Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie94 View Post

what about the current president, is there a lack of respect for humanity and what are some examples of where he went wrong there????
obviously your statement was meant as a slight towards our current president, but i dont not follow in any way how he has no respect for humanity...so help me out

His alleged concern for humanity and human rights is selective at best. He pats himself un the back for giving Iraqis a vote. If he's so concerned with humanity why is he not pressing the Saudis for a similar expansion of rights?

And there's no way you can convince anyone truly concerned with humanity would oppose using embryos slated for disposal in research that may well lead to curing some of the afflictions of humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 AM

294 posts, read 437,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His alleged concern for humanity and human rights is selective at best. He pats himself un the back for giving Iraqis a vote. If he's so concerned with humanity why is he not pressing the Saudis for a similar expansion of rights?

And there's no way you can convince anyone truly concerned with humanity would oppose using embryos slated for disposal in research that may well lead to curing some of the afflictions of humanity.

wire tapping? plesae explain further. violation of the right to privacy? but where does that line get blurred when it comes to national security measures or federal investigations. i have read the constitution and there are caveats to freedoms.

i am not arguing simply becasue i am not knowledgable at this point to say and i agree to the right to privacy, but to play the devils advocate. if you are not commiting crimes, then you are not being tapped.

secondly,
any communication you make is using "public" (for lack of a better term) utilities is a open speech, secondly there has always been somebody (govt or not) that has been able to hear what you have to say via any sort of communication.

that one seems a no win-no win. i can see both sides

with humanity. i am assuming you have not seen the work we have done in Iraq and afghaniland. it is very much a humanity issues that goes way beyond voting. and as far as other places we can only do so much at one time. where is hte rest of the world to help?. the saudis for the most part dont have our system (neither do the Iraq's) but it is in no way a humanitary issue over there in saudiland, no more then here in the states. its a cultural issue if anything. we are not changing the heritage and culture (at least to most extent) in Iraq. but Iraq was part a

comparitively and historically we have done less in the past succesfully then now.

Stem cell research. touchy subject, goes on your belief about abortion. I am not for abortion an dhtink it is wrong to take aborted fetuses and use them elsewhere for whatever good.

only comparison i can think of is how the nazis used jews in experiments. they believed they were less then human so they experimented on them with a variety of things including stuff that would help humanity....still wrong no matter how you slice it.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
wire tapping? plesae explain further. violation of the right to privacy? but where does that line get blurred when it comes to national security measures or federal investigations. i have read the constitution and there are caveats to freedoms.
There were procedures in place that clearluy defined the legal way of going about things and GWB clearly ignored them, I'm not impressed with his 'above the law' attitude. 'National Security' should not be used as a mantra to conceal arrogance and self-importance.

Quote:
wth humanity. i am assuming you have not seen the work we have done in Iraq and afghaniland. it is very much a humanity issues that goes way beyond voting. and as far as other places we can only do so much at one time. where is hte rest of the world to help?. the saudis for the most part dont have our system (neither do the Iraq's) but it is in no way a humanitary issue over there in saudiland, no more then here in the states. its a cultural issue if anything. we are not changing the heritage and culture (at least to most extent) in Iraq. but Iraq was part a
Seems to me you've basically said when we want to invade it's a humanitarian issue and when not convenient it becomes 'cultural'. Sorry but you'll have to do better than that.

Quote:
Stem cell research. touchy subject, goes on your belief about abortion. I am not for abortion an dhtink it is wrong to take aborted fetuses and use them elsewhere for whatever good.

only comparison i can think of is how the nazis used jews in experiments. they believed they were less then human so they experimented on them with a variety of things including stuff that would help humanity....still wrong no matter how you slice it.

Once again I'm not buying, we're talking about embryos already in existence that will be destroyed, I see no relationship to the abortion issue. And your nazi experiment contention doesn't fly, as I've said, we're talking about existing embryos that will be destroyed, not experimenting on human beings.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 PM

294 posts, read 437,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
Look into Ron Paul. Our constitution has been violently raped and torn to shreds over the last century and a half, not just by Bush but ever since the end of the civil war. The country we live in today is not the country our forefathers envisioned.

If you want to fight terrorism, then stop lending aid to Isreal, and get the hell out of the Middle East, completely.

cant argue the constitution thing too much, but i guess it depends on what you believe weather its right or wrong and how the constituion is "interpreted". seems pretty straight forward to me but apparently its not.

with the middle east...too late. even if we pulled out now wont do us a bit of good other then bring it here.

kill, subjegate, or convert, that is the goal of radical groups now. and they wont stop hating us. they dont forget very easily and they ill pursue it becasue it is what they do.

therefore, a prez who will continue the War on terror with more of an iron fist.

havent still looked into ron paul, but keep hearing good things about him. he seems to be a fan favorite where i live

Old 10-19-2007, 04:49 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:

kill, subjegate, or convert, that is the goal of radical groups now. and they wont stop hating us. they dont forget very easily and they ill pursue it becasue it is what they do.

therefore, a prez who will continue the War on terror with more of an iron fist.
Indeed,you said it smackie

Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Check this out, no wonder there is such extremes in our veiws of what makes a good president. Voter to Edwards: It's All About Me I think Edwards and his wifes response is even more pathetic than the dimwit's question!

I dont consider Rush as a a valid source of intellectual information....especially with his 200 mg per diem Oxycontin addiction.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:10 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:

what about the current president, is there a lack of respect for humanity and what are some examples of where he went wrong there????
obviously your statement was meant as a slight towards our current president, but i dont not follow in any way how he has no respect for humanity...so help me out

additionally what president do you see in the past that had that feature???

Read your history. Jefferson, Lincoln and FDR were a few who cared for society.

Bush is a disgrace, witness his phony act of being christian.......he now owns 98,000 acres of Venezuela oil territory.... That is a reality- He will not be passing the holy gates of St. Peter

sunny

Old 10-20-2007, 03:59 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

I dont consider Rush as a a valid source of intellectual information....especially with his 200 mg per diem Oxycontin addiction.
Wrong thread. It's not about Rush. This one's about a whiney 22 year old "child" who can't seem to pursue her future and grab it by the 'nads unless the US president takes a more active part.

If that were my daughter I'd be embarassed.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Read your history. Jefferson, Lincoln and FDR were a few who cared for society.

Bush is a disgrace, witness his phony act of being christian.......he now owns 98,000 acres of Venezuela oil territory.... That is a reality- He will not be passing the holy gates of St. Peter

sunny
WOW!! Sunny, your all over the map on this thread, I would love to hear you expand on this post in a different thread!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Wrong thread. It's not about Rush. This one's about a whiney 22 year old "child" who can't seem to pursue her future and grab it by the 'nads unless the US president takes a more active part.

If that were my daughter I'd be embarassed.
I agree doc, the typical democrat from the "me" generation! (what are you going to do for me?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections