Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite in 2012
Mike Huckabee 18 9.38%
Sarah Palin 25 13.02%
Mitt Romney 31 16.15%
Jeb Bush 0 0%
Charlie Crist 6 3.13%
Rick Perry 1 0.52%
Mark Sanford 3 1.56%
Paul Ryan 4 2.08%
Eric Cantor 1 0.52%
John McCain 3 1.56%
Rudy Giulliani 6 3.13%
Tim Pawlenty 6 3.13%
John Ensign 1 0.52%
Other 32 16.67%
I'm a Democrat, so Barack Obama 55 28.65%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,468,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyK View Post
Excellent combo.
Ron Paul really does not like Newt Gingrich, as he said in the interview that Rachel Maddow did with him.

Paul speaks about Newt towards the end of this clip.

YouTube - Ron Paul discusses the GOP with Rachel Maddow 05/05/2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,318,173 times
Meghan McCain has been a Republican for less than a year.

When she has been with the Party for 10 years we can talk.

Imagine someone saying "is George Bush the new face of the Democrat Party?" No he's not, she is as Republican as Sean Hannity is Democrat. She should go back to the Democrat Party with her pal Andrew Sullivan. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 PM

157 posts, read 179,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Rather than Romney protegee Meg Whitman who's just more of the same old same old, there's another woman with a similar first name who seems to be actually peddling some fresh air into the Republican Party - Meghan McCain, John's daughter, who seeks to tie together traditional Republican beliefs in economics with a social liberalism that makes her dad look like Falwell. She describes herself as a "pro-sex, pro-gay Republican" and recently talked about a "revenge of the RINOs" to make the party appeal to the younger generation:

Is Meghan McCain the new face of the GOP?

Paul has also stressed that the GOP is blowing it by not getting behind his message of freedom and ending the drug war. He mentioned that he got support from young people because he is just as opposed to government being on your backs when it comes to not letting you smoke pot as government on your backs with regard to taxes and spending.
I have no use for anyone named McCain.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 PM

271 posts, read 180,907 times
Wow-no-Ron-Paul?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:30 PM

654 posts, read 463,689 times
Ron Paul. Its amazing that Republicans are constantly overlooking him and even deriding him.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Ron Paul. Its amazing that Republicans are constantly overlooking him and even deriding him.
I put him on my list several posts above. He's the obvious choice to me.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,192,258 times
Quote:
Ron Paul
Meg Whitman
Liz Cheney

Three I'd like to hear more from.
Yea, that's all we need in this country is more DNA floating around the the Cheney Gene Pool... You haven't had enough eh?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 PM

654 posts, read 463,689 times
Quote:
I put him on my list several posts above. He's the obvious choice to me.
Yeah, several people were like "WTF how did he not get on the poll?"

Old 05-15-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Yea, that's all we need in this country is more DNA floating around the the Cheney Gene Pool... You haven't had enough eh?
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mr. Cheney. Just knowing he's still paying attention brings me much comfort.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,119,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Meghan McCain has been a Republican for less than a year.

When she has been with the Party for 10 years we can talk.

Imagine someone saying "is George Bush the new face of the Democrat Party?" No he's not, she is as Republican as Sean Hannity is Democrat. She should go back to the Democrat Party with her pal Andrew Sullivan. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
A lot of Republicans do what you do here. They are exclusionary and single-minded. It's either their way or not at all. Someone has to meet some rigid standard or they aren't "one of us". Well, is it any wonder then that the Republican party is in a shambles? How can any substantive political entity form around the slogan "You're Not One Of Us!"?

To answer the poll question then, my favorite Republicans are all the dead ones. And just so as to be fair, my favorite Democrats are...oh wait, they're useless too.

If we're going to waste our time choosing a favorite 4 years out from the next election, we're already picking losers. If it's from either party, it's not going to be worth our while. You've purchased these products many times before and they always disappoint! Please spend time exploring more alternatives and putting your money and power behind them instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections