Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:35 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times

Advertisements

Obama will leave the White House when Geitner calls him up and tells him we can't borrow and spend any more money...or when Chinese food is referred to as Continental American Fare and we replace our silverware with chopsticks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 11:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
True.

I don't see a GOP candidate on the horizon that can take Obama, nor do I expect to see one until the republican party figures out how to make itself attractive to more than its base.

I tried to rep you bit I couldn't!
I think Mitt Romney could make a run if the religious bigots of my own party would let him. But the fact of the matter is if the economy is doing well in 2012, and people have and are content with ther jobs, Obama is going to win. Whether or not he is responsible for it. And I'm not an economist, so I can't say who's responible for what.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I tried to rep you bit I couldn't!
I think Mitt Romney could make a run if the religious bigots of my own party would let him. But the fact of the matter is if the economy is doing well in 2012, and people have and are content with ther jobs, Obama is going to win. Whether or not he is responsible for it. And I'm not an economist, so I can't say who's responible for what.

The Economy will NOT be doing well in 2012 BECAUSE of the policies coming out of the Obama Administration and the (D)s in Congress.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
This is just like the election. A dip in the poll and a week later the thread looks silly.
Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

A 33 point spread in Gallup. You would think folks would learn and try to maintain or regain some sense of dignity.
It's called trends wise up a little!

Jan 09 approval 62 Jan 09 disapproval 34

Jun 09 approval 54 Jun 09 disapproval 45

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/july_2009/obama_approval_index_month_by_month - broken link)

Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
True.

I don't see a GOP candidate on the horizon that can take Obama, nor do I expect to see one until the republican party figures out how to make itself attractive to more than its base.
That's why I'm so surprised he wants a Cap and Trade bill passed where voters will see a HUGE increase in their personal expenses before the 2010 midterm elections.

Next year when your monthly electric bill cost $30 more per month and you can't sell your house w/o EPA permission his approval rating will be in the 20s and the Democrat majorities in congress will evaporate over night

Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Obama: 52% approval rating, 47% disapproval rating as per Rasmussen 7/7/09.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:52 PM

551 posts, read 855,809 times
Rasmussen is a scary thing to the LW Loony's around here....they don't like it.

Just a friendly warning.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:34 PM

817 posts, read 853,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I can only hope Obama's policies destroy the America of crony capitalists, war mongering lobbyists and speculative bankers and financiers that created this recession. We need to replace it with an America based on equal opportunity for all regardless of their parent’s financial status. To start anyway, there are a lot more things that need replacing.
Lobbyist? You know they're expecting lobbyist to spend more money in congress this year than they did last year right?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
That's why I'm so surprised he wants a Cap and Trade bill passed where voters will see a HUGE increase in their personal expenses before the 2010 midterm elections.

Next year when your monthly electric bill cost $30 more per month and you can't sell your house w/o EPA permission his approval rating will be in the 20s and the Democrat majorities in congress will evaporate over night

The dem leaders do not think people are smart enough to see the hidden cost per household. Afterall, most of them are section 8 anyway and get their heat bills paid by welfare.

The lib party is destroying themselves by this crap and it looks like we finally may be able to get rid of them once and for all.

Remember:

HOPE AND CHANGE

YES WE CAN

is now

Aww, forget it and you have no change left to take away.

and

NO WE CANNOT now!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Obama has a 52% approval rating, and a 48% disapproval rating. 32% very favorable, 37% very unfavorable. Rasmussen polling 7/8/09.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections