.. Our first lady is a true volunteer
oh boy I can see it coming from all the BHO haters pack .. ::runs ::
A true volunteer doesn't need a photo op and I'm sure this could have been arranged with the photogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Laura Bush didn't wear a weeks salary worth of sneakers to feed the poor.
Sarah did. Strangely, I didnt hear you complain. Guess it depends on who's ox is being gored.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 AM

134 posts, read 317,929 times
Quote:
Laura Bush didn't wear a weeks salary worth of sneakers to feed the poor.

But on the other hand, Palin was talked about her expensive clothes by the Left.

BTW...I wear my 3-4 years old Nike's when I help out at the Soup Kitchen each month.
First off, its fantastic that you volunteer your time to help feed people at the soup kitchen.

But isn't it just plain petty to pick on what someone, especially the First Lady, is wearing to go and work at one? I thought it was petty to pick on Sarah Palin's clothes - she looked great but wasn't well versed on the issues.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sarah did. Strangely, I didnt hear you complain. Guess it depends on who's ox is being gored.
Link of Palin at soup kitchen please wear expensive clothes?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Link of Palin at soup kitchen please wear expensive clothes?
Link of Wailin' at a soup kitchen wearing expensive clothes she paid for? Oh, better yet, Link of Wailin' at a soup kitchen?

There are pictures of her with food donated by thousands of private citizens whose delivery to the cold/poor/hungry villagers in northern Alaska she resisted until the national media found out about it. She then went along for the ride, the delivery and the photo op.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:00 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Laura Bush used to wear some very nice duds and no one ever picked on her for it (nor should they have). How about we treat Michelle Obama the same way?
The problem is this the left opened the can of worms now they want the can closed sorry it cannot be. The attacks from the left against Palin and McCain were to vicious and it is not as I say but as I do. So deal with it.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Link of Wailin' at a soup kitchen wearing expensive clothes she paid for? Oh, better yet, Link of Wailin' at a soup kitchen?

There are pictures of her with food donated by thousands of private citizens whose delivery to the cold/poor/hungry villagers in northern Alaska she resisted until the national media found out about it. She then went along for the ride, the delivery and the photo op.
Link please.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Obama's wife has every right to wear whatever she wants.

My tennis shoes from Wal-Mart fit me nicely. Folks that share Michelle's common ground will forgive her for her seperation from them. You see, they don't spite her for fogetting her roots.

Most Americans want to give her Jackie O status, even though her husband is against a voucher education system that is working in DC. No longer, Barack has put and end to that.

Shoes don't matter to Michelle. I don't think that gardening matters either.

If Michelle doesn't beat it into Barack that some countries want to kill us, then some Americans will be killed.

Having tea with Iranians, and loosening American interrogation tactics, will not make America better.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:24 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Link please.
There's lots more but here's a start for you.

http://www.thetundradrums.com/docs/E...VillageAid.pdf

The Tundra Drums - Emmonak donations ‘a miracle’ of caring

The problems as noted in the articles above, predates her photo op by almost two months. She nor anyone in her administration did anything to raise this food. They just went along for the ride with the media.

Samaritan's Purse | United States | U.S. Disaster Relief | Sending Emergency Aid to Alaska

Old 05-02-2009, 01:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Let me tell you all a little something about how "stylists" work.

When they clothe famous celebs the designers SEND THE STYLISTS FREE CLOTHING, HANDBAGS, SHOES just so they will be photographed and SEEN WEARING their CLOTHING!

It really doesn't bother me that the shoes cost $540 bucks because #1. if she paid for them she can surely afford them according to her tax return which was made public, and #2. if she didn't pay for them (which is most likely what happened) someone is taking credit for giving the shoes away right now (oh they came from Lanvin... who cares?).

Would I rather see the First Lady wearing a pair of cheap shoes? No. The rest of her outfit cost much less than those shoes did, it's not like she wore cultured pearls and ermine. Oh it's a "recession"... yes it's a recession, and does that mean we all curl up and die? Aren't celebs still going to galas being photographed in hundreds of thousands of dollars in DIAMONDS! I saw something on t.v. yesterday night about a Cartier event and nobody was chastising Kate Hudson for wearing a nearly 1 million dollar diamond collar!

I don't want people holding Michelle Obama to a different standard than the rest of Hollywood plastered in our faces daily who gallivant around in expensive clothing and jewels.

Give me a break, at the end of the day Michelle Obama wore shoes, they're still just going to wind up being dirty old sneakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections